My team of the year to this point

FB: R.Smith Burlak M.Leonard

HB:Williams Chambers Tessari

C: Ross Pound Burkett

HF:Sahlberg Smailes Mitchell

FF:Kent Kenny Cooke

R: Way Harrison Z.Saad

INT: Baumgartner Petroro D.Smith Sullivan Brennan Swallow

Way is not always a ruck but a weak year for rucks. Way should be in there either way.

Hey mate,where is Vianni?

How has Cooke been going this year and what position is he playing??

Agree with Keston surely Philpott is the best ruckman in your comp. I haven't seen him for a few years but his hit outs to advantage are usually higher than 50%. His never been good below his knees but doesn't need to do the role of a small player surely. His also not known for kicking goals, but does float back and fill a hole to assist the backs..

Hey mate,where is Vianni?

How has Cooke been going this year and what position is he playing??

Agree with Keston surely Philpott is the best ruckman in your comp. I haven't seen him for a few years but his hit outs to advantage are usually higher than 50%. His never been good below his knees but doesn't need to do the role of a small player surely. His also not known for kicking goals, but does float back and fill a hole to assist the backs..

Viani may be in others teams. Not close to mine. Doesn't mean he isn't a good player. Makes too many errors to be ahead of the other smalls.

My view on Philpot would put me in the minority but that's ok. Seen him plenty.

Viani may be in others teams. Not close to mine. Doesn't mean he isn't a good player. Makes too many errors to be ahead of the other smalls.

My view on Philpot would put me in the minority but that's ok. Seen him plenty.

Yep these sides are always full of different opinions. It's not criticism of you, as I like your work and your knowledge of the game.
It will create a lot of discussion!!

FB - Jason Davies (Macedon), Rhys Smith (Broadford), Matt Leonard (Sunbury Kangaroos)
HB - Brett Chambers (Rupertswood), Teghan Henderson (Macedon), Ayden Tessari (Romsey)
W - Paul Sahlberg (Riddell), Shaun Harrison (Macedon), James Wright (Romsey)
HF - Haydn Ross (Riddell), Luke Smailes (Diggers Rest), Josh Pound (Broadford)
FF - Jon Kent (Lancefield), Brian Ruffell (Riddell), Mitch Farmer (Romsey).
R - James Philpot (Broadford), Zac Saad (Romsey), Brent Swallow (Rupertswood)
Bench - Rex Hickman (Melton Centrals), Corey Viani (Broadford), Darragh McGovern (Rupertswood), Ben Way (Romsey)

I haven't seen every side this year and unfortunately won't get that opportunity.. :( I've seen Diggers once and Jason Williams was out of action that day with the man flu :)

Back three - Jason Davies has played the shut down roles to perfection in the backline, saw Rhys Smith dominate Marcus Kenny and didn't notice Matt Leonard in the interleague game, nor his star opponent.
Half back - Brett Chambers can do the job at both ends, one of the best spoilers in the game.. Henderson is outstanding, just so agile, and unbeatable on someone with height.. Tessari is simply amazing with the ball..
Centre - Sahlberg is as good as any wingman in the competition, Harrison is explosive and Wright (Nip) is always at his usual best.
Half forward - H is a stand-out and can turn the game in minutes at half forward and in the middle.. Luke Smailes is unbeatable and does well pressing up the ground, Rex Hickman plays a similar role well.. saw Josh's first game at the Roos, played at half forward all day and took home the wine.. one of the best players to watch.
Front three - Jon Kent is the best forward of his size by a mile.. outstanding player .. Big Ruff gets better with every game.. accurate, long kick, an excitement machine.. Mitch Farmer can kick goals and push up the ground ..
Rucks - James Philpot dominated interleague and Macedon, the best ruckman I've seen this year.. Zac Saad can turn the game up forward and in the centre.. Brent Swallow.. many around Rupo have said that he plays well and it's expected of him.. they are right.. he plays really well.
Bench - Rex was one of the major keys to the RDFNL's success playing as a floating half forward and he is a great mark and kick in front of goals.. Viani is explosive in the backline and middle.. McGovern.. have seen him twice and he looks so composed at half back, such a smart football brain and underrated, if that's possible.. Ben Way can ruck and kick goals at his leisure, can drift back too..
Let the games begin!! :)

Last edited:
FB - Jason Davies (Macedon), Rhys Smith (Broadford), Matt Leonard (Sunbury Kangaroos)
HB - Brett Chambers (Diggers Rest), Teghan Henderson (Macedon), Ayden Tessari (Romsey)
Bench - Rex Hickman (Melton Centrals), Corey Viani (Broadford), Darragh McGovern (Rupertswood), Ben Way (Romsey)

I haven't seen every side this year and unfortunately won't get that opportunity.. :( I've seen Diggers once and Jason Williams was out of action that day with the man flu :)

Back three - Jason Davies has played the shut down roles to perfection in the backline, saw Rhys Smith dominate Marcus Kenny and didn't notice Matt Leonard in the interleague game, nor his star opponent.
Half back - Brett Chambers can do the job at both ends, one of the best spoilers in the game.. Henderson is outstanding, just so agile, and unbeatable on someone with height.. Tessari is simply amazing with the ball..
Centre - Sahlberg is as good as any wingman in the competition, Harrison is explosive and Wright (Nip) is always at his usual best.
Half forward - H is a stand-out and can turn the game in minutes at half forward and in the middle.. Luke Smailes is unbeatable and does well pressing up the ground, Rex Hickman plays a similar role well.. saw Josh's first game at the Roos, played at half forward all day and took home the wine.. one of the best players to watch.
Front three - Jon Kent is the best forward of his size by a mile.. outstanding player .. Big Ruff gets better with every game.. accurate, long kick, an excitement machine.. Mitch Farmer can kick goals and push up the ground ..
Rucks - James Philpot dominated interleague and Macedon, the best ruckman I've seen this year.. Zac Saad can turn the game up forward and in the centre.. Brent Swallow.. many around Rupo have said that he plays well and it's expected of him.. they are right.. he plays really well.
Bench - Rex was one of the major keys to the RDFNL's success playing as a floating half forward and he is a great mark and kick in front of goals.. Viani is explosive in the backline and middle.. McGovern.. have seen him twice and he looks so composed at half back, such a smart football brain and underrated, if that's possible.. Ben Way can ruck and kick goals at his leisure, can drift back too..

Now no one will beat this post as there is even a summary of each line. You need to get a job doing the footy record or working for the local newspaper. Well done Chris love your work..

Now no one will beat this post as there is even a summary of each line. You need to get a job doing the footy record or working for the local newspaper. Well done Chris love your work..
Haha thanks mate.. I'm extremely lucky to do both.. who do you think would be coach of the year so far??

Haha thanks mate.. I'm extremely lucky to do both.. who do you think would be coach of the year so far??

To be honest mate I only keep a bit of an eye on the RDFL, as I live in a surrounding suburb. I follow an EDFL premier club and a VFL side. I have connections at both clubs. But if I was give you something, surely the Romsey coach would be hard to go past. I think he should have a crack in a higher competition next year...

Also, nipper plays for Macedon, but I know that is right player as probably best midfielder in league.

Boyall and Viani were standouts at Broadford last year, how far off is Boyall? Heard he had stress fractures in his foot...

Boyall/viani/pound would be great to watch!

Tessari is simply amazing with the ball..
I agree about Tessari, everytime I see him play he gets better and better.

No room for Petroro in there?

HB - Brett Chambers (Rupertswood), Teghan Henderson (Macedon), Ayden Tessari (Romsey)

To steal a phrase from Slyone whenever IMS would get on a roll like this ..... Freak :D

Top effort though Ledg you're one of the good ones and don't let anyone tell you otherwise

Boyall and Viani were standouts at Broadford last year, how far off is Boyall? Heard he had stress fractures in his foot...

Boyall/viani/pound would be great to watch!

I agree about Tessari, everytime I see him play he gets better and better.

No room for Petroro in there?
The joy with Romsey this year is that they are probably the most balanced team in the competition.. I heard by a great local icon after their game with Macedon that the club would judge their best 6 differently to how others would in the sense that they all play their roles and do so equally.. Chrissy is a champion player and one of the funniest guys you'll meet in this competition and I think he's played some great football, and those around him have stepped up.. so he may not stand out as much as he used to.. which is great for Deano because his team just keeps getting better with great depth.. what do you think?? :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The joy with Romsey this year is that they are probably the most balanced team in the competition.. I heard by a great local icon after their game with Macedon that the club would judge their best 6 differently to how others would in the sense that they all play their roles and do so equally.. Chrissy is a champion player and one of the funniest guys you'll meet in this competition and I think he's played some great football, and those around him have stepped up.. so he may not stand out as much as he used to.. which is great for Deano because his team just keeps getting better with great depth.. what do you think?? :)

How's Matty and Chris Burkett going this year? Top blokes who love getting the footy..

Surprised by the margin in Sunba v Riddell but I see H Wadden on team list and am sure even at his age 38? Hed still go ok.Also how long is Clarke out for Sunba as theyd be missing him

Clarke played for sunbury roos against riddell. Meecham was livid with there performance yesterday Aand rightfully so, riddell were awesome but the roos were horrific. riddell are hitting there straps now and if pauk sahlberg aint the best mid in the comp il eat my hat. my early tip for the bowen medal. Riddell's only problem maybe there depth, there reserves have lost a lot of players this year and they seem to be picking players from under 18s for depth. that in itself has made them dangerous tho as they have become young and move the ball a lot quicker than they were at the start of the year. There a lot younger side than I gave them credit for.

Clarke played for sunbury roos against riddell. Meecham was livid with there performance yesterday Aand rightfully so, riddell were awesome but the roos were horrific. riddell are hitting there straps now and if pauk sahlberg aint the best mid in the comp il eat my hat. my early tip for the bowen medal. Riddell's only problem maybe there depth, there reserves have lost a lot of players this year and they seem to be picking players from under 18s for depth. that in itself has made them dangerous tho as they have become young and move the ball a lot quicker than they were at the start of the year. There a lot younger side than I gave them credit for.

Panuchio and young Baker from Riddell are of standard dont worry about that. One of them days for Sunbury, generally everyone has one at some stage its how they bounce back that will be more important. Young Darbs looks back to his old self after 3-4 games now too which is good to see. I actually thought the little Fenton cameo thru the middle near half time worked well, 4 clearances for mine, two by hand two by foot and the 'Roos got a little bit of momentum going in but just couldn't get it on their terms early in the 3rd.
Hats off to Riddell, slow outa the blocks but Troy looks like he's got them going now. Good crowd too, was rapt to be able to catch an RDFL game as I had originally planned to go run water for the Kilmore sides before their fixture changed to Satdy.

Could be back to a genuine race of 5? 6th spot interesting now, Macedon might have to beat either Romsey, Diggers, Sunbury (or even 2) to hold Broadford who's only 50/50 is against Riddell. Both have a bye before 2 last games could be neck and neck :D

Cheers mate I deleted that post as last night the team lists on website had Wadden playing and no Clarke listed then after posting that query I looked at website again and Clarke was listed but not Wadden.So anyone know if Waddens gunna play seniors or just reserves?

Johnny Kernt is a gun and Philpott easy your best in comp ruckman both still able to play div 1/b grade edfl and dominate if not premier/a grade. heard they have both been enormous for Lancefield and Broady respective.

Mitchy Farmer on the move, seem him enjoying a few cafe lates of late with one edfl club unless my eyes deceive me and this handsome young chap is someone else who looks exactly like richmond star. watch this space.

Mitchy Farmer on the move, seem him enjoying a few cafe lates of late with one edfl club unless my eyes deceive me and this handsome young chap is someone else who looks exactly like richmond star. watch this space.

3-4 years at Romsey, premiership player done well financially too no doubt, let's be honest if they win it this year what else would he be expected to do? The question is was it his junior club Craigieburn who have tried the last couple of off seasons, or one of the other mobs where it's more write your own ticket as opposed to this is what we believe you're worth to us?

3-4 years at Romsey, premiership player done well financially too no doubt, let's be honest if they win it this year what else would he be expected to do? The question is was it his junior club Craigieburn who have tried the last couple of off seasons, or one of the other mobs where it's more write your own ticket as opposed to this is what we believe you're worth to us?

his old mob mate i heard but my reliable source might be wrong now is a good a time as any to get him back to DS..

Hey mate I listened to your call on Sunday at the footy, great call. Did I hear right in you saying that it's Troy scoble's last year coaching at riddell?

Hey mate I listened to your call on Sunday at the footy, great call. Did I hear right in you saying that it's Troy scoble's last year coaching at riddell?
Haha nah, didn't specifically say that but I wouldn't be surprised if that's so.. Scobes and the current committee have done so much for the Bombers.. they've all worked hard as a team and sacrificed a lot of time to the club at the expense of their family.. I have no doubt that Scobes is working hard to prepare the next generation of local young stars to lead the Bombers to future success.. the scary thing is though, these kids are playing some great football alongside a number of experienced stars that are proving unstoppable .. perhaps success could come to the team sooner than later .. the exciting thing about Sunday's result is that Ruff and Nolan didn't add to the score sheet until the third term, and they were 11 goals up.. and Haydn Ross went off the ground injured inside the first 10 minutes.. and they still produced that result against a very strong Kangaroo outfit..
In the junior department, look out for Jarryd 'Boof' Gardiner.. he's young, tall and athletic.. if he is at the Bombers in the next five years, he will be the next big thing in this competition.. mark my word :)

Could someone please outline the qualifying criteria for playing senior rdfl finals?Reason being I see Licuria clearance lodged on website and now surely the roos plan is to qualify?With time running out is he able to play 1sts and 2nds on one day thus locking away 2 qualifying games in 1 day?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back