Injury Injury thread 2014/15

Remove this Banner Ad

2016 = the return of the wings and the return of the Emac
Would be jizzworthy to see Emac announced fit and ready for 2016 at the same time they unveil the new jumper - Eric adorned in glorious full navy

This season is surely dead. Can't see how we can win enough games with Brown as our #1 key defender, let alone with Emac as well. Hopefully Gov can handle the job as the 1st/2nd KPD, hope that his fitness is much better than last year and can keep up with the key forwards. Hope that McInnes get a gig every week in defence for EP.

I was thinking earlier why knees aren't strapped as a standard preventative measure in the same way ankles are. It's not uncommon to see a knee strapped when a player returns from a knee injury so the strapping must do something but you don't ever see players with their knees strapped

Obviously there is a reason it doesn't happen as I'm sure I'm not the first person to think of it but stuffed if I know why nobody does it or why it doesnt work
Tend to only use knee braces or strappings on people that already have knee issues esp patella dislocation. Strapping a good knee can create a reliance on it thus actually weakening the structure of the knee. Although you could avoid that with physio and knee exercises should be trialled I reckon esp given the high amount of knee injuries in afl

Sorry to hear about MacKenzie guys, gutting that both our clubs have lost arguably our most important players in a space of two days. Hopefully you guys uncover another KPP talent from the hole Eric will be leaving this year though. McGovern looks to be a gun already surely another will pop up and do a job.

This season is surely dead. Can't see how we can win enough games with Brown as our #1 key defender, let alone with Emac as well. Hopefully Gov can handle the job as the 1st/2nd KPD, hope that his fitness is much better than last year and can keep up with the key forwards. Hope that McInnes get a gig every week in defence for EP.

i9yti.jpg

Things have really gone awry when Dark Sharks is the positive one

That's right, call me Obeanie1 fanboy extraordinaire ;)

Not but really, i'm not freaking out over Emac because i honestly don't think it's going to affect where we finish all that much anyway.

Even without him i feel we can still bully the s**t teams, coin toss against the other mid range teams and lose to the top teams to finish 8-13th regardless.

Plus now Brown is a somebody. People didn't want anything to do with him before, but now he's 'Mr Sex', and going to have a huge season.

That's right, call me Obeanie1 fanboy extraordinaire ;)

Not but really, i'm not freaking out over Emac because i honestly don't think it's going to affect where we finish all that much anyway.

Even without him i feel we can still bully the s**t teams, coin toss against the other mid range teams and lose to the top teams to finish 8-13th regardless.

Plus now Brown is a somebody. People didn't want anything to do with him before, but now he's 'Mr Sex', and going to have a huge season.
If we were to have an injury to a quality player then a key position defender is where we have the best coverage.

When Darling is fit again we would have had trouble fitting all our quality talls in the team.

As much as it reeks of tanking, if we aren't a premiership contender, it is probably not a bad thing to force Brown to step up as well as give Barrass a taste here and there for his development.

My concern with Mackenzie isn't that it'll affect this season, but that he might not ever be the same player in future seasons

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As much as it reeks of tanking, if we aren't a premiership contender, it is probably not a bad thing to force Brown to step up as well as give Barrass a taste here and there for his development.

My concern with Mackenzie isn't that it'll affect this season, but that he might not ever be the same player in future seasons
It can not be tanking in any way - there are no other options.

While it is terrible for Eric, this is the best time to have such an injury (if there can be such a time) - plenty of time for rehab and the next pre season, all going well. The club also has tome time to test options prior to round 1

[QUOTE="SpaceClef, post: 37259401, member:
My concern with Mackenzie isn't that it'll affect this season, but that he might not ever be the same player in future seasons[/QUOTE]
This is my exact concern

WCE still looking good for mine. Brown massively improved with confidence last year...he can do it. The young talent exciting me about WCE.

WCE 3RD TO 6TH FINISHERS 2015.

Surely it's not all over. Not saying that we are on the same level as Port but they have no stand out defender and they a up there to win a premiership. it's not the be all end all.

Surely it's not all over. Not saying that we are on the same level as Port but they have no stand out defender and they a up there to win a premiership. it's not the be all end all.

Not on Emac's level but maybe Carlile? I totally agree with your point though, if people are saying its season over because of one man going down, then we were never a chance of anything to begin with IMO.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back