NFL 2014 NFL - Week 16

Remove this Banner Ad

I Gotta congratulate My Detroit Lions on making the Play offs for the first time in 15 years It doesnt look like they can miss them now. I bet those Eagles fans will be cheering on Indy today! I still think the Colts are a Chance in that game. We will give the Cowgirls a run for their money :)

Errr. Detroit made the playoffs three years ago.

Usually the differential between season end position and draft pick for two teams contending this late in the season if they make the playoffs or dont isnt so great as it for either new orleans or atlanta this year.

That said given that both these teams have an intense rivalry, the fact that either team wins will be more if an issue.

Looking a week ahead if Atlanta lose and next week play Carolina with a chance that if Carolina wins they make the playoffs instead of new Orleans, will that affect the mindset
The differential makes ZERO difference really. No team plays for a higher draft pick. The fans might want the higher pick, and deep down the GM might enjoy the higher pick, but the game is played by players and coaches, all with their contracts and bonuses and kick-ins on the line. The players don't care about higher draft picks, many wont be on the team the following season, no one cares such that they're looking forward to playing with x rookie instead of y rookie .......especially when no one knows who anyone will be drafted by for all of the above. You will see many upsets week 16 and 17, that hurt the org's draft order. That whole draft pick consideration, the whole draft itself, only really starts kicking into the front office's focus once the season ends. Also because many of those s**t teams vying for higher picks will have new GMs and new HCs and OC/DC's, that they can't even formulate a draft plan yet, what system they're running, what rookies they want, etc. The actual scouting of rookies only just got started last week for most teams across the league....that is, the scouts starting the process.

And using your example.....if Atlanta has a chance to hurt Carolina, like they had a chance to hurt New Orleans (but lost tho they almost won, say), they will want to hurt Carolina because it doesn't matter to them if it's Carolina or New Orleans who makes the playoffs at that point. They'll enjoy nothing more than directly (on-field) being responsible for wrecking Carolina's playoffs. You watch.....the Falcons will go hard at the Saints and will lose or win at the death, and if they lose, watch next week, they'll go as hard at the Panthers, losing/winning at the death.

That 1 Wildcard game in 2011 we played the Saints and lost???? Didnt we? Edit nevermind they fixed it up Hopefully to many other people noticed it like I did.

The cheapshot Falcons look like they're going to get away with their usual cheapshots after every play.

Taunting isn't a rule that applies to Atlanta.
Yet they call us on a hold the same play they should've called New Orleans on hitting a defensive player.
I guess held up on the ground and a shot to the neck is fine in Nawleans?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Brady sacked twice in three plays. Jets D has come to play will have to see if the O can back it up. There was a horrible play earlier where Harvin took the snap but he was the only player back there With Geno lining up in wildcat position - Harvin ran the ball which was obvious and telegraphed by the Pats. Gotta be smarter than that if you want to get points on the Pats their D has been very good this year.

Brady sacked twice in three plays. Jets D has come to play will have to see if the O can back it up. There was a horrible play earlier where Harvin took the snap but he was the only player back there With Geno lining up in wildcat position - Harvin ran the ball which was obvious and telegraphed by the Pats. Gotta be smarter than that if you want to get points on the Pats their D has been very good this year.
The punters saw plenty of action in the 1st

Remove this Banner Ad

Back