Preview Pre-Season 2015 - Training, Pics etc

Remove this Banner Ad

Just looking through the pictures of the latest training session at Mansfield FC oval... there was some kid called Cameron Giles participating in the drills. Is he out of his moonboot yet?
Absolutely not saw him outside the Epworth last week moon boot still fitted and hobbling around

Yazz has done the same previously. IIRC, he strained his calf before the cats game last year and still managed to take the field the following week (albeit strapped up) and kicked a marvellous goal on the run leaving Varcoe in his dust :cool:

Yazz has done the same previously. IIRC, he strained his calf before the cats game last year and still managed to take the field the following week (albeit strapped up) and kicked a marvellous goal on the run leaving Varcoe in his dust :cool:

I expect to be ducking for cover very soon.

Classic case of a player wanting to lighten his training load. Too many "miraculous" recoveries. Hopefully they scanned it and told him
to get his a..e back on the track. Yarran is a brilliant player, he is a "tank" away from being a champion, but is reluctant to put in
enough to take the step. Would be a great wingman.

Would love to be wrong, but this old fella has been around along time, and pretty much seen all of the excuses from a lot of malingerers.

Classic case of a player wanting to lighten his training load. Too many "miraculous" recoveries. Hopefully they scanned it and told him
to get his a..e back on the track. Yarran is a brilliant player, he is a "tank" away from being a champion, but is reluctant to put in

Would love to be wrong, but this old fella has been around along time, and pretty much seen all of the excuses from a lot of malingerers.
An interesting take on it, and definitely plausible imo.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Waite, Garlett, Lucas and Yarran, for all their abilities found a way to somehow become invisible on the track.

Would love to see Yarran bust a gut as he's got nowhere near his ceiling yet and it won't come about for wishful thinking.

he is a "tank" away from being a champion, but is reluctant to put in

And this is what is holding him back from reaching that level IMO. Has the talent and skillset to make that transition. Just hasn't got the tank and fitness.

Shame because the addition of someone like Yazz to our midfield group would go a long way to elevating us to contender. Our current group (as it stands now) doesn't have enough class in there to be a top 4 threat.

Mick's been around a long time too. I'm sure he wouldn't put up with that, and in fact we've just heard over the last week that someone was cut last year because of their poor attitude towards training.

Mick's been around a long time too. I'm sure he wouldn't put up with that, and in fact we've just heard over the last week that someone was cut last year because of their poor attitude towards training.
In fairness I think training standards were probably the least of Mick's concerns when it came to Bootsma. :p

I hope you can answer my questions, not duck for cover.

Classic case of a player wanting to lighten his training load. Too many "miraculous" recoveries.
Can you give me any references to the so-called miraculous recoveries your insulting post relies on?

Hopefully they scanned it and told him to get his a..e back on the track.
Hopefully "they" undertook such diagnostic tests as might be helpful, yes, but equally hopefully they exercised sound medical judgment after a thorough medical examination and history from Yazz in respect of his complaint. I hope they took his complaint seriously because, in my experience, more damage is done to AFL footballers by ignoring their complaints of injury - leading to longer term complications and delayed recovery.

Yarran is a brilliant player, he is a "tank" away from being a champion, but is reluctant to put in enough to take the step. Would be a great wingman.
From the doco made of him and other aspiring young footballers it was quite plain Yarran recognised from the get go that sheer talent would not make him an AFL player. I have seen nothing to suggest any reluctance on his part and, again, invite you to particularise your insulting claim.

Would love to be wrong,
. . . apparently. Is it your special artform?:)

. . .but this old fella has been around along time, and pretty much seen all of the excuses from a lot of malingerers.
Ah, this is the source of your knowledge? Far be it for me to defend MM and staff but something tells me (actually most of the Carlton posters on bf most of the time, but that is another story) MM and staff run pretty enjoyable but competitive training sessions (Mansfield being one example) and not likely that players would want to avoid whether they were malingerers or not by nature - perhaps unlike the boring, malingering-inducing training sessions you have been a witness to.

Can you give me any references to the so-called miraculous recoveries your insulting post relies on?

Hopefully "they" undertook such diagnostic tests as might be helpful, yes, but equally hopefully they exercised sound medical judgment after a thorough medical examination and history from Yazz in respect of his complaint. I hope they took his complaint seriously because, in my experience, more damage is done to AFL footballers by ignoring their complaints of injury - leading to longer term complications and delayed recovery.

From the doco made of him and other aspiring young footballers it was quite plain Yarran recognised from the get go that sheer talent would not make him an AFL player. I have seen nothing to suggest any reluctance on his part and, again, invite you to particularise your insulting claim.

Ah, this is the source of your knowledge? Far be it for me to defend MM and staff but something tells me (actually most of the Carlton posters on bf most of the time, but that is another story) MM and staff run pretty enjoyable but competitive training sessions (Mansfield being one example) and not likely that players would want to avoid whether they were malingerers or not by nature - perhaps unlike the boring, malingering-inducing training sessions you have been a witness to.
Condescension, is that your special artform?

What a shithouse posting style.

So nice to see you have expanded your horizons Windy one. Thanks so much for the insults.

It would seem you have as much talent for blind irrational support as you do for unmitigated blind disdain.

Have a lovely day ;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back