Injury Injury thread 2014/15

Remove this Banner Ad

Emac is a huge out. I just hope he can recapture his best in 2016. I am scared it might be a little like Jakovich though where he can't quite recapture that form.

Four NAB games and 2 ACLs :(

Who did the other?

Oh yeah Petracca

Last edited:

In the long run having Emac out and Darling injured strengthens the squad. McInnes Lamb potentially get opportunities. This year finals look more difficult without our best lockdown defender. Darling without a preseason is less likely to set the world on fire when he comes back which doesn't help either.

I cringed and knew emac had done his acl when i saw the replay of him on the floor. Im only just running after 7 months post op my acl recon , its gonna be a hard road back for the bloke.

I said before science needs to figure out how to to strengthen the knee to stop ACLs
We have the ability to repair the acl with out reconstructive surgery now , however limited trials and ethics have road blocked the innovation =(. Also the acl is one of the weakest ligaments in the body , making it extremly hard to protect.

I said before science needs to figure out how to to strengthen the knee to stop ACLs
I was thinking earlier why knees aren't strapped as a standard preventative measure in the same way ankles are. It's not uncommon to see a knee strapped when a player returns from a knee injury so the strapping must do something but you don't ever see players with their knees strapped

Obviously there is a reason it doesn't happen as I'm sure I'm not the first person to think of it but ****ed if I know why nobody does it or why it doesnt work

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I remember when Glass, relatively early on in his career, missed most of one season and we had to play Carroll as FB, everyone suddenly realised how good Glassy actually was when Carroll was being mauled every week.

In a perverse way, this will be the season people (mainly opp supporters) realise how good Mackenzie actually is.

The difference this year though in McGovern, Brown and Schofield are all better than Carroll.

Carroll was a WAFL player and never came close to making it at the highest level. At least the three talls we still have down back a better than half decent and McGovern could end up in the elite category.

Last edited:
really sorry to hear of this news. Was praying it was nothing sinister but gutted he's gone for the season. One of my favourite players. Had you guys making the eight so not exactly sure how much this impacts your teams chances. I don't know any of the younger blokes to get game time in Mackenzie's spot but as ridiculous as it sounds, you can occasionally find a future player under these circumstances and hopefully someone fills the void and does much better than previously anticipated.

I wonder what happened to blokes who did their ACLs during prehistoric times. A raptor just went trololol and ate them presumably?

John Todd was a good example of this, won a Sandover at 17, did his knee at 18. The surgery to fix an ACL didn't exist back then so he played on with it busted and in a knee brace.

I wonder what happened to blokes who did their ACLs during prehistoric times. A raptor just went trololol and ate them presumably?
Raptors went extinct 60 million years before cavemen came along. It would have been a sabre-tooth. The end result would have been similar I would imagine - unless the sabre tooth also happened to do a hammy or had OP.

Raptors went extinct 60 million years before cavemen came along. It would have been a sabre-tooth. The end result would have been similar I would imagine - unless the sabre tooth also happened to do a hammy or had OP.

Nah the bigger risk on sabre-tooths was a poor pre-season. Sometimes they'd just not put in the hard yards and get sent back to the twos to chase early tetrapods and such.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back