Roast The media....*Shakes Head* Part 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

No they r using "not giving in" and before u say but we don't own it blah blah we made.it ours nobody else uses it till we do

We ripped off Cheer, Cheer from South Melbourne and the Newcastle Jets were using NTUA years before us.

Let's simmer down a bunch.

Jesus, it's a song. We should be pleased that people have recognised how good our pre game is. As mentioned, we have copied others. We should probably relax a little.

The offence over non-issues is gradually approaching Tumblr user levels.

'Don't label me a Port Power supporter, you white, cis scum! That triggers me'.

ITS A WHARF PYLON NOT A PRISONBAR

The offence over non-issues is gradually approaching Tumblr user levels.

'Don't label me a Port Power supporter, you white, cis scum! That triggers me'.

on the flipside, nobody is allowed to show annoyance anymore... seriously when i heard them using it on fox footy i was annoyed, lucky i didn't post about it on a tuesday morning tho cos the anti-tumblr cis triggers or whatever that all means come out to post :D

on the flipside, nobody is allowed to show annoyance anymore... seriously when i heard them using it on fox footy i was annoyed, lucky i didn't post about it on a tuesday morning tho cos the anti-tumblr cis triggers or whatever that all means come out to post :D
I know that technically it's not our song, but my heart says it bloody well is.:mad:

The question of Freo wanting to rest 11 players came up on "Talking Footy". Tim Watson didn't like it and said Port shouldn't agree to it as it would affect the gate and quality of the final game.
But it was more their second discussion where the new law of game integrity seemed to apply. They were talking about a case where North Melbourne may rest a few so that they do not have to travel in finals. Trent Cotchin said that this was a good idea for them and compared it to the Freo case but he did not seem to be able to grasp the concept that it entails manipulation of positions and is one of the bigger naughties that the AFL wants to stamp out.
The AFL are saying they'll talk with all clubs in both games before making a decision but really if they let either team get away with it then they're going to look incredibly stupid having made a rule to prevent one situation and then just as easily ignoring it.

That Mark Stevens goose started off by saying that North would be better off losing against Richmond on Friday because winning might mean they have to meet the Crows in Adelaide. For that to happen not only would Crows need to win (reasonably likely), but so would Brisbane against the Dogs - highly UNlikely. A Kangas win would more likely send Richmond to Adelaide.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That Mark Stevens goose started off by saying that North would be better off losing against Richmond on Friday because winning might mean they have to meet the Crows in Adelaide. For that to happen not only would Crows need to win (reasonably likely), but so would Brisbane against the Dogs - highly UNlikely. A Kangas win would more likely send Richmond to Adelaide.

Richmond certainly have more on the line than North. North just need to get through and will either cop Richmond again or the dogs.
I'm not sure if I'd want to be showing too much of my hand if I was North or Richmond but the tigers will definitely want to avoid going to AO for a final.
It is a hard one in the last week to judge.

Was it Mark Stevens? I must be getting my d***heads confused. I thought it was Trent "hey, let's kick into the wind" Cotchin.

Listening to 3AW podcast from yesterday the bottom 4 of the 8 are a big chance to win it. I just don't see it. Richmond are on fire they reckon, but what of their chokes of the last 2 years. Mentally they'll shot forever if they loose again in the first week. Although the bulldogs are a good chance especially at Etiad in the first week, they were hammered a few weeks ago in Perth. The crows apparently are the hottest team in town at the moment beating all before them including a "convincing" win against Port (Last time I checked a 3 point victory was considered a close game) according to Dwayne. It might feel like 97 and 98 for the tingles but they will likely have to win in 3 different states. From memory they have had some convincing losses interstate this year, so they'll be crying as one early on. North I'm not sure about, but they did alright last year so you never know. Inside these clubs you'd be hoping they would have the mantra of 1 week at a time as they are all 1 loss from it all being over.

2 of 5-8 will be gone in week 1, that is a guarantee.
Week 2 you get either Perth, Sydney or Hawks at the G on a 6 day break.
Win that and you again get to go to Perth, Sydney or Hawks at the G against a team with a weeks break.

While it is possible, I still would play the odds of 2 of the top 4 getting through.

Was it Mark Stevens? I must be getting my d***heads confused. I thought it was Trent "hey, let's kick into the wind" Cotchin.

Pretty sure it was Stevens's opening topic and then Cotchin also touched on it in his segment. Anyway, lets hope Geelong does the right thing by it's retiring heroes and no one has to travel to Adelaide.

No they r using "not giving in" and before u say but we don't own it blah blah we made.it ours nobody else uses it till we do
To be fair, the AFL are using it not Channel 7.

Every year at this time of year the scribes over rate the 5-8 teams only for them to get flogged in finals.

See Richmond last year

Even after week one of the finals when the winning 5-8 teams look a million bucks and the losing 1-4 teams look awful.

There's a reason only a few teams have gone out in straight sets since the current system was implemented in 2000.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back