List Mgmt. 2015 Trade, Draft, Rookie Draft and FA Megathread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I watched a few of Sumner's highlights and boy for another pick 48 deal he'd be very good looking in RW&B

Just have to play a bit more hard ball with GWS, tell Liam to get his body 100% before we give him a game and boom, get a bit more of that outside flash we need for very little!

Just imagine the outrage if the Hawks got Sloane.
You've got to wonder don't you...

You'd have to think their cap is bulging, yet FA has been very kind to them...

I just think that clubs and players salary details should be made public. The secrecy doesn't really gain anyone anything.

You really think that Barrels? They've lost the best forward of the last decade via Free Agency.
Is he though? I'd pick Roughead ahead of him any day of the week...

Think about it, since he left:
Hawks flags: 1
Swans flags: 0

You really think that Barrels? They've lost the best forward of the last decade via Free Agency.

Yeah but any list with Hodge, Mitchell, Roughhead, Rioli, Lewis, Burgoyne, Lake, Frawley (just because of his FA pay, he isn't the quality of others), Gibson, etc. has to be maxed out on cap. Any number of those players could be making a lot more at other clubs.

Frawley in as well along with McEvoy.
You could mount a compelling case that losing Fatty Franklin actually made Hawthorn a more rounded and dangerous side.

Not 100% sure on this, but I think Roughead and Lewis will join the veterans list at years end if they are not already. This should give them an extra $250K on top of the salary cap. They would already have Hodge, Mitchell etc. eligible for the veterans allowance. I hate to say it, but they would probably have enough coin for Sloane, particularly if it was back ended.

Not 100% sure on this, but I think Roughead and Lewis will join the veterans list at years end if they are not already. This should give them an extra $250K on top of the salary cap. They would already have Hodge, Mitchell etc. eligible for the veterans allowance. I hate to say it, but they would probably have enough coin for Sloane, particularly if it was back ended.

They've got to fall off eventually right?

...right?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is he though? I'd pick Roughead ahead of him any day of the week...

Think about it, since he left:
Hawks flags: 1
Swans flags: 0
You'd take Jarryd Roughead over Lance Franklin?

Here are their last 5 seasons, in terms of goals

Buddy
(2014) 79

Roughy
16 (injury hit)

Last year Franklin had more score involvements than Roughead, kicked more goals as a % of his teams goals than Roughead and had more CD Ranking points than Roughy.

You'd take Jarryd Roughead over Lance Franklin?

Here are their last 5 seasons, in terms of goals

Buddy
(2014) 79

Roughy
16 (injury hit)

Last year Franklin had more score involvements than Roughead, kicked more goals as a % of his teams goals than Roughead and had more CD Ranking points than Roughy.
Still would. All day.
Go stalk a key defender... :p

Yeah but any list with Hodge, Mitchell, Roughhead, Rioli, Lewis, Burgoyne, Lake, Frawley (just because of his FA pay, he isn't the quality of others), Gibson, etc. has to be maxed out on cap. Any number of those players could be making a lot more at other clubs.

You would think so, but I am not so sure. Didn't Lake and Frawley agree to much less coin to join the Hawks? Lake is reportedly only on about $300K. Also, within that list, there are 4 blokes on the veterans list which is worth approximately an extra $500K in salary cap space.

The fact that they had money to offer $1m a year to Buddy just 2 years ago, and they would have had 2 more blokes go on the veterans list since then suggests to me their cap is not as tight as what you expect. They have recruited Frawley & McEvoy since then which would take a chunk of that change but not all of it. They would have freed up some space with Sewell, Guerra etc being moved on since then also.

It sucks, but people are accepting less money to play for teams in contention.

It sucks, but people are accepting less money to play for teams in contention.
we actually have 0 idea if they are or not because their not made public.

i want salaries to become public and like hardwick hinted today bring in a NBA/NFL model of free agency and OOC players that you can't speak to any player or manager until free agency begins.

He is the type we need more of being realistic.

Outside/Pacy/Can snag a goal etc.

How Knightmare rated him in 2011:

I like the style comparison personally. Sumner a smaller version of Smith.

Very much doubt the saints will go for Liam still contracted another year , frustrated there though.
Wanted to come home.

Think GWS will only deal when a player is uncontracted we know who they are .
Buntine & Wilson are the one's similar to Josh Bruce

They still have Marchbank...Ahern Pickett Steele then they have academy picks to come

we actually have 0 idea if they are or not because their not made public.

i want salaries to become public and like hardwick hinted today bring in a NBA/NFL model of free agency and OOC players that you can't speak to any player or manager until free agency begins.

True, could be complete b/s. Doesn't change my opinion though that the Hawks are probably not as stretched as most think.

agree. Bird in the hand etc etc.

Shiel wants to play in Melb on the big stage.

Unfortunately if thats with us it will be off Broadway. Sunday earlies, twilights, 10 oclock in Wellington.

Only thing he will have with us not at GWS is a roof over his head at home games and despondent teammates for the next couple of seasons.

Oh and probs 700 large a year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back