Roast The media....*Shakes Head* Part 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm pretty sure I've never heard a Port Adelaide ambassador even mention the crows, let alone feel it their duty to constantly slander them publicly.
They're a very strange mob at West Lakes.
ADELAIDE CROWS

Listened to AA last night for a laugh and heard Stupid banging on about hating the Sunday twilight fixtures. No issue with that but he then says that Collingwood took umbrage with these twilight fixtures after their game with Carlton last year. IIRC that game started about 7pm didn't it?

The footy programs were more than a bit of a joke last night, the only mention our club got was the repeated drivel over how Clarko was well within his right to punch out a drunk bloke & then we got a 30 second mention on Talking Footy & a minute on the couch.

We already know Footy classified is a terrible program but to not even mention us knocking off the reigning premier & instead spending half hour odd explaining what's wrong with Shitmond is largely what's wrong with the Viccentric footy media these days.

They've also remover the SA with Tredrea segment. If a Port Adelaide plays a game of football on the weekend and no Victorians hear/care about it, did it really happen?

Penberth was at a wedding in the foot hills during the bushfires this summer and described the smell of the burning eucalyptus as "just beautiful". A grade flog.
The smell of his burning editorial in the Sunday Mail is 'just beautiful'

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How odd. The media fapped all over our first quarter in the EF last year, but from what I gather hardly anything has been said about our first quarter on Saturday?

The lack of Carlile love isn't all that surprising. Stupid, but not surprising.

Nah look fair cop.

He only kept the best key forward in the competition to 2 marks and 1 behind despite facing 80 inside 50s from the most accurate kicking side in the the league.

Jack Frost definitely deserves this one for keeping established champion Joe Daniher to 2 goals from 57 I50s.

Yeah lift your game Carlisland.

How odd. The media fapped all over our first quarter in the EF last year, but from what I gather hardly anything has been said about our first quarter on Saturday?

The lack of Carlile love isn't all that surprising. Stupid, but not surprising.

Jason Dunstall of all people said he wished he could've seen it in person. The purest footy he's seen or summat.

Jason Dunstall of all people said he wished he could've seen it in person. The purest footy he's seen or summat.
It's interesting that Dunstalls positive comments were a rarity across almost all footy programs, could it be because he's one of the only media identities that actually tuned in to our game instead of the undefeated contest between Sydney & Freo?

Putting 2 top 4 team matches against eachother was always a dumb move, maybe if the AFL didn't regularly gift mediocre Vic teams like Richmond & Carlton into every Friday night timeslot actual 'blockbusters' would get the air time they deserve.

Those in the media that didn't watch our match & that first quarter in particular truly missed out on watching the highest quality of football, hopefully we get some sort of highlight reel of that 1st qtr on 360 at some point this week.

Last edited:

It reminded me of the 2007 GF, dare I say it. Everything we did turned to gold, every shot on goal was money, a high calibre opponent could do nothing to stop it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It reminded me of the 2007 GF, dare I say it. Everything we did turned to gold, every shot on goal was money, a high calibre opponent could do nothing to stop it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's funny isn't it. If Westhoff, Hammer and Schulz's shots miss - as they would have 80-85% of the time - and Hawthorn had've gotten on the board early we would've been treated to armwrestle we'd have gone on to lose.

Sometimes it just all clicks for one or two quarters and you're able to withdraw and lick your wounds. If it stretches out to three or four you're at risk of having your remains sluiced into the history books.

I'm pretty sure I've never heard a Port Adelaide ambassador even mention the crows, let alone feel it their duty to constantly slander them publicly.
They're a very strange mob at West Lakes.
Port ambassadors spend most of their time talking up Port Adelaide, Crows ambassadors spend most of their time talking down Port Adelaide. Make of that what you will.

Those in the media that didn't watch our match & that first quarter in particular truly missed out on watching the highest quality of football, hopefully we get some sort of highlight reel of that 1st qtr on 360 at some point this week.

Unlikely. The highlight reel went for over 30 minutes ;) #amiright

It's funny isn't it. If Westhoff, Hammer and Schulz's shots miss - as they would have 80-85% of the time - and Hawthorn had've gotten on the board early we would've been treated to armwrestle we'd have gone on to lose.

Sometimes it just all clicks for one or two quarters and you're able to withdraw and lick your wounds. If it stretches out to three or four you're at risk of having your remains sluiced into the history books.
hmmmm

If Ken Hinkley came out saying Port playets woukd be forced to jump off a jetty as punishment, d!ckhead monobrow Penberthy would have a field day berating Port for breaking the law, being irresponsible and setting a bad example, his editorial would be as long as Lillee's run up condemning Port. Would love someone to ask him what he thinks of Walsh saying this

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back