2015 Membership Thread - 70,000 MEMBERS! WE BROKE LAST YEARS RECORD!! ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Remove this Banner Ad

You can get a sense of how big the turn out was in this instagram post. Also good to see Rance lead everyone for the song. He's got real pride in his love for the club.

I can't wait until in 15 years he becomes one of our heralded heroes that had real passion for the club ala Flea, Disco, Richo, etc.

Carlton are closer to the expansion teams in GWS/GC than the truly big teams in Richmond/Collingwood/Hawks. Reality for them is they are on equal footing to North Melbourne, but with far less of an identity.

BTW - Special LOL from that article above that said Carlton fans are disillusioned with the club's lack of identity due to a culture of trying to "buy" success :D:D:D

"We have no identity, we try to buy success"
- their own fans.
Well really that is their identity - they buy success. Carlton have long been known for spending a dollar. It may not be an identity they maybe like now but that is who they have been. As much as I hate saying it - once upon a time it worked for them but it appears they have now possibly disenfranchised their own

As much as it is fun to lol the blues, remember Richmond 2010 - 36,000 members (at final count). We should not forget where we have come from.

I can't wait until in 15 years he becomes one of our heralded heroes that had real passion for the club ala Flea, Disco, Richo, etc.

I fear that the bigbsalary in sport is killing this kind of character at football clubs. Not saying it is impossible but back in the day it was a love of the club even when they were not paying you enough to settle mortgages on 3 of you houses.
Not saying they don't deserve it but there is a down side (or cynical side).

Carlton are closer to the expansion teams in GWS/GC than the truly big teams in Richmond/Collingwood/Hawks. Reality for them is they are on equal footing to North Melbourne, but with far less of an identity.

BTW - Special LOL from that article above that said Carlton fans are disillusioned with the club's lack of identity due to a culture of trying to "buy" success :D:D:D

"We have no identity, we try to buy success"
- their own fans.

Don't disagree with any of this except for one point, and that's including the Hawks in the same league as Richmond and Collingwood. 10,000 Tasmanians (which either the Tigers or the Magpies could easily surpass if they sold four home matches there), their inclusion of four kids in their family memberships instead of the standard two and of course winning the last two premierships. A perfect storm of maximising membership, it's hard to imagine them having that much growth left in them. And short of them selling another four home games, perhaps to Canberra (and again what legitimately big Melbourne club would sell four home matches interstate - that's North Melbourne territory?) they are pretty well running at full capacity. This is as good it will ever get for them.

If we were to win two premierships in a row however we'd really show what a truly big team is (80 thousand plus membership no problem) Hawthorn would be absolutely dwarfed. Personally I think both Carlton and Hawthorn have comparable levels of support as mid-tier clubs (I'd throw in Geelong in the group), with Carlton still slightly edging them out.

Don't disagree with any of this except for one point, and that's including the Hawks in the same league as Richmond and Collingwood. 10,000 Tasmanians (which either the Tigers or the Magpies could easily surpass if they sold four home matches there), their inclusion of four kids in their family memberships instead of the standard two and of course winning the last two premierships. A perfect storm of maximising membership, it's hard to imagine them having that much growth left in them. And short of them selling another four home games, perhaps to Canberra (and again what legitimately big Melbourne club would sell four home matches interstate - that's North Melbourne territory?) they are pretty well running at full capacity. This is as good it will ever get for them.

If we were to win two premierships in a row however we'd really show what a truly big team is (80 thousand plus membership no problem) Hawthorn would be absolutely dwarfed. Personally I think both Carlton and Hawthorn have comparable levels of support as mid-tier clubs (I'd throw in Geelong in the group), with Carlton still slightly edging them out.

Make a prelim and we would get 80,00
Win a granny or 2 - 95k + for christ sake we would need to put the opposition supporters down at punt road oval with a screen

As Carlton's fans continue to give the club the cold shoulder, it has turned to the AFL for help with its 2015 membership drive – a campaign the new CEO concedes was mismanaged around Christmas and has since been partly outsourced.

Unwilling – just four weeks from the Blues' season-opening blockbuster against Richmond – to set a member target for this year, club boss Steven Trigg said his concern about what was "clearly a major challenge for us" led him to seek AFL assistance in January.

This followed Trigg learning that for a period last December Carlton did not have enough people working on membership – a scenario that saw the club miss phone calls and lose renewals through a problematic website.

http://www.canberratimes.com.au/afl...-membership-drive-stalls-20150304-13v99e.html

Should've extended the price freeze another week so that we could pass the pies :oops:

7B55C28D-22B5-4EB3-AB74-838DD09FF00D_1.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As Carlton's fans continue to give the club the cold shoulder, it has turned to the AFL for help with its 2015 membership drive – a campaign the new CEO concedes was mismanaged around Christmas and has since been partly outsourced.

Unwilling – just four weeks from the Blues' season-opening blockbuster against Richmond – to set a member target for this year, club boss Steven Trigg said his concern about what was "clearly a major challenge for us" led him to seek AFL assistance in January.

This followed Trigg learning that for a period last December Carlton did not have enough people working on membership – a scenario that saw the club miss phone calls and lose renewals through a problematic website.

http://www.canberratimes.com.au/afl...-membership-drive-stalls-20150304-13v99e.html

Did anyone else hear KB's take on this very topic this morning? I reckon he was smiling ear to ear as he was talking ;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back