"Get The F#!k Out The Way!"...It's Kobe Bryant and the Official Week 8 Thread!

Who had the truest quote about the Knicks last week?

• "We have a loser's mentality." -Phil Jackson

Votes: 9 18.8%
  • "There's a lot of arguing and cursing each other out after games." -Broussard's 'sources'

Votes: 3 6.3%
  • "We're all commited to the triangle and to this system." -Carmelo Anthony

Votes: 3 6.3%
  • "It's not that difficult. It's a triangle." -Dennis Rodman

Votes: 33 68.8%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

To whit -

"You've got to get the ball in Kobe's hands here"

Meanwhile Kobe is shooting 3/14 while Lin has wreaked havoc with the Thunder this quarter.

Kobe misses... again.

"Normally Kobe would make that shot"

This is why you're not still coach of the Dubs, Mark.

surely the Kings will save us

If they have any sense then they're locked in a meeting with George Karl right now.

Ty Corbin, Chris Mullin, Mark Jackson, Vinny Del Negro ... that's a whole smorgasbord of shite coaching right there.

Any Houston fans have thoughts on the Brewer deal?

I get that they gave up basically nothing, but still its not like he fits any real obvious need for them, at least to my eyes

Presumably cover for Ariza, albeit without the three point shooting.

Both Harden and Ariza are playing heavy minutes by comparison to some of the other top West teams. Assume that's why they picked up Shved too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Interesting... looks like this is what the Raptors will be going with next season

10350453_10152541646211769_7701872669756314837_n.0.jpg

Getting perilously close to...

brooklyn-nets-logo_circlealternate.jpg

Presumably cover for Ariza, albeit without the three point shooting.

Both Harden and Ariza are playing heavy minutes by comparison to some of the other top West teams. Assume that's why they picked up Shved too.

I'm just looking through their roster

PG Bev/Canaan
SG Beard/Jet/(Brewer)
SF Ariza/Garcia/Papa
PF Jones/DMo
C Dwight/Black

You can argue where Papa, Garcia Brewer play, at the 2, 3 or 4, but the 2 glaring holes to my eyes are the backups at point and centre. They can go small ball with DMo or Jones in some lineups, but given Dwight and Beverlys recent injury history those would be the 2 positions i'd be most concerned about. Canaan has shown he can play well in patches.

Surprised they didnt make a run at Rondo tbh, altho owing the Lakers their pick this year probably didnt help those discussions, but they do get the NOLA pick

I'm just looking through their roster

PG Bev/Canaan
SG Beard/Jet/(Brewer)
SF Ariza/Garcia/Papa
PF Jones/DMo
C Dwight/Black

They cut Garcia and Terry hasn't been playing much recently - started off well but his shooting percentages slumped, probably playing too many minutes.

If I'm reading it correctly, Brewer & Pap will spell Beard & Ariza, but you're right in saying that PG is a worry. I suspect they plan on using Pap as a defacto point forward in the short term, wouldn't bet against them making other moves though. Tarik Black is not much insurance come playoff time.

Harden or Terry can play the PG whenever they're on the court alongside 2 of Brewer, Ariza, Kostas.
But I still don't get it. Apart from a broad sense of depth, he offers nothing really they would have been seeking. I just think they've seen he's on the market and have gone for it, rather then them identifying his skillset as a need.

They cut Garcia and Terry hasn't been playing much recently - started off well but his shooting percentages slumped, probably playing too many minutes.

If I'm reading it correctly, Brewer & Pap will spell Beard & Ariza, but you're right in saying that PG is a worry. I suspect they plan on using Pap as a defacto point forward in the short term, wouldn't bet against them making other moves though. Tarik Black is not much insurance come playoff time.

Ah yes they did cut Garcia... my bad

Harden or Terry can play the PG whenever they're on the court

Yeah, Beard tends to be a de facto point at least on offense, altho its not sustainable for Jet to play point for any length of time anymore

Back