• Adelaide 40+

Votes: 13 7.9%
  • WB 40+

Votes: 5 3.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Basically admitted that he still has salty tears from 97 and 98. That's fine but to have hatred for us is a joke. They had their chance for revenge in 98 and yet choked badly and we tore them a new one.

The Eagles bashed us in two prelims but sadly they were the better team.
Better team of methamphetamine users at half time perhaps.

Next 4 weeks make or break our season I reckon.

Yes the draw gets easier later on, but the team could lose quite a bit of confidence if we can't match it with Top 6 teams. Every chance we could win or lose all 4 games. Massive difference between say 7-3 and 5-5.

Even Gold Coast @ Metricon could be tricky.

Win away against a strong opponent really gives us legitimacy. So far been gallant against North and Hawks but couldn't find a way to get over the line. Richmond win looking standard considering they stink.

Dogs have shown they are damn competitive even with a number of players missing. Teams haven't been able to play free flowing football against them and that's our strength, will be a great test.

Yes the draw gets easier later on, but the team could lose quite a bit of confidence if we can't match it with Top 6 teams. Every chance we could win or lose all 4 games. Massive difference between say 7-3 and 5-5.

Win away against a strong opponent really gives us legitimacy. So far been gallant against North and Hawks but couldn't find a way to get over the line. Richmond win looking standard considering they stink.

Dogs have shown they are damn competitive even with a number of players missing. Teams haven't been able to play free flowing football against them and that's our strength, will be a great test.
I think GC should be easy going by the cats game.

Just watching Pyke's most recent presser and at some stage one of the so called "journo's" mentions replacing Laird with Henderson because it's a like for like swap. On what freaking planet is Henderson like Laird?

not sure you can say that our confidence levels after one or two key wins vs key losses could define our season and then go on to say "we know Richmond are crap now" as if our beating them couldn't have had anything to do with their confidence in the following games.

one week at a time, we're playing good footy and going into each game looking for a win - while NOT going to panic stations when we lose. I think Pyke especially knows we're in a learning phase and he's getting the effort he wants out of all the players and giving them confidence to learn by doing and occasionally failing.

we're well placed in my opinion, and won't be shot if we get to 5-5.

Gold Coast should be straightforward as they're missing most of their backline.

I expect us to beat Geelong comfortably as well on our home deck

Really important game this one.
If we want to be taken seriously, and actually deserve to be taken seriously, we need to win interstate games against good teams.
If we lose this one, that puts us 0-3 against good teams interstate this year. That's a big issue.
We can't afford to let a lead slip. If we get in front, we need to make it stick. Both the Hawthorn and Roos games, we played ourselves into a position where we should have gone on with it, and we just didn't. No excuses this time.
Win this, we can start dreaming of finishing top 4. Lose this and we need to start looking at the likelihood that we aren't as good as we think we are.
The Dogs will want this one. That Elimination Final loss must have hurt like crazy for them. They will be hungry.

He is a disgusting, Jabba the Hut looking, abomination of a man who always appears like he has a handful of marbles in his mouth when he speaks and is suffering a constant constipated heart attack. How he got put in a host's chair in front of a camera on a main television network is one of those events that make you question the purpose of humanity.
So not fond of him.....

I thought that was in the context of injuries?

Given how we are travelling and our less of an injury toll, I think we would be favorites.
We've lost this fixture 5 times in 6 attempts since they became tenants.

And most of those were when they weren't that good.

Just watching Pyke's most recent presser and at some stage one of the so called "journo's" mentions replacing Laird with Henderson because it's a like for like swap. On what freaking planet is Henderson like Laird?

Laughable. There's few players in the league I'd consider a like for like swap. I'm with those who have said this is a big out - love this little bloke!

Well, strictly speaking, he kinda is. Who else outside our 22 is closest to what laird offers? Hard shoes to fill but I'll be p***ed if VB laces them up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Compared to the alternatives, he's the most like for like option available and in form.
Crouch, Milera, VB, Knight, CEY, Hendo. Hendo is the most like for like of that group.
He might not be completely like for like as a player to Laird. But role wise, it's not unreasonable to describe him as a like for like.

Have to win this if we're serious. Dogs have been neutered by injury and lost a lot of run and class in their ball movement.

Gold Coast should be straightforward as they're missing most of their backline.

I expect us to beat Geelong comfortably as well on our home deck
I'm of a similar opinion, although I'd wager that Dangerfield will play the game of his career and top the 44 possessions he got in Round 1. He seems to blow his load in these passion games. I don't mind because it means less possessions for his team mates.

So not fond of him.....
Not particularly, no. Are you?

I'm of a similar opinion, although I'd wager that Dangerfield will play the game of his career and top the 44 possessions he got in Round 1. He seems to blow his load in these passion games. I don't mind because it means less possessions for his team mates.

Not particularly, no. Are you?

I'd say if Dangerfield is getting 45+ possessions we would struggle to win the game. Bernie needs to sit on his head all game.

I feel like the Freo game reminded me that we can still play average football and now I'm back into the pessimistic "we'll split the next 4 games 2 and 2" mode.

Need to remember how we looked against Hawthorn and Sydney. Oh how I hope those were our true colours.

[
I feel like the Freo game reminded me that we can still play average football and now I'm back into the pessimistic "we'll split the next 4 games 2 and 2" mode.

Need to remember how we looked against Hawthorn and Sydney. Oh how I hope those were our true colours.
I think they are. We played the game on Freos terms and still won. We should beat a weakened Dogs.

We've lost this fixture 5 times in 6 attempts since they became tenants.

And most of those were when they weren't that good.

Neither were we....

Outside of 2012 and last year, we've been pretty average.

Last year was a strange one too, as we were 3-0 and Dogs were up and about, but no-one really knew how good they were at the time....Then they beat the Swans in a rained out slog and everyone suddenly realised they were looking the goods....

50-50 match and once again, it looks like we'll be involved in MOTY

I'd say if Dangerfield is getting 45+ possessions we would struggle to win the game. Bernie needs to sit on his head all game.
I remember back in the day we beat Carlton and Bradley got 40+, Blight was asked why he didn't put a leash on him and he said well, we had them covered elsewhere and Bradley wasn't hurting us. :thumbsu:

We should beat the Dogs and the Cats. Doesn't matter if the Sheik of Moggy Creek plays out of his skin or not. His possessions won't hurt us as much as those of an elite user of the ball might.
Before the season started I opined that if we were 3-5 after the 1st 8 then we'd be doing okay. Already ahead of my expectations and I'm strapped in for the rest of the 2016 ride.
Exciting times to be a Crows' supporter.

Freo dragged that game down to an abysmal level. The fact that we managed to play 'average football' is I think to the team's credit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back