Fixture Changes VS Carlton Round 9 - The Liam Jones Cup

Remove this Banner Ad

Fair enough DW maybe not most,

Although there’s a fair few that constantly drown out threads attacking his fitness levels whenever his name is brought up. I don’t even have a view on this so it’s not just that it’s contrary to mine, I just find it funny when people are so adamant that he can’t run out a game, based on what exactly? Some TOG% from 2020? Hardly relevant, McComb can run out a game just fine - yet he only played 50% TOG last game he played, there’s other factors at play here too.

So unless they have insider knowledge on his GPS data from training/VFL I just find it to be a bit strange how often this gets brought up as a fact
He cannot run out games and it’s why they moved him forward.

Our historical patterns of performance would suggest that there is nothing surer than a loss this week.
  • Three straight wins by reasonable margins
  • Heat has come off us from media
  • Poor match up against opponent (McKay and Curnow especially)
  • Opponent copping lots of heat.
They will come out red hot and under these circumstances we often come out flat-footed. Against their key forwards we can't afford for that to happen.

We've done well to arrest shifts in momentum of late. This is another chance for this team to show that they're different from what's come before. Hopefully we're up to the challenge.
Hopefully our supporters can be a little less negative

Before the Alan Border medal there was the Benson & Hedges International Cricketer of the Year and I remember Simon winning it one year, he could play. Hopefully James is an even better sportsman?
I remember SOD kicking a bag against us at Moorabbin. he definitely could play and would have if it were not for his cricket

The issue is everything he is saying seems right….

It’s a totally winnable game but they will come red hot and have to respond in kind.
Perhaps but I just don’t understand the point of being overly negative before we actually play the game. It’s not like it will change the outcome so just be positive and enjoy the time. There will time enough to be shitty after the game if we lose.
Btw his comments could equally apply to just about every team

Crazy Vossy V Crazy Bevo.

In the octagon of madness.

large_1988_0572__0001_.jpg
I would have turned my webcam off if I knew you were taking screenshots

Disrespect to a lot of guys busting their ass in the vfl for multiple years playing strings of good games not rewarded.

But shiny new mid season recruit Scott, Gardner previous examples play almost straight away.

I know Schache shouldnt have played last year but he wouldnt be the only one thinking that way within the camp when it comes to re signing the fringe players end of season you can look back at games like this. Lipinski, Young made the most of opportunities.
The VFL listed afl players have been trash.

JOD has been the best performing of our afl listed players the last 3 games in the VFL. If Busslinger was playing like JOD we would be screaming for him to get a run because his a first pick.

The only one remotely close to getting a game would be Buku and still his defensive pressure is non existent and his been very hot and cold.

Next in line is mccomb, which frankly has not worked at afl level.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I remember SOD kicking a bag against us at Moorabbin. he definitely could play and would have if it were not for his cricket

A simple online search shows he never kicked more than 3 in a single game, and in the 3 games against us he kicked a combined 2.2, both goals coming in a game at VUWO. He was goal-less in the other 2.

I assume your other posts contain the same level of accuracy, but I can't be bothered reading them

Nothing really surprising in the team. O'Donnell's has been impressive in the VFL, moreso than anyone else.

Huge game for the season though not an 9 point game. The cats were 5 and 4 last year and won every game from there.

Win and we are a top 4 contender. Lose and we are 6 to 12.

They will come out firing with all of the media attention. IF we are a better team we will absorb that early then work our way ahead.

Looking forward to see we we are given there are no best 22 available not playing

On SM-G996B using BigFooty.com mobile app
Nothing really surprising in the team?!

Regardless of his form in the VFL team for the 3 weeks, O'Donnell's debut after 35 days on the list is one of the most surprising and remarkable in living memory.

Hard to remember a more blatant example of the AFL media machine cheersquadding a side in the lead-up to a key match.

Once again we're reduced to playing the 'Washington Generals' to some narrative we have nothing to do with.

No point whinging about it I know. But the footy fourth estate is the most amateurish, its-the-vibe, myopic cabal of boy-men and alpha simps. So tedious.

I'm pretty sure that was the one I went to. I remember it being extremely ugly until we put the foot down late.
It was an ugly Mothers Day game. Was hilarious to see how quiet the Carlton fans went though. Seriously, they were cheering like there was no tomorrow when Eddie kicked the first goal.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back