Autopsy Post Game discussion Pies strangle Cats 110-62

Remove this Banner Ad

He was our worst player tonight. For one of our experienced guys in his prime he just doesn't do enough and what he does do is not damaging enough. Still valuable as depth but next year it will be disappointing if he's still best 22 and hasn't been overtaken.
That's what the team has to work towards [on a few fronts, with 'loyal servants' becoming depth].

The only player other than Blair to disappoint was Scharenberg. He looks slow and loose in the backline. If we lose him as seems likely what can we realistically expect in return on form shown so far in his career?

From every other respect the win highlighted some unexpectedly good performances from Maynard and Greenwood, whose tussle with Selwood was a highlight. Crisp bounced back with a strong performance and Adams forced me to reassess his worth as a player. Grundy showed why he needs to play as solo ruck while DeGoey appears an inspired early draft pick now. Reid, Brown and Williams were very effective in defence. Frost and Toovey will be playing a lot of VFL next year if both are still at the club.

Menzel was impressive for Geelong. Otherwise one of the most most satisfying wins under Buckley from the team.

Good morning all.
I just had the strangest dream
We played Geelong and our boys were hitting targets lace out.
At one stage we had kicked 7 goals straight. No behinds. LOL ridiculous.
Players were holding their tackles.
We weren't conceding easy goals on the rebound
We actually spanked the Cats
Was one of the most realistic dreams I've had. But what gave it away as obviously being a dream
The umpiring was quite good.

Good morning all.
Was one of the most realistic dreams I've had. But what gave it away as obviously being a dream
I had one similar. I knew it couldn't be reality when we were tackling well - and these tackles were being rewarded by the umps! Not to mention exceptional field kicking. Not my Collingwood :D

Good morning all.
Surely not. What did you eat for dinner?

The only player other than Blair to disappoint was Scharenberg. He looks slow and loose in the backline. If we lose him as seems likely what can we realistically expect in return on form shown so far in his career?
From every other respect the win highlighted some unexpectedly good performances from Maynard and Greenwood, whose tussle with Selwood was a highlight. Crisp bounced back with a strong performance and Adams forced me to reassess his worth as a player. Grundy showed why he needs to play as solo ruck while DeGoey appears an inspired early draft pick now. Reid, Brown and Williams were very effective in defence. Frost and Toovey will be playing a lot of VFL next year if both are still at the club.
Menzel was impressive for Geelong. Otherwise one of the most most satisfying wins under Buckley from the team.

I think the number 12 is staying around, from recent reports, so he will have at least a couple of seasons to finds his way [and grow on us].

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And to think that Knightmare dude who a lot of people seem to hang off every word and assessment he makes said Reid cant play down back because he has lost his kicking skills

Think Reidy put that to bed tonight with no Knightmares

Reid's kicking tonight was sublime.

Just want to give a big shout out to my good friend Shpeshal Ed,.......suck great big fart you negative aresewip.

And to think that Knightmare dude who a lot of people seem to hang off every word and assessment he makes said Reid cant play down back because he has lost his kicking skills

Think Reidy put that to bed tonight with no Knightmares

Lol. He's stated that he /thinks/ Reid has lost the penetration in his kicking, I've never seen him say it definitively. Even tonight he definitely didn't pass it like he used to, the ball noticeably hangs in the air a lot longer than it used to.

Big echo in here tonight. I told you we would win easily ton
Lol. He's stated that he /thinks/ Reid has lost the penetration in his kicking, I've never seen him say it definitively. Even tonight he definitely didn't pass it like he used to, the ball noticeably hangs in the air a lot longer than it used to.

Reid's kicking was a class above anything he has produced for a long time. NM got it wrong on this occasion.

I respectfully disagree after being at the game and now just finished watching the replay at home his 50-60 metre darts are as good as they have ever been..
The only time they hung in the air was when he weighted them

I don't know if anyone heard but all the elder geelong players will "make there own call" if they're to retire or not. I don't know if it was said in the coverage but I seem to have heard it somewhere..

I don't know if anyone heard but all the elder geelong players will "make there own call" if they're to retire or not. I don't know if it was said in the coverage but I seem to have heard it somewhere..
Wasn't mentioned. Surprisingly they didn't say one word about Geelongs older players. Also considering what Menzel has been through you would have thought they may have said something about it but they didn't even mention it. Commentators just called the game and gave insightful analysis. They were totally impartial as well. Super professional call

A week really is a long time in football. Thought Greenwood gave Selwood a fair old hiding, loved that he got rewarded with a goal late. Sidebottom, Adams, Crisp, young de Goey all great.
We did really well limiting the influence of Mackie, Bartel and Johnson.

Young Menzel played really well in his comeback, Cockatoo played his best game for the cats.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back