manboob

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts The Cult of Robbo
Feb 11, 2009
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
#rompingwins
I'm sick of the other Mitch "the Inkman" Clark thread being hijacked by talk of a player who does not play for the club anymore.

So here is a new thread just for Mitch who "debuts" for Geelong this Sunday against the Suns.

He'll most likely start as a forward pairing with Tommy H and spending some time in the ruck as his fitness improves. Having played only 97 games let's hope there's plenty of miles left in the legs :)

Good luck Mitch and welcome to Geelong!

293872-bc980afc-540f-11e4-93c7-4eb49cbcec5b.jpg

Last edited:
What was your earlier question? If it is about Q9 I can't under pain of death. If it's about how many goals Mitch will kick I'm thinking 40-45. I think he will profit big time from being the second forward.

What was your earlier question? If it is about Q9 I can't under pain of death. If it's about how many goals Mitch will kick I'm thinking 40-45. I think he will profit big time from being the second forward.
I'll get my answer eventually. I'll wear you down, I'm like one of those kids who keeps asking "are we there yet" :D

If we assume our key 6 or 7 players hold form and escape serious injury this fellow has the chance to turn the side around.

Not that a year like last year was bad but it was difficult to watch. Even winning the 17 games provided little joy ( other than the solace of pocketing the 4 points and hope that things would crank up next week). Then the hope it would all come together in September proved false.

Exposed form shows that Clark has it . IT being highest quality presence up forward. I am confident that he can get on the park and once there will have a big impact. Even having Clark up the pointy end will reduce the need for Simpson or MacIntosh to run hard forward to provide the second tall target. Clark may even mix things up by taking hit outs up forward. In itself that will help the rucks run out the game.

Fingers crossed but Mitch is just one of three or four things that could allow the team to recover some of its flair.

Well worth the punt.

i dream about mitch when i sleep

could he be the 2nd savior along with tommy? heyzues mk2?

that second forward? the twin colossals? the wall of jericho? the dynamic duo? twin towers? is 37.17 (239) in danger?

forget about the debut about cockatoo collins or blood and gore or george jansen
this guy is the one

I developed a real soft spot for Clark after reading he chose Geelong over higher offers from rival clubs due to lifestyle reasons. Fingers crossed he's flourishing in regard to his mental (and physical) health at the club.

Am really looking forward to his debut. Great size, and at his best, great skills both in the air and at ground level.

The prospect of our forward line including Clark, in particular these two playing along side one another is quite exciting...:thumbsu:
285021-8209641e-7f6e-11e4-b100-1c48041bb743.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just need them both to stay on the field all season and if the boys can kick in their general area quite well, we should do alright...
Add in some Stevie J & maybe a bit of Cocky.
damn Yeah!!

Don't forget Motlop and Menzel. :)

Be great no doubt, and I have high hopes for Clark, if he stays fit reckon he'll be a more then handy acquisition, but I suspect the Swans were drooling last year at the thought of two power forwards and look how that turned out.
apart from the last game it worked pretty bloody well to be honest... and I reckon they will still be bloody dangerous.

Lets just hope we are more dangerous :D

I've been a critic, not about what Mitch can do but more so his lack of running out a season without some kind of interruption on the injury-front. I'm very nervous for him. I know he must play in order to get back to full match fitness but maybe wrap him up in cotton wool during periods of the season just so he is there when we truly need him most?

Would so love to see him out there in September along with a genuine ruckman. We haven't had that combination for a couple of years. Just imagine if we have a healthy Simpson with Stanley the backup ruckman and then a forward line combination consisting of Hawkins, Kersten, Clark, Walker, plus Murdoch, Motlop, Lang (or Blease/Menzel/Cockatoo) buzzing around their feet :)
I would love to see him out there AS our genuine ruckman

I think his injury history will stop that from happening though

apart from the last game it worked pretty bloody well to be honest... and I reckon they will still be bloody dangerous.

True, it's that last game that counts though, all the rest is pointless in the long run.

As Bobby says, if we can enter September with a fit Clark and Simpson we'll be in better shape then we have for some time at the business end of the season, I'm one who believes we have the players that can take us all the way, the trick is getting them all on the park when most needed.

Prediction: Mitch will be managed throughout the season, playing 12-15 games with Walker filling in the role when he is rested. Great opportunity to develop Josh and get him some solid game time. If he can kick 30+ goals alongside Hawkins I'd be stoked. Can't wait to see him tomorrow.

I hope he does well, but considering he's never kicked 30+ goals yet in a season when fuilly fit and firing, the expectations for this year are low. But if he can manage to take a key defender away from Tommy, then that will be just what we need. Wouldn't be surprised to see Tommy kick 100 this year.

Worth also remembering Clark is just about finishing his first pre-season since 2011 - naturally, Dees pre-seasons don't count. :D

I remember when Clark debuted in round 1 2006 against us, and thinking he was a pretty ballsy kid to go the jumper punch on Mooney. Cats trounced them, and we all had that false sense of impending success that Hawthorn so graciously cured in round 3. Hopefully he still has that fire in the belly, and marriage and meds haven't dulled him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back