News Thomas and Keefe - 2 year ban - Trade, De-List, Rookie

Remove this Banner Ad

So you have found then guilty already. How about we let the process run its course before we get the Hangman.

This is a discussion forum mate and I am just trying to get my head around how this could have happened. Like everyone else I hope the B sample is negative.

Just out of curiosity if they test positive and are delisted can we upgrade 2rookies or contract 2 other players?

So if Thomas and Keefe claim the only thing they can think of that would explain this would be getting it from meat what would they have to do to prove innocence?
Surely they can write up a listing of all the places they ate out.
I didn't like the Collingwood presser. They wanted to shift blame away from the club instead of defending the boys.
I don't usually reply to interlopers but...
The club had to distance themselves as you call it and ensure this is an isolated incident and not of the club's doing.
Otherwise every nuff nuff alive will say it's rife and blah blah blah.
By comparison your club has chosen to prolong the players' agony with this protracted defence of their own, (the club that is) actions.
Personally I prefer my club's stance.
You commented, I replied, no need for any further correspondence to be entered into.

Last edited:
I thought when you use performance i handing
Robbo on 360 just says he doesnt know if he can believe thomas and keefe, oh but he can believe golden boy james hird after all the evidence is against him
robbo makes me so angry! Worst jerno in the world

They just said on 360 that both players were room mates during the NZ trip. So something is very fishy here.

Maybe they were sharing the same beef jerky.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Far out - I'm not trawling through 25 pages.

If you're wondering what the drug clenbuterol is, I'll brief you: It's a bronchodilator, which is basically the same as what's in an asthma puffer. However this particular version is made for race horses. The side effects are increased heart rate which aids in burning fat. It also promotes the use of stored fat to use as fuel rather than carbohydrates or glycogen stores. Those two side effects work in tandem to create a pretty potent fat burner for the human body, and therefore in sport, it's used as a fat burner rather than a bronchodilator. Been illegal for a very long time.

If you're wondering why the would want to take it: It's pretty simple. They wanted to reduce their skin folds quicker. With clenbuterol, you can effectively do the same amount of work but burn more calories, thanks to the increased heart rate and fat use, as mentioned above.

If you're wondering why they thought they could get away with it: I'm sorry but I don't have that answer for you. It's been illegal for a very long time. You can only source it through drug dealers and veterinarians. I'm willing to bet they got their clen from someone very dodgy.

If you're wondering what they should have taken: There are so many legal supplements they could have bought over the counter to aid in fat loss. Heck, I'd even go as far as taking a caffeine supplement the morning of skin fold testing. It will reduce water weight and help you come in leaner for your test.

I don't know what they were thinking, but they've got to go. They've sorely disappointed me and they've let the entire extended family of the Collingwood Football Club down. Good riddance to them both.

For the record, they didn't eat contaminated meat. Clenbuterol doesn't work like that. If they get off citing that, I'll be incredibly surprised.
Good post. Can you expand on your last point (bolded)?

I didn't like the Collingwood presser. They wanted to shift blame away from the club instead of defending the boys.
WTF do you want the club to do? You can't go align yourself with this sort of behaviour, its the worst thing a sportsperson can do. By supporting them the club would be basically saying "We support players taking PED's". Has the last 26 months taught you nothing??

I'm not an expert on the subject but re: sample A vs sample B. It's actually very possible to test a sample more than once, you'll be surprised how little blood is actually needed to complete some blood tests. Obviously I don't know the in's and out's of ASADA's testing and analysis protocols but if I was to guess, they'd take enough blood so that they could re-test sample A on more than one occasion. As I said, it's only a guess based off knowing that you don't need a full tube of blood to complete blood tests but I imagine it's very possible, more likely probable, that sample A tested positive on more than one occasion. Doesn't necessarily mean that sample B won't come up negative but as others have said, the odds of sample A coming positive and sample B negative is very very low and part of that would be that the testing for sample A is very stringent.

Well spoken from bucks on 360. I'm not a fan of him but the way he spoke about the 2 players still being part of the club is massive.

Time for the Pies to stop recruiting Queenslanders? Beams, Keeffe and Thomas haven't done the club any favours this off season. Jesse White has been pretty averaged for the club as well.

Boredom, for shits and giggles or perhaps to keep ASADA on their toes. Probably a combination of these. You pose some real probing questions.

It's all shits and giggles until someone giggles and then shits...

Feel devastated for the two young men involved and will wait until more information comes to hand before making further comment.

Time for the Pies to stop recruiting Queenslanders? Beams, Keeffe and Thomas haven't done the club any favours this off season. Jesse White has been pretty averaged for the club as well.

Good plan...

Hate to say it does not sound great for Thomas and Keeffe.

Why go to Lawyers before going to the Club?
That was actually very smart of them.

People do themselves no favours with the crap they say unintentionally.

I think the AFL and its wider community including us supporters needs to be at one with this. We all need to say that it's simply unacceptable and won't be tolerated. Like I said earlier quoting the new Chief of Army - "The standard you walk past is the standard you choose to accept" we all define the standards.

Essendon supporters can argue all they want until they're black and blue in the face, call it what you will but for me there's a definite line in the sand.
Agreed. Thanks for putting it so eloquently but for me I am not ever going to knowingly pay a membership to a club that sanctions/turns a blind eye/includes drug cheats. It is the beginning of the end of our great game if so.

I do feel for what these players are going through but if they're found guilty delist and we move on.

Gutted though as really liked these boys.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back