News Thomas and Keefe - 2 year ban - Trade, De-List, Rookie

Remove this Banner Ad

Rather than just using it as a pure cutting agent, there's also the possibility that something like Clenbuterol could actually be used to enhance the effects of cocaine.
(I have no idea, just taking a stab at it).
---

I also heard Hardie talking about it on 6pr - just being very evasive... and a scenario like the above would fit - as if the players do report that to the AFL (and ASADA), then, under the AFL system, that particular information would have to be kept confidential.

For these two as individuals, and the club, that is probably the best scenario short of the B sample being negative. Probably a lot easier to come clean to coke use and cop the consequences of that. (however, as their lawyers would probably be advising them at the moment - not sure much how much that would save them against ASADA, as they have still ingested a PED).

However being devil's advocate - there are probably a number of other possible scenarios in which the media would not be allowed to speculate on. (such as if there is a current criminal investigation, or some other, so far unproven, allegations against these guys).

Yep, listening to 6pr and the scenario he is being evasive about seems to be clen as a cutting agent.

it makes sense, unwittingly taking it seems to be a real possibility, ....... talk about unlucky, but you play with fire you get burnt.

Hmmmm. I'm thinking get back from NZ on Saturday. Have Sunday off before Monday training. Get on the wizz Saturday night. Get tested on Monday.

Clen is a cutting agent for cocaine....yes?

It just does't look good for the lads.

Cutting Cocaine with Clen wouldn't be good for business, you'd be killing a lot of your clients. The Ephedrine aspect of Clen combined with Cocaine is a fast way to a heart attack.

The "fitness" product you may be thinking of that is used to cut Cocaine is Creatine.

It has a very similar feel to Cocaine, doesn't make people sick like powdered milks, no odour like baby poweder and doesn't reduce the yellow colouring as much as other cutters when light is shone through the cut powder (a common strength test)

Rather than just using it as a pure cutting agent, there's also the possibility that something like Clenbuterol could actually be used to enhance the effects of cocaine.
(I have no idea, just taking a stab at it).
---

That's what I referred to above as a "stack". If they are found to have taken coke and clen together then it would be hard to argue (as I've been saying) that the clen was a cutting/watering down agent. It would make some sense as a combo to lose weight (if you're stupid and want a heart attack) and therefore the idea that they'll win that argument is extremely low.

Sadly I think they're stuffed unless some amazing story develops regarding taking it unknowingly via some other means.

I'm no expert on illicit drug use (although I do have a pharmacy degree) but I think some people are confusing the meaning of "cutting drug.". There is no logical reason that I'm aware of that would lead anyone to use clen to cut cocaine. In a bodybuilding/sport sense the use of clen as a "cutting drug" relates to getting "cut" (lean).

I'm happy to be proven wrong as it'll likely be a better outcome for the boys , but I doubt it.
I might know a thing or two about cocaine and if I did I would say that you are right. I would guess that novocaine would be the drug used to cut something like cocaine with and not clenbuterol. I'm only guessing though. :D

I might know a thing or two about cocaine and if I did I would say that you are right. I would guess that novocaine would be the drug used to cut something like cocaine with and not clenbuterol. I'm only guessing though. :D

Cutting Cocaine with another drug isn't really the idea though....People don't cut the drug to make it more potent, they cut it with a cheaper substance to make more money.

Buy 10 grams of coke at whatever price. Cut it with 10 grams of creatine/lactose/baking soda etc. and then sell for the same price per gram you paid and you make 100% profit.

Clen and most other drugs are expensive, whether on a prescription or dodgy.

I really can't see them taking Clen in this way, personally i think they've just taken it A: Recreationally for the ephedrine aspect of it, or B: In some paranaoid freak out over skin folds.

Maybe we should lock this for a little bit @mods. No developments for a while anyway.

Looks like the players area going down the 'steak' route

From HS

As theories swirled around how the drug got into the players’ systems, sources close to the pair told the Herald Sun an investigation would be launched into whether contaminated steak was to blame.

But the club on Monday night conceded the pair faced an almost impossible task of justifying why they tested positive, and it was sceptical about the steak explanation.

Keeffe and Thomas face maximum four-year bans if found guilty of using performance-enhancing drugs, because on January 1 the AFL adopted a stricter WADA code.

The Pies would be forced to sack the former housemates, who roomed together in New Zealand, if long suspensions are confirmed.
Honestly, there will be so much speculation over the next little while that we will get sick of "sources close to" and "It is believed" etc etc. I think I'll just wait until I hear, "Gary Pert of the Collingwood FC stated........." The rest is just bulldust.

Clenbuterol

Is used to burn off fat and to build lean muscle, thus it is sometimes referred to as a 'cutting' supplement as it cuts the body fat down.

For example, when a body builder wants to build up mass he will do heavy weights, short reps and take loads of proteins and aminos.
When he has built up his muscle mass and then needs to burn or cut all the fat from his body to get ready for a show, he will go on a cutting program,
lower weight, more reps and take supps like this one to burn the fat and tone his body to prepare for competition.
The drug increases the heart rate, the metabolism and the result is the body burns fat much faster, leaving the body builder, toned, ripped or, cut.

If these boys are guilty, what a way to throw a career away. We need to await the result of the second sample tested but if they cannot explain how this came about, I just cannot see how they could escape ASADA/WADA sanctions and more importantly termination from the club.

I hope these boys have been wrongfully accused here for their sakes.

Cocaine theory makes sense, players would've had a few days off after coming back from training camp. Last chance to have a loose night before the season starts.

Also makes sense why the club wanted to name them and the very vague nature of Pert's answers, ridiculous to believe that Pert didn't ask how did this happen.

If it's true they'd be better off admitting it was in some illicit drugs. Being a drug cheat for performance is a lot worse than just be a recreational drug user. Just ask the AFL

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cocaine theory makes sense, players would've had a few days off after coming back from training camp. Last chance to have a loose night before the season starts.

If it's true they'd be better off admitting it was in some illicit drugs. Being a drug cheat for performance is a lot worse than just be a recreational drug user. Just ask the AFL
They have tested positive of the performance drug. Maybe they dont want to get done for coke as well.

Not wanting to sound like an old do gooder or anything, but worrying just how much "knowledge" there is on here regarding drugs. It's probably my biggest fear for my 2 young kids growing up and to hear what it seems like is pretty widespread in the community doesn't fill me with much confidence.

I respect others life choices but when it affects mine or my kids/family and friends I have issues.

Not wanting to sound like an old do gooder or anything, but worrying just how much "knowledge" there is on here regarding drugs. It's probably my biggest fear for my 2 young kids growing up and to hear what it seems like is pretty widespread in the community doesn't fill me with much confidence.

I respect others life choices but when it affects mine or my kids/family and friends I have issues.
Drugs, especially ICE mixed with steroids, are my biggest worry with society. I love a drink but i fear going out out getting a bit pissed these days. I dont fight and i walk away from any trouble but i worry

You don't accidentally take clen.

You do if you're a bodybuilder and getting home from a night on he b

unfortunately, drugs of all types are rife in today's society. World is a far different place from just 10-15 short years ago..

They have tested positive of the performance drug. Maybe they dont want to get done for coke as well.
They may well go down regardless. I know if it was me I'd rather admit to taking cocaine which may have been tainted, rather than be known as a deliberate cheat. If that is how it happened. I've never believed these tainted meat, someone spiked my toothpast type stories. No reason to start now. So there needs to be a believable explanation imo

Australia has issues with drugs and alcohol. We like to think we don't, but we do. I love a beer as much as anyone, but something is wrong with the way we operate at times.

They may well go down regardless. I know if it was me I'd rather admit to taking cocaine which may have been tainted, rather than be known as a deliberate cheat. If that is how it happened. I've never believed these tainted meat, someone spiked my toothpast type stories. No reason to start now. So there needs to be a believable explanation imo
As much as we spin it, the coke defence is the worst.

Surely if there meat was tainted it wouldn't be to hard to trace. They have stated they ate steak in New Zealand and surely we can find the supplier or the meat and find out if he/she ever uses it on the cattle.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back