Prediction Changes for Melbourne (four changes this week, see OP for update, but Jamie's back!),

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Only if you are happy to limit his potential to a KPD. Kid has played the majority of his junior footy as a forward or mid. I don't understand why you're so set in you're opinion of Marsh.

Because Marsh would of got a Game Already IF he was able to play elsewhere

I can see where bucks is going with these changes. Playing a ruck as a forward to bring it down for the smalls. Personally wouldve rolled the dice on Reid instead and dropped a ruckman. Jesse white to pinch hit in the ruck. Seems to play better that way. Then bring in cloke once ready and we have a forward line again!

7 to 4 this Season Grundy’s way;)

Doesn't alter the fact that he's got 11 goals 14 behinds (44% conversion) across his career and has missed a few shocking set shots. The Richmond game comes to mind. Yet you're happy to kick shoit out of Witts because he's missed a couple yet he's going at 61% conversion.

Doesn't alter the fact that he's got 11 goals 14 behinds (44% conversion) across his career and has missed a few shocking set shots. The Richmond game comes to mind. Yet you're happy to kick shoit out of Witts because he's missed a couple yet he's going at 61% conversion.

I felt Grundy set shots have been good this year.

Didn’t Witts miss an Utter Shocker vs the Eagles? 15 and Straight in front?

I felt Grundy set shots have been good this year.

Didn’t Witts miss an Utter Shocker vs the Eagles? 15 and Straight in front?

And who did Faz centre the ball to against Richmond, 15 out straight in front?

And who ran through 50 a minute into the game last week and sprayed a shot from 45 without any pressure.

I swear Dave it's almost like you don't see the mistakes made by your favorites yet the same mistakes made by players you don't like consume you.

I think Dwyer and Young must come into consideration.

Both were again good in VFL last week. They deserve a call up. Dwyer in particular is a proven gun as a sub so I'd play him in this role, and I think we need one of Seedsman or young in the side for a bit more pace. Seedsman needs another week at VFL, so give young his shot.

I'd happily drop Blair, Kennedy, Oxley and witts.

Witts should've dominated against a midget team but didn't. Grundy clearly showed him up.

In their place comes Adams, Dwyer, young and scharenberg/marsh.

I think we are. Little top heavy with witts, Grundy, Moore and white.

In also happy to bring Reid in. I think playing on crap wet grounds doesn't do him many favours. The good conditions against a Melbourne would benefit him I say

I think you get the prize for the closest guess :)

Am I in the twilight zone? Bucks has dropped all your BF whipping boys - White, Kennedy and Blair - after we have lost five in a row!

All three put ZERO defensive pressure on the Bulldogs last week. Watching midget Daniel running away from Blair and Kennedy must have made Bucks cringe.

Clearly, this is a 'horses for courses' selected team. Moore can't be dropped after five goals - which embarrassed senior player White's efforts. Grundy and Witts are the future and those that ridicule either of them have little idea about developing talls in the AFL.

Scharenburg and Marsh are current replacements for Brown and Frost (which of them do you want dropped?) I hope both those players continue their learning curve and recovery from serious injuries in the VFL this year before huge pre seasons.

Moore was played in defence in the VFL to teach him to be a defensive forward as Fasolo was last year. Btw, Fasolo is the one player I think is very lucky to be in the side after last weeks effort.

The axe could have been swung at other players than those dropped. I am glad Bucks has taken action. Seedsman will have no one else but himself to blame if he gets traded at the end of the season given the opportunities he is being gifted. I suspect he will be the sub.

Lmao - White, Kennedy and Blair dropped and the majority here are complaining...wtf have i been reading for the past year?

AND, yes, toward the end of a rigorous AFL season, players who have played less than 50 games get really tired that's why there are blowouts sometimes with young sides. Oxley is being rested. De Goey and others will need time management as the season progresses too. Get used to it. I'll be surprised if Grundy and Witts have the tank to play every game. So when Grundy needs a rest and White comes back in this board is going to explode lol.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Am I in the twilight zone? Bucks has dropped all your BF whipping boys - White, Kennedy and Blair - after we have lost five in a row!

All three put ZERO defensive pressure on the Bulldogs last week. Watching midget Daniel running away from Blair and Kennedy must have made Bucks cringe.

Clearly, this is a 'horses for courses' selected team. Moore can't be dropped after five goals - which embarrassed senior player White's efforts. Grundy and Witts are the future and those that ridicule either of them have little idea about developing talls in the AFL.

Scharenburg and Marsh are current replacements for Brown and Frost (which of them do you want dropped?) I hope both those players continue their learning curve and recovery from serious injuries in the VFL this year before huge pre seasons.

Moore was played in defence in the VFL to teach him to be a defensive forward as Fasolo was last year. Btw, Fasolo is the one player I think is very lucky to be in the side after last weeks effort.

The axe could have been swung at other players than those dropped. I am glad Bucks has taken action. Seedsman will have no one else but himself to blame if he gets traded at the end of the season given the opportunities he is being gifted. I suspect he will be the sub.

Lmao - White, Kennedy and Blair dropped and the majority here are complaining...wtf have i been reading for the past year?

AND, yes, toward the end of a rigorous AFL season, players who have played less than 50 games get really tired that's why there are blowouts sometimes with young sides. Oxley is being rested. De Goey and others will need time management as the season progresses too. Get used to it. I'll be surprised if Grundy and Witts have the tank to play every game. So when Grundy needs a rest and White comes back in this board is going to explode lol.
Lovely post.

The reality is Marsh is Goldsack size DTM and not really suited to playing KPD in the AFL right now until he puts on some more weight or shows a Josh Gibson like ability.

It still doesn't explain though why he hasn't gotten an opportunity in place of someone like Goldsack, Seedsman, Toovey or Maynard or been tried in a different position.

Come next year hopefully we might see him developed in a different area of the ground to give him greater chance of breaking into the AFL side.

Might end up a good swing man.

Going to be a really tough week for Moore.
nothing like throwing him in the deep end.
I know nothing about structures and strategy but I'd be inclined to play Moore further up the ground if Elliott is fit and use the leading of Elliott, Fasolo and Swan/Pendles.
That's what I was thinking - a ruck from the square with Elliott and Fasolo playing behind Moore.

Seedsman has pictures. I'm telling you he has pictures.

More like Buckley's message to Seedsman and Dwyer ...

... There's a contract extension waiting for one of them on the other side of this game.

Only if you are happy to limit his potential to a KPD. Kid has played the majority of his junior footy as a forward or mid. I don't understand why you're so set in you're opinion of Marsh.

He'd do well in Goldsacks current role you'd think. A better defensive,marking and line breaking third tall. Less penetrating kick but Goldsacks kicking is hardly a strength of late.

The reality is Marsh is Goldsack size DTM and not really suited to playing KPD in the AFL right now until he puts on some more weight or shows a Josh Gibson like ability.

It still doesn't explain though why he hasn't gotten an opportunity in place of someone like Goldsack, Seedsman, Toovey or Maynard or been tried in a different position.

Come next year hopefully we might see him developed in a different area of the ground to give him greater chance of breaking into the AFL side.

Might end up a good swing man.
I can't see Marsh coming in for either Goldsack or Toovey this year. If Sharenberg and Marsh come in for those two it leaves us too inexperienced down back and as a poster (markt2??) pointed out, would be down right irresponsible.

Sounds like there was typo with Oxley.
It should have read resisted.

So, the match committee would likely be Bucks, Balme, Harvey [and the three field coaches]?
Not saying they should be above criticism, but that's a lot of footy knowledge.
I just don't understand how selection at this point in the team's evolution causes this level of angst every week.

What are you talking about? Scharenberg is not a key position player, and Marsh is no taller than Goldsack. Whilst Marsh has been playing key position in the VFL, there's no reason he couldn't play as a medium/tall defender in the Goldsack/Toovey mould.

Selection committee going all or nothing again. Still not as bad as dropping Keeffe when we had nobody to play on Carlisle against the Bombers not so long ago......that one was pure undeniable stupidity.

What are you talking about? Scharenberg is not a key position player, and Marsh is no taller than Goldsack. Whilst Marsh has been playing key position in the VFL, there's no reason he couldn't play as a medium/tall defender in the Goldsack/Toovey mould.
He'd be a great swap for Toovey at the moment

So, the match committee would likely be Bucks, Balme, Harvey [and the three field coaches]?
Not saying they should be above criticism, but that's a lot of footy knowledge.
I just don't understand how selection at this point in the team's evolution causes this level of angst every week.

I think Tapping would be there as well, to give an in depth report on how the VFL boys went

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back