WWLPD (What would Liam Picken do?)

Remove this Banner Ad

Cori

All Australian
Aug 4, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
He would get up, dust himself off and then ride Dan Hannebery into the dirt.

Seriously, need a thread on how freaking enormous Picks has become in the last few games and what appears to be a growing trend this season.

vs Richmond: 15 disposals, 6 tackles
vs Hawthorn: 15 dispoals, 3 tackles
vs Adelaide: 29 disposals, 7 marks, 4 tackles, 1 goal
vs Sydney: 33 disposals, 4 marks, 12 tackles, 11 clearances

If this was the stock market I'd be buying up big. The graph be shooting skyward.

He's been one of my favourite players for a long time, is a workhorse and all round great dude. He's really stepped up in the absence of Wallis, Libba, Boyd etc in the middle. Really hoping he continues and gets some recognition.

Also, forgot about this:

Had Pies supporting in - laws ver yesterday and told them Billy Picken is the greatest Pies player of all time!!! Took it a few seconds to click :p

I have wanted a WWLPD tattoo for a long time but I always end up getting something else when I go in. It will definitely be on the agenda next trip to the shop. Will post a pic.

The guy is a complete and utter monster, it's so great to see him succeeding as a major ball winner in these last couple of weeks. It's actually scary how hard he goes, would run straight at a bus to win the footy

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I am so so happy with his form improvement.

He has been my favourite Dogs player for at least 4 years. And I was genuinely starting to worry that he and Honeychurch would be fighting for the same position by the 2nd half of the season. As it is, I still think Picken will end up a depth player. But now I hope it will be at the earliest in 2016, and there'll be plenty of good times on the way.

He'd beat up Kubla Khan.
Cause Liam Picken doesn't take s**t from Aaaa-nnyy-bod-ie...
And he'll save Stringer and Bonti too
Cause that's what Liam Picken do
Cause that's what Liam Pick-en dooooooo!

I'll put my hand up and say that at the beginning of last year, I thought he was done. Seemed to have dropped in form and had gone from one of our most important players around 2012 to borderline best 22 (in my opinion) come the end of 2013 with a new move to the backline. By the start of 2014 he went right back to what we knew he was capable of, and this year has gone to a whole nother level and been simply immense- and I completely love it. I was wrong.

Last edited:
Hey guys just want to say that I have admired Picken for a long time and although I thought he was a little limited as a player, you could never question his work ethic and desire.

I love the season he is having and I am very happy for him and you guys. Big soft spot for Liam and I respect his attack on the game a lot. Good luck for the rest of the season!

What a team man, he tries his guts out in every role he is given regardless of what it is. Truly one of the most mentally strong players in the league.
And always has been! Huge mental strength and determination. Unassuming, goes about his business, team-first attitude forever. Liam, I have NEVER doubted you :thumbsu:.

I don't know where to find the article, but a few yrs ago there was an article on Liam in one of the papers. The article was a gem covering a lot of his time away from football, his immediate family and the commitment to his study while tryimg to get listed in the AFL. Absolute beautiful journalistic read.

This year, 2015, Picken has improved his output over his previous best by over 30%. He is having a fantastic year. He is kicking more goals too.

His first three games this year were pretty ordinary and I thought that that he was in real danger of being dropped. He was even named on the bench. Then since the game against Adelaide he really has excelled, getting more disposals and goals.

A few things concern me and I would like to know the opinion of BF fans.

1. Picken the tagger
I always thought that Picken's tagging was poor. He seemed to make little or no difference to his opponent's stats. He never really seemed to get into a good position to nullify his opponent. It didn't seem like he was tagging.

Was he usually a tagger, or is that just the 'tag' that people have put on him?

2. Picken the rough and tough guy
It seems to me as though Picken is very courageous; he often puts himself into harms way and burrows in for the ball when needed. It doesn't seem to me as though is is any sort of dirty player or an enforcer. He just holds his own in wrestle but doesn't start them. I have never seen any dirty play out of him. Never seen him elbow anybody, punch them in the back of the neck, crash into them, hold them, sling tackle them, etc. Picken seems to be a very clean footballer.

He seems to have a tough guy reputation. Why is that?

Thanks for any reply.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back