Review NAB CHALLENGE rd 2. GC v GWS @ Blacktown

Remove this Banner Ad

FYI guys:

Non-televised NAB Challenge matches available online

Responding to AFL supporters’ desire to access live coverage of all 27 NAB Challenge matches, the AFL today announced that live online streaming of six non-televised NAB Challenge matches would be available via competing club websites and club apps following extensive work to repurpose AFL Media resources at six venues around the country.

For those six matches, AFL Media vision will be used in conjunction with Croc Media radio commentary to provide live online full match streams.

Customary match centre statistics, live radio commentary streams, post-match media conferences and in-match highlights for all 27 NAB Challenge matches will continue to be available throughout the NAB Challenge series via www.afl.com.au and the Official AFL App.

AFL General Manger of Broadcasting, Scheduling and Major Projects, Simon Lethlean said the decision to live stream non-televised matches was made following significant work with AFL Media to augment the highlights-packaging resources already allocated to those six matches.

“We’ve listened to the concerns of those supporters who don’t want to miss a minute of their club competing in this year’s NAB Challenge which is why we’re pleased to have overcome a number of significant hurdles to ensure every fan has the opportunity to watch their team compete in every NAB Challenge match,” Mr Lethlean said.

“This year we have worked with our broadcast partner Fox Footy to expand NAB Challenge live coverage from 18 to 21 games and we have also increased the number of NAB Challenge matches played in regional and suburban communities around Australia.

“As a result we have encountered some significant logistical, technical and signal delivery issues at some venues but through a great deal of work with AFL Media we’ve been able to repurpose resources originally slated to produce match highlights to provide live streaming from those venues for the respective club websites and apps.

“While there may still be some technical issues in the delivery of these matches we are satisfied that being able to provide a live stream of these six matches to competing club websites and club apps will please those supporters’ wanting to follow their clubs’ progress across all 27 matches of the NAB Challenge.”

Live online streaming via competing club websites and apps will be available for the following 2015 NAB Challenge fixtures:

- Brisbane v St Kilda, Moreton Bay Central Sports Complex, Saturday February 28 at 3.10pm EST
- Adelaide v North Melbourne, Centenary Oval, Sunday March 1 at 4.10pm CDT
- GWS v Gold Coast, Spotless Stadium, Saturday March 7 at 4.10pm EDT
- Port Adelaide v West Coast, Norwood Oval, Sunday March 8 at 4.10pm CDT
- Western Bulldogs v Melbourne, Eureka Stadium, Saturday March 14 at 4.10pm EDT
- Sydney v Fremantle, Drummoyne Oval, Sunday March 15 at 1.10pm EDT

Ends

Changes for the Giants?

I believe Rocket confirmed that these guys would all come in:

Martin, Lemmens, Russell, Nicholls and 'someone else'. Boston maybe?

Who goes out?

Given that Garlett and Harbrow ran around in the indigenous games, I would say both would be rested.

I would say these would all be out:

Garlett (rest), Harbrow (rest), Brooksby (omit), Schade (inj), Herbert (omit).

Not taking into account injuries/rests (i've got no idea whos on our injury list at the moment), i'd like to see the following have a run, on top of what Sunny said.

Glenn - Was the most hyped out of all our rookie picks, which is exciting considering how good Saad was. (our half-back line is going to be ridiculous this year looking at the depth.)

Wright - If the giants decide to ease their better players into the season, i would love to see wright support Lynch, Day, or Dixon up forward. Just don't have him as our only big, or partnered by Hall/Brooksby.

Nicholls - After Smiths effort last game, the pressure is on for Nicholls to perform if he wants to be no.1 ruck.It will be a good battle between the 2 of them throughout the season (fingers crossed for no injuries for once).

I'm a bit annoyed that this isn't on Fox Footy, because I'll be at work - but hopefully work won't be busy and I can watch it on my iPad :p

I'm not too concerned about this game. I'd like to see Glenn play, and I'd like to see Miller and Saad again. Gorringe and Shaw need some more game time to test their skills, Boston needs a run in the front line, and I'd personally like to see Wright given a go up front for a little bit.

I don't think Herbert is even up to preseason level, let alone AFL level, and should be omitted. I wouldn't be against Josh Hall getting another go against GWS, or even Brooksby for that matter.

I'm just ready for round 1 :(

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hi Guys. Sorry for the intrusion. This is a SC/DT question but I couldn't find a thread on your forum. Is there room on your list for a rookie upgrade prior to round 1 or will it need a long term injury for that to happen? (asking specifically re Adam Saad).

Would be good if there were a thread for SC/DT questions. (apologies if there already is one but I couldn't find it).

Hi Guys. Sorry for the intrusion. This is a SC/DT question but I couldn't find a thread on your forum. Is there room on your list for a rookie upgrade prior to round 1 or will it need a long term injury for that to happen? (asking specifically re Adam Saad).

Would be good if there were a thread for SC/DT questions. (apologies if there already is one but I couldn't find it).
Hey mate! I'm out at the moment so I can't double check, but from memory we had two extra senior positions after our delistings, but upgraded two of our rookies at the end of last year, meaning that we'd need a long-term injury for Saad to be upgraded.

We have 38 senior listed players, which is in line with AFL guidelines as per 2015 (had to drop from 40 to 38 at the end of last season).

I think so, but I'm also unsure if he's already on there as the promoted rookie. Like I said, so confusing.

I think because we cant have any on our veterans list , we can have a few chosen rookies , could be wrong though.

Article.
Jack Martin and Sean Lemmens (both rested against the Cats), along with Tom Nicholls, Luke Russell and rookie Josh Glenn, are expected to make their 2015 debut against Greater Western Sydney on Saturday.

Resting Martin is a good idea. He come across to me as a bit brittle. I know he is a hard bugger and rips in defence. But id like to see a few more pounds round his structure before he becomes a regular. Another superstar. Another kid hero magnet.

With so many well chosen, exciting young athletes, GCS are going to win the hearts and minds of the GC over the next few years and become the most successful sporting franchise ever on the GC . (although the bar isn't that high)

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back