Yarran gone for weeks

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah totally, all 1 of them.

I really missed a trick in my post not denoting that 1 brave soul dared to speak against it. The fact that a disgusting suggestion like that only attracted the ire of one poster in the thread and still remains unmoderated is a testament to the decency (or lack thereof) of the common Carlton supporter.
Did you ignore all of the supporters who are saying that what Yarran did was stupid and he deserves to be suspended?
Did you notice that most people didn't even dignify the 'play the race card' post with a response?
Did you pick up on the fact that I was so pissed off at what Yarran did that I got told to 'let it go'?

Not all supporters follow group think. We don't all agree with someone just because we support the same team. I know that might be hard for you to swallow considering what supporter base you belong to, but try to step outside your box for a minute.

1-3 weeks is plenty. Yarran knows it was stupid, but he isn't a dirty player. We shouldn't be going overboard. A 1-3 week suspension is fine. If he does it again, throw the book at him, but until then just leave it.

Did you ignore all of the supporters who are saying that what Yarran did was stupid and he deserves to be suspended?
Did you notice that most people didn't even dignify the 'play the race card' post with a response?
Did you pick up on the fact that I was so pissed off at what Yarran did that I got told to 'let it go'?

Not all supporters follow group think. We don't all agree with someone just because we support the same team. I know that might be hard for you to swallow considering what supporter base you belong to, but try to step outside your box for a minute.

If you just want to slag off at a supporter base, go to the bay. If you have something to offer the discussion, please do so.

Okay, I have this to offer to the discussion:

- Yarran was not brave, he was not "flying the flag", he is mentally fragile and will be the victim of further niggling for it.
- Yarran should not attempt to "play the race card" like suggested by multiple Carlton forum members. Nor will he attempt to.
- Yarran will spend 4-5 weeks away from the game.

1. That's opinion. He was defending himself after copping jumper punches and elbows. Shouldn't have openly swung a punch though as the game ignores punches as long as you have a fist full of jumper so he had other options. He was clearly angered. Having said that, he doesn't do it regularly so can usually contain himself.

2. So you are saying several or many Carlton forum members have said Yarran should play the race card? I saw one who repeated himself after being dismissed. I haven't seen the others and I doubt we are talking multiples here. The forum is also split between supporting Yarran and denouncing Yarran.

3. Speculation. Maybe he will but I'll wait for the tribunal to determine the length of time. He will clearly get weeks. 2 would sit comfortably for me. 3 expected.

If you just want to slag off at a supporter base, go to the bay. If you have something to offer the discussion, please do so.

Now you're just baiting.

If Ballantyne gets 2 for bumping someone and accidentally clipping their head then Yarran deserves 4+ for deliberately hitting someone with a hook.

Ballantyne has a record that is so long it probably goes onto page 2. Yes some were unlucky but the majority of his offences were just dumb.

No. But you did misquote me to suit your argument which is exactly the same thing.
Misquoting or misrepresenting what somebody has said like you did is a far worse than commencing a sentence with and.
No more delusional than you trying to convince yourself and other supporters of Yarran's heinous record at the tribunal. :$
I misquoted you did I? Please, stop. You're embarrassing yourself.

Also, if you don't know the difference between a report and getting a record at the tribunal, then I advise you to stop advocating the mindset that Yarran has a clean past. Cannot argue against fact, buddy. :$

If Ballantyne gets 2 for bumping someone and accidentally clipping their head then Yarran deserves 4+ for deliberately hitting someone with a hook.

They may want to make a stand although this sort of thing is not prevalent. Plenty of punches swung in the clinches but most don't connect. Yarran unlucky his connected in a big way so in a two man wrestle, show of strength, suspensions depend on whether you connect and do damage or not.

I think the bump causes greater injury and the recipient is not involved in any show of aggression prior so is more unsuspecting if you like. The potential for neck and head injuries is the real concern.

I do get the one punch concern that happens in society but a lot of them are due to hitting the ground.

I don't know. We don't see it a lot. Barry Hall got 7 games and he wasn't involved in an aggressive shaping up with Staker. I wonder how much Chapman's part in it will mitigate the severity of the sentence.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Yarran gets 5+ he is VERY unlucky. Dumb, yes. Stupid, yes. However he isn't a thug with a bad record. It will probably be 4 down to 3 with a guilty plea at the tribunal...although if you can pick the tribunal you are better than most of us. Absolute chook lotto.

1. That's opinion. He was defending himself after copping jumper punches and elbows. Shouldn't have openly swung a punch though as the game ignores punches as long as you have a fist full of jumper so he had other options. He was clearly angered. Having said that, he doesn't do it regularly so can usually contain himself.

2. So you are saying several or many Carlton forum members have said Yarran should play the race card? I saw one who repeated himself after being dismissed. I haven't seen the others and I doubt we are talking multiples here. The forum is also split between supporting Yarran and denouncing Yarran.

3. Speculation. Maybe he will but I'll wait for the tribunal to determine the length of time. He will clearly get weeks. 2 would sit comfortably for me. 3 expected.

1. Struck Hanley in the neck after being niggled last year. People will give him more of the same treatment.

2. In the MRP thread in the Carlton board, one guy suggested it on the 3rd page, it was liked by another poster who quoted it saying "Yes". Last time I checked two is multiple.

3. You're right, I'm just speculating, but 2 weeks just isn't enough. 2 weeks is what you get for dangerous bumps. Punching someone in the head, off the ball is in a whole different league. A point needs to be proven.

Also, if you don't know the difference between a report and getting a record at the tribunal, then I advise you to stop advocating the mindset that Yarran has a clean past. Cannot argue against fact, buddy. :$

You do realise that the tribunal can't consider a previous report that he got off though right? If someone is commenting on a likely sentence and uses Yarran's clean record as a reason for getting a lighter sentence, then arguing the point about him being clean by raising a report where he got off is fairly moot.

Please, jumper punches are hardly the same thing. A "punch" to the face from a few inches away with a fist full of jumper hardly has the same potential to cause harm as a proper jab or hook thrown by somebody who obviously knows how to throw a punch.

Comparing it to a jumper punch is moronic.

Who says they are the same thing? They are still punches that could hurt and aggravate. They could still mitigate circumstances in which a proper punch was thrown.

The MRP couldn't rule on that because they can only look at impact, location and intent. The tribunal may or may not look at mitigating circumstances.

2. In the MRP thread in the Carlton board, one guy suggested it on the 3rd page, it was liked by another poster who quoted it saying "Yes". Last time I checked two is multiple.

Two is not multiple, might I suggest you pay attention in English class next time. Two is either 'a couple' or 'two'. Multiple is 3+. Always has been.

Two is not multiple, might I suggest you pay attention in English class next time. Two is either 'a couple' or 'two'. Multiple is 3+. Always has been.
From the Oxford Dictionary:

Multiple
adjective
1. Having or involving more than one part, individual, etc.

1. Struck Hanley in the neck after being niggled last year. People will give him more of the same treatment.

Insufficient force. No extra niggle took place after that event. He gets niggled most games anyway as do a lot of players and this is the second time reported in 108 games. Let's not get too carried away.

That was what you were talking about? I saw a worse one than that by a newbie poster. That one, from a sometimes poster btw, said he could play the racist card, not that he should, not that he would, not that it was endorsed. The like and the yes were firmly tongue in cheek and based on an in joke that poster frequently participates in. (You'll need context before jumping in to suggest that racism is not a joke).

Multiple can be defined as more than one but is also defined more often as meaning many or several. Give you started out trying to slag off Carlton supporters in general for this viewpoint, you were clearly trying to mislead with your use of the word.

3. You're right, I'm just speculating, but 2 weeks just isn't enough. 2 weeks is what you get for dangerous bumps. Punching someone in the head, off the ball is in a whole different league. A point needs to be proven.

I have no way of knowing what the tribunal is thinking but the lead up to it should surely be taken into account. I think that deliberate bumps to the head
do more damage than punches on the football field, not withstanding a Barry Hall-esque punch on an innocent opponent. I suspect 3 weeks as I said.

Last edited:
Bahahahahahahaha, this is one of the most idiotic posts I have ever read.

Similar to every Essendon fan who wants Yarran to be hung for a relatively minor offence.

Check the synonyms for 'two'. I'm right, two is not multiple. Multiple is alway more than two. Two is couple, bilateral, double, pair, duet, double, duo, etc. None are multiple. Multiple is the next level.

That's funny, when I reached for my Herpderpno1 Merriam-Webster Dictionary it informs me the definition of multiple is:

Full Definition of MULTIPLE
: consisting of, including, or involving more than one <multiple births>

That's okay though, I accept your apology.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back