Fantasy Empire 2015 - Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Pretty confident having Manning as non-exclusive, I doubt anyone is willing to offer the man a 3-5 year contract :cool:

AND...be forced to give you a 1st round pick as well if they bid on him and you didn't match (let them have manning).

Adds a wrinkle of strategy to who to choose for the Franchise Tag, and which type of tag you want to choose.

Keep Manning FOR SURE for 1 year, but at 1.8 times his salary (which would be astronomical). Or take a punt that no one will make a bid on his non-exclusivity. If anyone does bid, and you match, then you MUST give Manning a 3-5 year contract at his raw 2015 salary. But if no one makes a bid on him, you get to keep him for only 1.4 times his salary (still ends up $10m) for just 1 year.

But no one can play shenanigans, bidding for the sake of, just to try to force you to match their offer and be forced to give Manning 3-5 years yourself -- because THEY would HAVE TO give up their 1st round pick to you AND cop Manning's raw salary at 3-5 years if they do make a bid and you decide not to match.

Everyone is protected from shenanigans. Only someone genuine/serious would make a bid, knowing it would cost them a 1st round pick and cop a salary burden for 3-5 years to do so.

If anyone wants to bid on Manning, then be my guest. It means I won't compete this year, just brings my rebuild forward a year.

Why would anyone give him a 3 year deal?

Ok i will get in early, subject to change until the 31 March i will give :

Hall Of Famers

Cameron Wake DE - 3 year extension tag
Tom Brady QB - Franchise Tag - NON exclusive
Agreed.

:p

Next year though when all the rookies drop....
We have a 6 round rookie draft each year, so on average most teams will be signing 6 rookies. Sort of sucks we can only guarantee a contract to one of them. And that's only if we have no other worthy players coming out of contract as well. In hindsight, it would've been better to stagger contracts on all gun players when the league first started, rather than give 5 years.

That said, I almost entirely traded out of last draft, so that year will be sweet for me!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back