MRP / Trib. 2015 MRP/ Carlton Tribunal News & Reports (aka Chook lotto)

Remove this Banner Ad

Gives someone else a chance to come in and thats the way we need to look at it. Hopefully Buckley is ready to step into the side as we need his energy, dash and enthusiasm off the half back line. The guys actually tackles rather than tries to corral opponents. We need players to commit to tackling pressure to upset the structure of the other side. Who cares if a few balls get over the top. Our defenders need to be able to deal with that and they are entering so easily against us at the moment that it couldnt be any worse.

BTW we could very easily win our next 3 matches without Yarran and dig ourselves out of this slump. Even the Pies game in 4 weeks is winnable.

Gives someone else a chance to come in and thats the way we need to look at it. Hopefully Buckley is ready to step into the side as we need his energy, dash and enthusiasm off the half back line. The guys actually tackles rather than tries to corral opponents. We need players to commit to tackling pressure to upset the structure of the other side. Who cares if a few balls get over the top. Our defenders need to be able to deal with that and they are entering so easily against us at the moment that it couldnt be any worse.

BTW we could very easily win our next 3 matches without Yarran and dig ourselves out of this slump. Even the Pies game in 4 weeks is winnable.

no question

""There was no headbutt thrown by me, if there was head contact it wasn't intentional," Chapman said. "I've just watched the video and I saw nothing that was even close to head contact.

"You don't expect to cop a punch in the head like that." "

Weak Snitch Prick!!!

As if Chappy would stick up for Yaz.

He would be totally and utterly embarrassed by how he went down after instigating the tussle. He is just trying to save face.

He would be totally and utterly embarrassed by how he went down after instigating the tussle. He is just trying to save face.

Cameron Ling pretty much said that post match "Chappy will be really embarassed" big tough guys are usually soft as really

How does being a dobber save any face? He has lost his reputation as a hard man of the AFL.

I was expecting him to say it was a S**** punch to the tribunal like he said to Yazz during the game say it just knocked him off balance and after 15 years of footy he has so much scar tissue in his eyebrow that they split all the time.

Yazz taking up a fighting stance before throwing the punch didn't do him any favours.

Yeah. The lunging left hook ala Frazier certainly wasn't the best look. Nor were the two swings which preceded it

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm a bit frustrated. Tribunal penalties never add up to preceding decisions. I know that they don't use precedence, but what a ridiculous system.

Obviously Yarran needed to be suspended. But he was completely provoked and imo whilst Yarran shouldn't of lost his cool with a strike to the head, the umpires failed in their duty of care to protect Yarran. He was running out of options.

Frustrating me more is Chapman. If he was a true hard man he would of said something along the lines of '... I don't remember anyone hitting me, thought the cut came from an accidental head clash....sorry I couldn't of been of more help'.

Two weeks seems about right to me but the blood and stitches and concussion test meant they had to go bigger because the outcry of accusations of too lenient from the commentariat would have carried on for the rest of the season.

Hoped with the guilty plea he could have it bargained down to 2.

I have to say this is the part I don't get. As I understand it because it got referred directly to the tribunal e does not get any reduction for a good record or early guilty plea. Does not make much sense.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back