Matchday 23

Remove this Banner Ad

I can tell you he's just as highly rated here. He'll be learning his skills from Cambiasso too. Hopefully he'll be blitzing it in the Premier League. I saw bits of Reece, would definitely love to have him over here as well.

At least he can finish, lol.

Hmm… De Laet, Drinkwater, James, Lawrence, Simpson (Forgot that he’s Man Utd as well)… uhh, we told Powell that his attitude stinks (no longer here)… Schlupp did spend some time in your youth team on trial (though he is a product of our academy)… umm, does Schmeichel count? Yeah, quite a few with the touch of United about them. We're on very good terms with United, which helped us to Lawrence and Powell on deadline day. Maybe there might be some more on the way come the end of this window.

If only we were able to get Pogba too, lol.

By the way, I'm a little curious, what is your hopeful lineup against us? Where would you put Rooney? Seems to be some disagreement on his position...

Our lineup? V hard to say and depends on whether we got back to 442 or not.
FWIW, i like

DDG
Rafa smalling rojo shaw
Blind
ADM Herrera
Rooney
Wilson Falcao

RVP, Mata and Carrick off the bench.

@henrywinter: FA: "Diego Costa suspended for three games after Independent Regulatory Commission upholds charge" #cfc

He misses the games against City, Villa & Everton.

That's how the rest of us feel when you lot bang on about Chelsea ;)

a) It's topical and b) he did try to injure 2 of my players, so forgive me for being happy that he's being punished for it! Having said that, I don't think we've spoken about it anymore than supporters of any other club - there's just a lot of us so maybe it seems that way.

a) It's topical and b) he did try to injure 2 of my players, so forgive me for being happy that he's being punished for it! Having said that, I don't think we've spoken about it anymore than supporters of any other club - there's just a lot of us so maybe it seems that way.
I agree on all points.

However, Chelsea in general (finances, players, history etc) seem to get brought up by Liverpool fans an awful lot.

And I'm not the only one who sees it.

carrick out for 4 weeks

Don't think stuff like this is coincidence or bad luck. A few clubs (City included) are doing something wrong with their fitness and injury management.

Look at Chelsea able to get their best XI out most weeks, its such an advantage.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Obviously the FA disagrees.
I don't think they do really. They just felt 3 games was enough.

If you look on the reverse camera angle, there's simply no doubt Costa stamps deliberately on Skrtel. It's not so obvious front on, but the wide reverse anlge shows clearly how unnatural his action is.

The guy has problems. And sure he's not the only one. But to do what he did twice in one game is absolute lunacy.

And it's shocking if, like me, you are a father of an 8 year old child playing Sunday league in "Chelsea area" in Surrey. Just not good at all.

Costa's actions were ridiculous and he deserves his suspension. Needs to iron that s**t out of his game. As a foreigner in England with a track record like he has, the spotlight is going to be on him.

Wouldn't rule out Chelsea at all though, Mourinho is the master at getting results in big games. Drogba might have something up his sleeve too. Don't care if his best football is behind him, the mere sight of Drogba still makes an Arsenal fan quiver.

Don't think stuff like this is coincidence or bad luck. A few clubs (City included) are doing something wrong with their fitness and injury management.

I agree but I think in United's case a lot of these niggling injuries are probably down to LVG trying to raise fitness standards in the squad, if it continues next season it will be a real worry.

I agree but I think in United's case a lot of these niggling injuries are probably down to LVG trying to raise fitness standards in the squad, if it continues next season it will be a real worry.
It's not like they were training under some mug. They had years of Fergie who obviously had high standards and good results, and Moyes' Everton always had a good record.

It's not like they were training under some mug. They had years of Fergie who obviously had high standards and good results, and Moyes' Everton always had a good record.

Yeah but LVG said from the get go that he wanted to raise the fitness levels even more so, from all accounts he's had them training much harder than they're accustomed too.

Look at Chelsea able to get their best XI out most weeks, its such an advantage.

United, Arsenal, Newcastle and Hull all need to have a serious look at their medical staff. City and Liverpool as well to a lesser extent with Sturridge and Aguero constantly missing.

It's the soft tissue injuries that are so noticeable, as they're far more preventable than freak injuries like leg breaks.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back