News New Jumpers for 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's the sort of experimentation manufactures can take with shades of charcoal and orange and make it look cool. Not the dire home guernsey that GWS have now. I think the above is much better, despite being a bit more 'out there' for a footy jumper. Personally I believe white shouldn't be on the GWS jumper at all
Our colours are officially, Orange, Charcoal and White. Itd be like saying that St Kilda should lose the white part of the tripanel.
Hypotheticaly speaking, if they lost the white G, what design would you like to see them take on?

At least we didn't rip off our logo from a beer company :p
i hate our logo too dnt get me wrong

u ripped it off gatorade ha

i can't believe richmond employed that company that designed hawthorn and geelongs logo to rip off tiger beer

(Log in to remove this ad.)

GWS store features a training guernsey that hasn't been seen yet. No pictures of the back yet, but I think its just a direct reflection of the front
34760-greater-western-sydney-giants-2015-adults-gunmetal-training-guernsey-2000.jpg
I think there's a tweet earlier in the thread with the GWS players doing the time trial in this.

I think I'm in the minority of really liking GWS's home jumper (besides the orange back, but that's an easy fix). I'd probably have it in the first handful of home jumpers in the league. Perfect mix of modern, original design, and classic footy jumper look.

I also like the G, but just wish they utilised it better for the logo.

I like the GWS white but I think it works so much better when white is the majority colour on their jumper with charcoal being the second colour and orange being used as more of a trim colour.

GWS clash strip is really nice, although I would prefer the collar all charcoal. Too bad no teams can have a predominantly white jumper because of the AFL's stupid away jumper policy.

I would love it if they eventually added blue to their colours (OKC and NY have some of my favourite jerseys in the NBA). In terms of merch I wouldn't buy anything with mainly orange or charcoal, but white or blue with thoses highlights would be awesome.

GWS store features a training guernsey that hasn't been seen yet. No pictures of the back yet, but I think its just a direct reflection of the front
34760-greater-western-sydney-giants-2015-adults-gunmetal-training-guernsey-2000.jpg

When I first saw the shape of the G logo, I figured they'd designed it so that, with the diagonal line cutting it off and the inner part of the G diminished, you could put two of them together diagonal-to-diagonal and it would make an S. Like, they represent the left (west) half of Sydney or something:

Two GWS Logos.png

Clearly I was the only one who thought of that, but you can sort of see it here with the upturned one in the background. (Incidentally you can also make a W out of it, to complete the set :p)

Two GWS Logos 2.png

When I first saw the shape of the G logo, I figured they'd designed it so that, with the diagonal line cutting it off and the inner part of the G diminished, you could put two of them together diagonal-to-diagonal and it would make an S. Like, they represent the left (west) half of Sydney or something:

View attachment 99213

Clearly I was the only one who thought of that, but you can sort of see it here with the upturned one in the background. (Incidentally you can also make a W out of it, to complete the set :p)

View attachment 99214
That's genius! I hadn't thought of that at all. We just get a half arsed explanation that the G is in the shape of a map of NSW and the indent is apparently Parramatta River.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back