Preseason training 2014/15

Remove this Banner Ad

Just came across this story, if you read the comments below you will see the great Priddis debate has spread.
http://www.sportsfan.com.au/burning...ticle_burningquestionsfor2015westcoast_300115
LOL, true. Not a bad article IMO. Slew the midfield, and rightly so, I'm not going to put fuel on the Priddis debate.

This was interesting.. "Champion Data rate West Coast's list as the sixth-best in the competition in terms of quality, despite the fact the Eagles haven't had a winning season in two years." Makes one really scratch ones head! :p

Sportsfan is a joke of a website but that wasn't the worst article in the world.

Glad it ripped on not just our woeful midfield, but our development of midfielders, as well as our lack of size and pace.
Also shat on the fact we can't buy a regular western derby win.

Good to see Smotie and Eagle87 add their thoughts to the comments section too :thumbsu:

Sportsfan is a joke of a website but that wasn't the worst article in the world.

Glad it ripped on not just our woeful midfield, but our development of midfielders, as well as our lack of size and pace.

Good to see Smotie and Eagle87 add their thoughts to the comments section too :thumbsu:

Say what? :)

The only change that needs to happen with the fixtures is WA teams don't go to Tasmania.

I can't believe that both WA teams haven't put up more of a fight for this.
What's bullshit is that when the Kangaroos wanted to sell a game to us they weren't allowed to do it because it was too big an advantage to us. Hold up isn't that Norths decision not the AFL and other clubs? ???? They'd be guaranteed a sell out hence max profit, instead they could only sell it to blundstone and have to do it 3-5 times a year for most likely less peanuts.

What's bullshit is that when the Kangaroos wanted to sell a game to us they weren't allowed to do it because it was too big an advantage to us. Hold up isn't that Norths decision not the AFL and other clubs? ???? They'd be guaranteed a sell out hence max profit, instead they could only sell it to blundstone and have to do it 3-5 times a year for most likely less peanuts.

Hmm, nah that isn't really fair though.

Imagine you're going through a rebuilding phase, you could just sell off a game or two to interstate clubs to make some profit and it does give a massive advantage to the interstate team.

I certainly wouldn't like it if Freo were given an extra home game against a VIC team who sold it to them.

Opens the door to dodgy deal etc.

Imagine you're going through a rebuilding phase, you could just sell off a game or two to interstate clubs to make some profit and it does give a massive advantage to the interstate team.

I certainly wouldn't like it if Freo were given an extra home game against a VIC team who sold it to them.

Hows that different to Melbourne playing the Lions at the Gabba?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mmmm dunno - according to VIctORIa - travelling to wa is massive disadvantage - yet grannys at melbs - all good

No advantage either way

We need their marketing guy

How much do we think the travel actually effects the players week to week?? Surely they would get used to it. I agree it would definitely take it's toll over the years, as is proven by the fact Pav is the only WA based player to reach 300 games, but during the season is it really that big of a deal. I feel like it's something that's brought up when we are struggling, and not an issue when we are playing well.

Our interstate form has been better than our home form over the last few years.

As someone who flies between the east and west coast regularly, I can tell you that it effects me quite a bit. Not so much going from east to west, but more west to east with the time difference. With daylight savings it's even worse. 3 hours enough for jet lag and I usually always wake up feeling rooted the first two days after coming back from perth.

hah..I didn't comment but I'm sure Eagle87 is one of them.
I agree with most of the article though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back