2015/16 Pre-Season Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I saw Eddie Betts running around the River Torrens yesterday at 6.30pm. I am about 90% sure as it caught me by surprise. He was by himself and gave me a big cheeky smile on the way past. Surely he would have trained earlier in the day. Eddie must be doing extra training and if so he can't be questioned on his attitude and motivation. He could be in for big year and more midfield time.

I think I saw Eddie Betts running around the River Torrens yesterday at 6.30pm. I am about 90% sure as it caught me by surprise. He was by himself and gave me a big cheeky smile on the way past. Surely he would have trained earlier in the day. Eddie must be doing extra training and if so he can't be questioned on his attitude and motivation. He could be in for big year and more midfield time.
It had been posted before that because we were spending so many sessions on skills training that Birdmans plan involved a lot of the conditioning work to be done on the players own time. Might be that.

I like it. Eddie's hands are so good in the middle - and his speed of thinking is First class.

Love that we have lots of guys pushing for the midfield rotations. Will be important with no sub for injured players in 2016.
That speed and first few steps of his will be a thing to watch if he does get more midfield time this year.

Is anyone not playing midfield this season?

In all seriousness I reckon that a few players will get extra midfield minutes. My gut feel is that there's going to be a lot more defensive workload from the midfielders and with limited rotations we'll need a more even spread and greater bit support.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Heppell and Watson
inshtc.jpg

Boy is there some holes in this journos work.....

Can someone tell him Scott Thompson of the Adelaide variety actually played in 2015!

http://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/ft_player_rankings?year=2015&rt=LT&st=CP

http://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/ft_player_rankings?year=2015&rt=LT&st=CL

He's on the right track, and potentially onto something, but it is very poorly written. Very much a fluff piece and the direction of the sentences change halfway through.

Shame a positive spin article on us for once, is so poorly written.

Its great that the bulk of our players have or potentially have the fitness to be considered for the stints in the midfield. It will make us very, very hard to match up on, with players constantly swapping through the midfield and fwd lines, causing mis matches and confusion amongst the opposition's defence. We should also have the ability to burn off opposition teams both stamina and speed.

As long as we always have some first choice midfielders in the middle our clearance work should be as damaging, if not more damaging than ever.

Think all this talk of Cameron and now Eddie to the midfield could mean that Menzel will be playing as one of our main small forwards.

Eddie had the occasional burst through the midfield last year and on many occasions positioned himself at HB at the centre bounce

I think Eddie realises even to play as a small forward he needs to be as fit as he can be so he can work his opponent up and down the ground

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back