List Mgmt. 2015 Trade, Draft, Rookie Draft and FA Megathread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Leppa's mate Zac O'Brien roped in a lazy 41 touches, 13 clearances and 14 inside 50's in a 6 goal LOSS to Aspley for the Brions reserves.

183cm running machine, who'd probably come cheap as out-of-date chips... :p

Is 25 next year and can't get a game for the 2nd bottom side though... :drunk:
Tom Mitchell laughs at those stats :p

I could be being overly optimistic, but I really think Delaney, Lee and Goddard could make a great combination of tall defenders in a few years. They all have different strengths and I can see them working really well together.
Hope you're right, but Lee cant get a Game, Goddard hasn't played a game yet (but will be a gun I hope ) Delaney has been good for us, but a GOP at best

Hypothetical time (both bids are guess work on my behalf based on what I've read on here and in AFL media):

Hooper gets bid on with pick 2.
Kennedy gets bid on with pick 10.
GWS finish 6th giving them (roughly) picks 13, 31, 49, 67. These are worth 1212, 606, 287, 69 points each or 2174 points total.

Hooper:
Pick 2 = 2013 after 20% discount.
Meaning they have to give up picks 13 and 31 (1818 points worth) and pick 49 gets downgraded to pick 56.

That leaves them with picks 56 and 67 worth 263 points. Now they need to figure out how to match Kennedy's bid.

Kennedy:
Pick 10 = 1116 points after the discount
Giving up picks 56 and 67 means they have 853 points left to find. That's roughly the equivalent of pick 22. There is no way that GWS can't find someone to trade for that value if they want to.

Conclusion: If Shiel does decide to leave the pick(s) they get for him almost certainly wont be used on academy those academy players - unless Kennedy turns into a top 3* pick. But even then GWS could still trade another fringe player to get the pick if they value the player they'd get with Shiel's pick higher.

*Kennedy gets bid on with pick 3:
Pick 3 = 1787 points after discount. Meaning that they need to find 1524 points which is the equivalent of pick 8 or picks 22+27.

/nerd mode

Hypothetical time (both bids are guess work on my behalf based on what I've read on here and in AFL media):

Hooper gets bid on with pick 2.
Kennedy gets bid on with pick 10.
GWS finish 6th giving them (roughly) picks 13, 31, 49, 67. These are worth 1212, 606, 287, 69 points each or 2174 points total.

Hooper:
Pick 2 = 2013 after 20% discount.
Meaning they have to give up picks 13 and 31 (1818 points worth) and pick 49 gets downgraded to pick 56.

That leaves them with picks 56 and 67 worth 263 points. Now they need to figure out how to match Kennedy's bid.

Kennedy:
Pick 10 = 1116 points after the discount
Giving up picks 56 and 67 means they have 853 points left to find. That's roughly the equivalent of pick 22. There is no way that GWS can't find someone to trade for that value if they want to.

Conclusion: If Shiel does decide to leave the pick(s) they get for him almost certainly wont be used on academy those academy players - unless Kennedy turns into a top 3* pick. But even then GWS could still trade another fringe player to get the pick if they value the player they'd get with Shiel's pick higher.

*Kennedy gets bid on with pick 3:
Pick 3 = 1787 points after discount. Meaning that they need to find 1524 points which is the equivalent of pick 8 or picks 22+27.

/nerd mode
I thought in a case like this they could trade future picks to get it done but then next year they couldn't have any academy kids

Handy defender at VFl Level big step up to next level, obviously match committee haven't seen enough in him yet. have you seen him in many games for Sandy this year ? Has he been a standout ? Think he was very lucky to get 2 years IMO
Only seen one game but from reports on here reading stats and coaches reviews has been near best performed sandy player every week and last week had 16 kicks @84 DE we dont have a backman that can kick like that atm

Only seen one game but from reports on here reading stats and coaches reviews has been near best performed sandy player every week and last week had 16 kicks @84 DE we dont have a backman that can kick like that atm
Really just don't see Lee making it at AFL, hope he turns into a very good defender for us just don't see it happening

I agree with what some other people have said. Lee has played 6 games down back. Delaney went in to replace fisher and Dempster will probsbly move around. He gets overshadowed by all the other players down there.

I think it's just as important to build a string of good games together. He didnt get much continuity last year IIRC.

I thought in a case like this they could trade future picks to get it done but then next year they couldn't have any academy kids

That's another option they have. From what I gather they only lose the ability to take academy selections the following year if their first pick the following year doesn't cover the debt left over from the proceeding year.

For example: GWS ends the 2015 draft with 1100 points outstanding. This means they need have a first pick somewhere between 1 and 15 (1112 points) in 2016 order to be able to take any academy players that year. If they do manage to payoff that debt then they will still be limited in their ability to pay for academy players in 2016 and pressure to trade players out for picks will increase (depending on the quality of their academy players).

That's another option they have. From what I gather they only lose the ability to take academy selections the following year if their first pick the following year doesn't cover the debt left over from the proceeding year.

For example: GWS ends the 2015 draft with 1100 points outstanding. This means they need have a first pick somewhere between 1 and 15 (1112 points) in 2016 order to be able to take any academy players that year. If they do manage to payoff that debt then they will still be limited in their ability to pay for academy players in 2016 and pressure to trade players out for picks will increase (depending on the quality of their academy players).

So to paraphrase all this this:

GWS: Still winning;
Rest of AFL: Screwed

So to paraphrase all this this:

GWS: Still winning;
Rest of AFL: Screwed
GWS ia just a 10 year fad, after those 10 years they will be so dam irrelevant and thats what everyone is ready
Are there any Academy kids next year?
no idea, its hard enough getting to know this years prospects

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Collingwood. I'd give him 800k over 5, or even 6, he's that good.

That said where's that GWS fan who said "in valuations, you're over by at least 30%" when I suggested Treloar was worth 700k per year?
He's renewing his Western Sydney Wanderers membership as we speak.

He's renewing his Western Sydney Wanderers membership as we speak.
At least they need to be in the same kind of mark as the Pies. That means Shiel will want similar, Cameron would already be heaps etc.

Collingwood. I'd give him 800k over 5, or even 6, he's that good.

That said where's that GWS fan who said "in valuations, you're over by at least 30%" when I suggested Treloar was worth 700k per year?

I love Treloar as a player, have since he was 17yo. He's not our target though. No other team will beat our offer to Dylan Shiel. Will he be prepared to play at a team working their way up or a team already up there? If he doesn't choose
St Kilda then there's nothing more we could do. Balls currently in his court...

I love Treloar as a player, have since he was 17yo. He's not our target though. No other team will beat our offer to Dylan Shiel. Will he be prepared to play at a team working their way up or a team already up there? If he doesn't choose

Good to hear I prefer Shiel over treloar. I would do the same thing. Hopefully a heavy front loaded contract so we can tie up lots of our own later and get more FAs.

Interesting thoughts, from the sounds of that, he is as good as gone. The choice sounds like a lesser contract at a finals team, or better contract with us, being the up and comer.

What's happening with Rory?

Good to hear I prefer Shiel over treloar. I would do the same thing. Hopefully a heavy front loaded contract so we can tie up lots of our own later and get more FAs.

Salary is not an issue. We have a huge amount of room to move now and will be shedding a lot of salary in next 12-24 months. Riewoldt, Fisher, Dempster, Gilbert are all on good money and will be gone. We are currently not using veteran's clause so that we reach TPP minimum so there's a little bit to shed there with probably Joey. We will need to find money for long term deals for Armitage and Bruce extensions later this year (hopefully) which won't affect our ability to spend. Our list and TPP has been set up beautifully going forward. Chris Pelchan deserves credit even if he was a control freak and Ameet is a genius with numbers.

Interesting thoughts, from the sounds of that, he is as good as gone. The choice sounds like a lesser contract at a finals team, or better contract with us, being the up and comer.

What's happening with Rory?

Or (although extremely unlikely) GWS convince him to stay. I have heard nothing in regards to Rory Sloane and don't think I will.

Fantastic news this, by the sounds of things we've been proactive and have been looking to use our war chest. These next 2 off-seasons, we'll really know where we stand as destination teams as big name players hit the markets, and we open up the war chest. That makes it 4 people evidently close to the club - yourself, Brian, thunda and Stavro - that have said we're in the hunt for Dyl. I know some Giants fans are thinking that they should've signed by Round 15, but I think is by the bye they haven't signed up (or probably the end of May, considering the way the Giants are going), it's time to start preparing for October.

Just another question, Ghost, comparing Shiel, Treloar, Parish and Tucker as 17yos, how do you order them in terms of playing ability and performance at that age? Forget everything you've seen of Shiel and Treloar at the highest level (and of Tucker and Parish this year), who would you take of that 4 at the end of their respective bottom-age years? I know first-hand that Tucker and Parish played really well as 17yos and were extremely impressive, but not sure about that GWS pair.

I think there are a few who could come out to give him a run in the absence of Fisher. There seems an unwillingness to play him when there is a spot open even. Members hasn't had good VFL form or overly impressive AFL form but walks up to a spot. Lee has been around for years and can't get a go. If he played one game with stats like Members he would spend 12 months at Sandy as punishment.

Mate - do you actually go to games? :rolleyes:

Fantastic news this, by the sounds of things we've been proactive and have been looking to use our war chest. These next 2 off-seasons, we'll really know where we stand as destination teams as big name players hit the markets, and we open up the war chest. That makes it 4 people evidently close to the club - yourself, Brian, thunda and Stavro - that have said we're in the hunt for Dyl. I know some Giants fans are thinking that they should've signed by Round 15, but I think is by the bye they haven't signed up (or probably the end of May, considering the way the Giants are going), it's time to start preparing for October.

Just another question, Ghost, comparing Shiel, Treloar, Parish and Tucker as 17yos, how do you order them in terms of playing ability and performance at that age? Forget everything you've seen of Shiel and Treloar at the highest level (and of Tucker and Parish this year), who would you take of that 4 at the end of their respective bottom-age years? I know first-hand that Tucker and Parish played really well as 17yos and were extremely impressive, but not sure about that GWS pair.
i can really only go off a small sample of parish and tucker but dam shiel seemed like a once in a generation kid in the bayside area as he was in my age bracket and spent some time @ beda. just a great guy and better footballer. 0 idea about treloar tho

extra bit for u rahul

For Dandenong at TAC Cup level in 2010 he played seven matches with his averages again all elite, recording 30 disposals, 10 handball receives and 12 groundball gets per match. His 13 contested possessions per match also ranked number one in the competition.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back