Roast The media....*Shakes Head* Part 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't know why we'd sanction the use of our jumper like that to do the Crows a favour... Understandable that we said no

And have you read some of the comments on that story, some of them actually think we shouldn't be refusing as we don't have the history of that jumper! One of the posters with that opinion was none other than LL. Wonder who that might be?

Still laughing at this. AS IF they even considered this. I can't fathom the ridiculousness either.

I would have killed to be a fly on a wall to see KTs facial expression when he found out about this.
I don't know, might of been worth it to imagine what notso would of looked like knowing he'd just ok'd buying 20+ Port guernseys

The Crows were going to organise a women's showdown and dress one of the teams in power gear even though we had nothing to do with the team.

Goodness me. Who's the ideas man at that joint, because

I don't know, might of been worth it to imagine what notso would of looked like knowing he'd just ok'd buying 20+ Port guernseys

You can bet they would have put AFC sponsors on the guernseys too.

Seriously, the brains trust down at that club is bewildering. I can understand someone raising the idea while brainstorming stuff but how it got past 'Port would never go for that' is the stupefying bit it to me.

Never mind the entire pointlessness of promoting a Crows V Port female showdown where the Port isn't really Port at all. What a completely hollow gesture.

Then there is the complete lack of ability to take a reasonably shitty idea and at the very least approach the PAFC and see if we are able and or willing to provide a team to play an actual meaningful female showdown where both sides represent the colours they wear.

The only explaination is they went with the 'screw Port' mentality and decided they could steal our IP to promote a female version of the game that deserved waaaay more respect than what they proposed.

idiots...lol.

There's something in this I reckon. There's definitely a certain personality type that is attracted to rebelling against the machine.

Media bias going against us does annoy me, but if the media treated us like they treat the Crows it would drive me mental.
There's also a bunch that just don't want to be associated with the likes of Cornes, KG, Jars and Rowe and their sycophantic ways. It embarrassing.

Last edited:
Couldn't we just offer them a game with our girls Est. 2003? would seem a pretty easy solution
Yeah but the Crows as always are more concerned with not giving us a leg up than actually getting ahead themselves.

Plus they would have to pay for extra Ambos for all the Grannies that would keel over at the sight of the prison bars at Crows home game

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lol what the f@#k?!

"Dear Bitter Rival,

I know we just voted against your perfectly logical and just request for a top-up player but could you do us a solid and let us use your IP in a mock showdown where the gurl poortz get hammered harder than the Washington Generals so that we can strengthen our bid for the Women's AFL licence.

Sincerely yours,

Nige and Fages

P.S. 119"

Still laughing at this. AS IF they even considered this. I can't fathom the ridiculousness either.

I would have killed to be a fly on a wall to see KTs facial expression when he found out about this.

It would've been stage managed like everything else they do too. Can actually imagine them picking sides based on stereotypes and having a bunch of unhealthy looking, tattooed single mums walking out of the race in Port colours, arguing and fighting with each other over who's man is who's. Then the lights dim, and a stunning group of blonde haired, blue eyed, chiselled, statuesque women in crows kit stride onto the field in perfect unison to sound of Wagner's 'Ride Of The Valkyries' blaring from the stadium sound system.

Port email members Ollie's contract extension.
2 days later the cro'vertiser has 6 articles on us !!!
Not 1 not 2.....345 but 6(;)). PAFC shoving it up Penberthy & co by breaking the news online and sidelining them.
Ollie trolling he's modelling parts of his game on Paddy Dee to keep their wounded pride fresh in their minds.
Right now we're playing them off a break
Sign of desperation? Wait until they're owen 4 5 6 7 or 8 :D

There's something in this I reckon. There's definitely a certain personality type that is attracted to rebelling against the machine.

Media bias going against us does annoy me, but if the media treated us like they treat the Crows it would drive me mental.
Nothing beats the 'us against them'

It just so happens, us is more than them now though :thumbsu:

The Crows were going to organise a women's showdown and dress one of the teams in power gear even though we had nothing to do with the team.

Has to be Nige. Not satisfied with trying to steal the state guernsey, he has to try to hijack the BiB. The sense of entitlement is worthy of Le Fevre Terrace.

Port email members Ollie's contract extension.
2 days later the cro'vertiser has 6 articles on us !!!
Not 1 not 2.....345 but 6(;)). PAFC shoving it up Penberthy & co by breaking the news online and sidelining them.
Ollie trolling he's modelling parts of his game on Paddy Dee to keep their wounded pride fresh in their minds.
Right now we're playing them off a break

Sign of desperation? Wait until they're owen 4 5 6 7 or 8 :D

LMAO, much needed publicity, what the hell are they smoking at Triple M?

Lol what the f@#k?!

"Dear Bitter Rival,

I know we just voted against your perfectly logical and just request for a top-up player but could you do us a solid and let us use your IP in a mock showdown where the gurl poortz get hammered harder than the Washington Generals so that we can strengthen our bid for the Women's AFL licence.

Sincerely yours,

Nige and Fages

P.S. 119"

Made me LOL

Lol what the f@#k?!

"Dear Bitter Rival,

Sincerely yours,

Nige and Fages

P.S. 119"

Who needs Trigg?

As long as you ignore the author thinking our history started in 2007.

Also if you think it's positive why put it in the Shakes head thread? Surely the Nods head thread would be the one?

It's not so much an article as a fan blog, and a poorly written one at that.

Lol what the f@#k?!

"Dear Bitter Rival,

Sincerely yours,

Nige and Fages

P.S. 119"

Close to POTY

.... although the scissor sisters image is still burned into my memory !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back