News Richmond to wear Dreamtime jumper in support of Adam Goodes [Keep it here]

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why is it obviously? If its for staging, then he should boo Richmond players aswell
Are you drunk? What * would boo their own players? That's for the other fans to do. Sure it would be hypocritical for him to sook if they did though.

Will be interesting when he lines up for goal down at Geelong. Can they boo him to put him off or will they be labelled racists?
Everybody can do whatever they like. Nothing stopping them. The AFL has not said it will do anything. Anybody who wants to boo ... go ahead if it's so important. But I think a lot of people will not boo him every time he goes near the ball.

Ballantyne cops it every week. He just doesn't sook about it.

Nobody gives a s**t about hobbit persecution :thumbsdown:

Seriously, although I understand this is risky as it might cause divisive factions amongst supporters, I reckon this is brilliant by the RFC. Personally would be very proud if my club were to follow suit.

Everybody can do whatever they like. Nothing stopping them. The AFL has not said it will do anything. Anybody who wants to boo ... go ahead if it's so important. But I think a lot of people will not boo him every time he goes near the ball.
But theyre saying its racist to boo Adam Goodes. I'm just wondering if its racist if he's kicking for goal ala Pavlich on Saturday who was booed when kicking for goal in the last OR is it only racist on some occasions to boo?

But theyre saying its racist to boo Adam Goodes. I'm just wondering if its racist if he's kicking for goal ala Pavlich on Saturday who was booed when kicking for goal in the last OR is it only racist on some occasions to boo?

Boo your guts out if you want to. Decide for yourself. Don't let other people dictate to you. You don't need permission. Free country. As long as you know what you're doing. Do you?

Boo your guts out if you want to. Decide for yourself. Don't let other people dictate to you. You don't need permission. Free country. As long as you know what you're doing. Do you?
I'm not worried about me. I'm not going to boo him, just trying to see the logic behind it being racist. I can boo him till my hearts content and not worry about it being racist seems we are the same race ;)

Is it because of staging or not? If its just because he disliked staging it shouldn't matter.
You tool. Who gives a * if we get a few cheapies, as a fan it only concerns me if the opposition do. WTF mate. That's not racist, that's called being a fan.

I'm not worried about me. I'm not going to boo him, just trying to see the logic behind it being racist. I can boo him till my hearts content and not worry about it being racist seems we are the same race ;)
The world does not operate by logic .... never has, never will. The world operates mostly by emotion. ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm happy for Goodes to call for no more booing.
I just wish people would stop saying the booing is done with a racist mindset because clearly it isn't.
But anyway Carn the Tigers.
Unfortunately, some of it is and you are absolutely delusional if you think otherwise.

Goodes can get stuffed. He's a staging dirty campaigner who punches people in the nuts and just plays for frees everytime someone goes near him

couldnt give a toss if hes black or white (i dont boo him but dont care)
I actually have no problem with people who say stuff like what you just said (minus the nuts thing, if you saw the actual footage there was literally nothing in it). It's when I see posts that say stuff along the lines of "he's not booed because he's indigenous, he's booed because he's a dirty sniper." That is just not true. People boo him for different reasons, and the sad reality is that one of those reasons is racism. Same with people who say that everyone who is booing him are racists. That is just not true.

Last edited:
Anyway this is long past why Goodes is being booed. This is now about the hate he is receiving has taken enough of a mental toll to make have to take leave. Surely thats the point when people realize that its time to stop. If not for Goodes then for one of the dozens of players, coaches or officials that have asked the 'supporters' to stop. Surely there's one in there you respect enough to listen to.

Anyway this is long past why Goodes is being booed. This is now about the hate he is receiving has taken enough of a mental toll to make have to take leave. Surely thats the point when people realize that its time to stop. If not for Goodes then for one of the dozens of players, coaches or officials that have asked the 'supporters' to stop. Surely there's one in there you respect enough to listen to.
A player has received sustained victimisation from fans and doesn't believe they can continue playing because of it. The point is it doesn't matter why people were doing what they were doing, it's time to stop.

I fully believe people were doing it for non-racist reasons, but I also believe there were some people doing it for racist reasons. The time spent arguing over whether it's racist or not has just been stupid and they're finally dealing with the issue.

Will go out on a limb and say that this decision by RFC is going to re-focus the team on the rest of the season like nothing else could have done. Gone are the worries about the Freo game. Our club is at the forefront of the AFL in leadership. Our courage and strength of conviction and self-belief will get us across the line on Friday night. Might even get a Dreamtime jumper myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back