RDFL Season 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
if only they just fell out of the sky mate
they will find it even harder if players wont commit to the club if they stay in Riddell the players will just go else where and its hard for the players who live in The Northern Suburbs hence why they wanted to go that direction as i said RDFL still going to lose a club kil,ore should go into recess as a protest ;)

I didn't know the clubs voted on this blue boy. But I honestly hope the blues stick it out. Changing leagues will not fix problems. From an outsider I think the club needs a mover and shaker to step in, get the town back onboard and have a real go
Sounds to me like they need to enlist your services there Deano!

Ideal world everyone I am sure wants to see the RDFL's strong community culture and town v town rivalry which Kilmore has been apart of for such a long time remain. I think it is very dangerous though to have other clubs who would not even be able to imagine the experience of a Kilmore making judgements or voting on Kilmore's situation. That is not the clubs fault either they are just asked should they stay or go by the league, some people who may have been at this meeting may be first time presidents, or only on a committee for a couple of years and if your on a committee at a top end club it is nothing to the bottom end I am sure. I think Mongrels comments have merit, changing leagues is not the fixer, clubs have bigger issues that require fixing beyond changing a league, I mean what if they change, and these guys in a 12 months leave their club, what then. Be great to say ok players we will change leagues but your tied to us for the next 3 years to make it work, then you would see how many players still want to be apart of it. It is a very complex issue it seems, however from what is coming out of Kilmore, if taken on face value staying in the league is death, atleast for a year or few. On this occasion, it is clear the community through several attempts is not embracing there footy club, amazing but that seems to be the case and its a sad situation for all involved and I am sure the small number of people who want it to flourish and probably love the RDFL but can't see it happening..

I didn't know the clubs voted on this blue boy. But I honestly hope the blues stick it out. Changing leagues will not fix problems. From an outsider I think the club needs a mover and shaker to step in, get the town back onboard and have a real go
I'm hearing that the manager of a local financial institution is already onboard.

I found this really interesting. To me it makes sense to let them move. 12 teams, no byes and one less non-competitive game with twos pulling out. I can't understand why our clubs would try to block the move. If they think it is best for them, let them go. They are a great club with heaps of history so I hope they can find their feet again. How do others think our clubs will vote?
Deano agree with you it was only 12 months ago a lot commenting on this forum told broadford to pull there finger out and not take the easy road out and the same now are saying the opposite . Kyneton got some movers and shakers in as you say Deano and turned it around I would love to know why a move where games are further away are going to fix the current issues it doesn't make sense what is the plan Kilmore have that will rectify them moving would be interested to know..

s l, it is clear the community through several attempts is not embracing there footy club, amazing but that seems to be the case and its a sad situation for all involved .

I work with a guy that was a Kilmore junior as was his brother but both play at a nearby rdfl rival

Wonder how many ex Kilmore juniors are doing the same thing

I work with a guy that was a Kilmore junior as was his brother but both play at a nearby rdfl rival

Wonder how many ex Kilmore juniors are doing the same thing

I can think of quite a few, it would be in the teens. Then add to kids playing at seymour and whittlesea and you could make a team

Deano agree with you it was only 12 months ago a lot commenting on this forum told broadford to pull there finger out and not take the easy road out and the same now are saying the opposite . Kyneton got some movers and shakers in as you say Deano and turned it around I would love to know why a move where games are further away are going to fix the current issues it doesn't make sense what is the plan Kilmore have that will rectify them moving would be interested to know..
In 2007 I was coaching Lalor in the Northern League, Wallan was also in the Northern League at that time, it was painful for me to watch this once proud & successful club being smashed by 30 goals most weeks, I certainly didn't get any enjoyment as the opposition coach seeing my old side struggle, they were lost & in the wrong environment, at the end of 2007 I was approached to return to Wallan, where I had once played & coached. After meeting with the board my question to them was this; if your lucky enough to win a premiership in second division, how are you going to compete in first division? If you return to the RDFL I will return. In 2008 we played finals, Wallan belongs in the RDFL & so does Kilmore, moving leagues will not help the club. I honestly wish them all the best, it's tough trying to run any club these days, let alone a club who is struggling like Kilmore. I hope the club pulls through!

I can't for the life of me understand how presidents of other clubs can play God with another clubs future.
If Kilmore think it's best to move to the NFL I say let them go and see for themselves.
Kilmore know what's best for their club, other presidents don't.
The only reason they won't let Kilmore go IMO is for their own clubs gain
Not right !!!!!

I can't for the life of me understand how presidents of other clubs can play God with another clubs future.
If Kilmore think it's best to move to the NFL I say let them go and see for themselves.
Not right !!!!!

100% spot on. I wish nothing more than for the Kilmore footy club to find what it needs to turn it around. it needs players, volunteers, ex players back, supporters and the town to get behind. for too long its been the bastard of kilmore behind ACK. ACK does nothing to encourage players to continue playing footy in kilmore. a change may not fix it, but they wont even know if they dont try but if it helps keep 10-15 players and brings back another 10-15. then surely it will spread and grow over next couple of seasons.

Not right !!!!!

Spot on skip

Moving leagues is a big move and particularly moving to the NFL where the money required to compete is greater than the rdfl.

What will happen with the Kilmore juniors? Will they remain in the RDFL?

The netball side of the club now becomes another midweek comp so what impact will that have on the fabric of the club.

How will it go when the under 18s are playing at different grounds and resources have to be split given lack of support is one of the reasons mentioned.

Maybe if Kilmore had been upfront with the league and clubs they may have got more support for the move from clubs. The rdfl have carried kilmores debts for several seasons and now Kilmore want to move they miraculously produce the money?

I hope that in making the decision to move leagues they have done their due diligence and the move is not just the whim of the president, coach and major sponsor as a number of Kilmore people have suggested.Have the Kilmore people spoken with Wallan people re their experiences in the NFL?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Moving leagues is a big move and particularly moving to the NFL where the money required to compete is greater than the rdfl.

What will happen with the Kilmore juniors? Will they remain in the RDFL?

The netball side of the club now becomes another midweek comp so what impact will that have on the fabric of the club.

How will it go when the under 18s are playing at different grounds and resources have to be split given lack of support is one of the reasons mentioned.

Maybe if Kilmore had been upfront with the league and clubs they may have got more support for the move from clubs. The rdfl have carried kilmores debts for several seasons and now Kilmore want to move they miraculously produce the money?

I hope that in making the decision to move leagues they have done their due diligence and the move is not just the whim of the president, coach and major sponsor as a number of Kilmore people have suggested.Have the Kilmore people spoken with Wallan people re their experiences in the NFL?

Not too sure if these so called Kilmore people would know , because the president and the major sponsor plus about 4 other people are actually really the only Kilmore people who do any work at the club so maybe that number of people could get on board and help the other people out and they may just keep the doors open which I really hope they do. I'm part of the northern league and not sold that it is the answer mainly because top div 1 clubs spend 250-350. But I do applaud them for at least trying something

Not too sure if these so called Kilmore people would know , because the president and the major sponsor plus about 4 other people are actually really the only Kilmore people who do any work at the club so maybe that number of people could get on board and help the other people out and they may just keep the doors open which I really hope they do. I'm part of the northern league and not sold that it is the answer mainly because top div 1 clubs spend 250-350. But I do applaud them for at least trying something

Jeez that's nothing tagmein the Caruso brothers command that as a sign on!

good to see Kilmore has started a Petition asking RDFL clubs to reverse their decision :)

Tagmein the div one sides in the NFL may spend 250k plus but I don't think Kilmore would even have div 1 in their thoughts ,from the outside I reckon they would be thinking a long the lines of just be competitive and win a few games in div 3 to try and get some interest back in the club and hopefully few more people putting their hands up to do some work around the club

I'm tipping it will be the Swindell's who are at Lancefield. The RDFL is a very cannibalistic league.

Collis brothers at Wallan/Bonnie Doon are another pair. Changing leagues isn't going to simply change the culture and have blokes streaming back through the door all because they can sniff a few wins in a poor standard competition of football. Your good talent with time will not want to play the poor standard and continue to leave so what will they do then? The guys in the past have left for multiple reasons over the years, a lot based around administration issues from all reports.

Wally Marrett was a major issue and unfortunately no accountability has been made by him or his committee now or at the time rectify the past.

Perhaps look at resolving the issues first and then make a balanced decision on what the future holds.

Where do you get that figure about the Div 1 clubs? It was reported in the D1 thread with confirmed accuracy that Boro and Macleod spend between 100-150k and they were the best performing teams this year.

I dare say a Div 3 side wouldn't be paying more than 80k plus whereas there would be quiet a few in the RDFL.

Where do you get that figure about the Div 1 clubs? It was reported in the D1 thread with confirmed accuracy that Boro and Macleod spend between 100-150k and they were the best performing teams this year.

I dare say a Div 3 side wouldn't be paying more than 80k plus whereas there would be quiet a few in the RDFL.

Don't believe everything you read and half of what you hear guru div 1 have been spending at least what tags has quoted for the last 12 years at least, most players are tradies or alike and you want to cover your wage so on average you would be looking at 10k-15k a week to run a team div 1 and that would be cheap

Collis brothers at Wallan/Bonnie Doon are another pair. Changing leagues isn't going to simply change the culture and have blokes streaming back through the door all because they can sniff a few wins in a poor standard competition of football. Your good talent with time will not want to play the poor standard and continue to leave so what will they do then? The guys in the past have left for multiple reasons over the years, a lot based around administration issues from all reports.

Wally Marrett was a major issue and unfortunately no accountability has been made by him or his committee now or at the time rectify the past.

Perhaps look at resolving the issues first and then make a balanced decision on what the future holds.

Well the difference of standard in NFL Divvy 3 compared to the leagues alot of the players leave to is no worse. Honestly its gonna be tough regardless of what happens but everyone whether its players, volunteers, supporters, sponsors everyone is going to have to jump on board work hard and work together to turn it around. There is no magic wand

Well the difference of standard in NFL Divvy 3 compared to the leagues alot of the players leave to is no worse. Honestly its gonna be tough regardless of what happens but everyone whether its players, volunteers, supporters, sponsors everyone is going to have to jump on board work hard and work together to turn it around. There is no magic wand

going to be interesting read in Ballarat Courier AFL GOLDFIELDS considering Combining Riddell DFL under 16.5 with Ballarat Juniors under 16.5 for 2017
one of the teams is Kilmore imagine if the seniors had got into Northern Football league lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back