Prediction changes v Sydney

Remove this Banner Ad

Really want to see DeBoer and Suban hitting contests like their life depends on it this week.
They are keeping out Sheridan, Crozier and the next ones in line, they need to play out of their skins every week.
Thought Deboer was actually pretty decent against the witches hats, won some nice inside ball. He should be absolutely cracking in against the big bodies of Sydney.

Really want to see DeBoer and Suban hitting contests like their life depends on it this week.
They are keeping out Sheridan, Crozier and the next ones in line, they need to play out of their skins every week.
Thought Deboer was actually pretty decent against the witches hats, won some nice inside ball. He should be absolutely cracking in against the big bodies of Sydney.

Agree 110% this is a do or die match and bodies will be sore next week.

OK, so of the 22 named, it has to be DeBoer or Suban as sub. Potentially Clancee (would rather not see that).

Despite this being his first game back for the season, Mzungu would be wasted in that role given he is a gut running endurance player and structurally everyone else should start.

I think the sub will be important tomorrow. It'll be a tight contest, so unlike the last 2 matches whoever comes on could really contribute to the result. Much like DeBoer did against port in round 1. Like E Shed, I thought De Boer was decent, some-one had to make way so Crozier could get a run. Tough choice.

Fyfe apparently said to Mick Barlow after the game something like "I'll cop the tag boys, and you get the job done".* Which may explain why he was a bit quieter.

We are definitely getting to the point where we have too many stars that need to be covered by opposition. I wonder who will get off the chain this week?

*Not an exact quote

I am tipping Danyle Pearce.

I'm enjoying the swans board arguing amongst themselves about whether Fyfe is the best player they have ever seen, and if he is better than Ablett. Nice little debate started. So far consensus is yes.
I don't know if I could choose between them. The fact there's even a debate speaks volumes about how good Fyfe is.

Edit: Had a lurk and read the 'debate'. One poster in particular stated that they'd take Rance over Fyfe.

I couldn't read beyond that post as the tears of laughter made it really hard to read after that. I might try again later.

Last edited:
I don't know if I could choose between them. The fact there's even a debate speaks volumes about how good Fyfe is.

Edit: Had a lurk and read the 'debate'. One poster in particular stated that they'd take Rance over Fyfe.

I couldn't read beyond that post as the tears of laughter made it really hard to read after that. I might try again later.

He also rather got cut down after that post

Rance was horrible last night. I think he's taken early retirement.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Unfortunately, we have our share of nitwits :oops:

Fyfe aint better than Ablett and never will be - but he's better than anyone on our list (and yes, i'm including Buddy) and is probably the form player in the comp. The fact that he's dusted us up a couple of times in the past just adds to his aura from a Swans POV.

We're a rough chance but it will be very hard. Pyke will have to make an impact on Sandi and our mids will need to win their share of the clearances. Otherwise, it could get ugly for us.

I have no doubt that at least one of these sides will be playing on the MCG in the last week of September.

Fyfe aint better than Ablett and never will be - but he's better than anyone on our list (and yes, i'm including Buddy) and is probably the form player in the comp. The fact that he's dusted us up a couple of times in the past just adds to his aura from a Swans POV.

We're a rough chance but it will be very hard. Pyke will have to make an impact on Sandi and our mids will need to win their share of the clearances. Otherwise, it could get ugly for us.

I have no doubt that at least one of these sides will be playing on the MCG in the last week of September.
Hopefully both of us because I'm more confident beating you guys than the Hawks, and no one wants to see the Hawks win again.

Tough to say Fyfe will never be better than Ablett. He'll certainly never be as quick, nimble or as good a kick.

However, Fyfe is better than Ablett was at this stage of his career. His kicking is pretty poor at times, but jeez he makes up for it in other areas. He'll never be an elite kick, but if he can improve it over the next 2-3 seasons (and he'll only be 25-26 then) it really makes the debate interesting.

I think Ablett Snr has them both covered though.

I judge the star players on how much they can influence a game. Ablett is of course an absolute master but Fyfe is right with him IMO as he is a contested beast. Both can take the game away from the opposition and can hit the scoreboard. "Never will be" is a bit much.

That was me and I stand by that statement. As good as Fyfe is the Swans have a young midfield with more talent coming into it soon. On the other hand Richards is almost at retirement age and Grundy is not young either. Rance would be far more useful to the Swans structure given the demographics of our list than Fyfe would be.

That was me and I stand by that statement. As good as Fyfe is the Swans have a young midfield with more talent coming into it soon. On the other hand Richards is almost at retirement age and Grundy is not young either. Rance would be far more useful to the Swans structure given the demographics of our list than Fyfe would be.
Can you go away please?

I was just responding to what people were saying I said on the Swans board. At no point in that discussion did I say Rance was a better player than Fyfe. I was saying that at the moment for the Swans finding a player like Rance is more important than finding a player like Fyfe.
Righto mate

I was just responding to what people were saying I said on the Swans board. At no point in that discussion did I say Rance was a better player than Fyfe. I was saying that at the moment for the Swans finding a player like Rance is more important than finding a player like Fyfe.

That's a very narrow view and the Swans can be thankful that your not on their selection panel. An elite midfielder has a massive amount more impact on a game than any key defender. Finding a player like Fyfe will always be more on the Swans agenda than filling the key defender role that can be sorted with your second or third draft pick.

The game is won in the middle or did you miss the coaches pre game comments!

Having said all that, good luck for tonight, I expect a belter of a game and hope for no injuries.

I really feel sorry for you, really.
Clubs have their problems with keeping their list balanced. Unfortunately other clubs can't just ring up an extra allowance to go and buy two top forwards on ridiculous contracts.
Perhaps Sydney should have thought about their backline instead of another gun forward but then again, Gillon is only a phone call away.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back