2012 Membership Tally

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
compared to a 50% increase.

The point being what? That we shouldn't count those members? That clubs should refuse membership to anyone that joins a year after the club plays finals?

Personally I couldn't care less the reason why people join up as members - as long as they join. This whole argument is based around the supposition that our numbers will plummet once we miss the finals - something that there is no evidence for.

On topic, Hawthorn now at 47,194. Should hopefully hit 50k before the H&A matches start.

The point being what? That we shouldn't count those members? That clubs should refuse membership to anyone that joins a year after the club plays finals?

Personally I couldn't care less the reason why people join up as members - as long as they join. This whole argument is based around the supposition that our numbers will plummet once we miss the finals - something that there is no evidence for.

On topic, Hawthorn now at 47,194. Should hopefully hit 50k before the H&A matches start.

My point being that Hawthorn supporters see no reason to support their club when they aren't in contention for premierships, moreso than anyone.

My point being that Hawthorn supporters see no reason to support their club when they aren't in contention for premierships, moreso than anyone.

Categorical nonsense.

After 96, our membership jumped from 12,000 to 30,000, and since then has consistently been among the highest, if not THE highest, of the Victorian clubs. I think it slipped to 28,000 about 99 or 2000, I can't remember.

This includes approximately 10 years when we were absolute dogshit, until 2007

In 2010, after missing the finals, we cracked 50,000 again...and have been every year since

I dislike this pissing contest as much as HAD, but please stop talking crap.

Hawk fans are no better or worse than other clubs when it comes to people signing up for success, and possibly better than many clubs (Richmond a notable exception) at remaining members through lean times...at least in the last 15 years, if not before.

30,000+ is pretty good for the Cats so far. Didn't we crack 40,000 in 08 or 09 ?? so the fans are out there. Would be fantastic to see us reach 45,000 :)

Categorical nonsense.

After 96, our membership jumped from 12,000 to 30,000, and since then has consistently been among the highest, if not THE highest, of the Victorian clubs. I think it slipped to 28,000 about 99 or 2000, I can't remember.

This includes approximately 10 years when we were absolute dogshit, until 2007

In 2010, after missing the finals, we cracked 50,000 again...and have been every year since

I dislike this pissing contest as much as HAD, but please stop talking crap.

Hawk fans are no better or worse than other clubs when it comes to people signing up for success, and possibly better than many clubs (Richmond a notable exception) at remaining members through lean times...at least in the last 15 years, if not before.

All and Sundry were talking you up for a dynasty and you just so happen to find another 20,000 supporters around the same time.
That's one mighty leap of faith.

All and Sundry were talking you up for a dynasty and you just so happen to find another 20,000 supporters around the same time.
That's one mighty leap of faith.

So you suddenly found another 20,000 supporters after the

After the...?

Another 20,000? We hit 40,000 BEFORE the 2008 flag.

As I said, we were consistently among the top Victorian teams during 10 years of utter crap on the field. Care to explain that fact in reference to your theory?

I'll happily keep informing you of the facts if you like, please don't let your ignorance of them keep you from posting on the topic.

We're 5,000 behind. Last year at this time we were 6,000 behind and finish 2,500 behind with the Bomber making Nab GF and us bombing out Round 1 as usual. If our Nab forms are reversed this year we may catch you punks :cool:

It would seem this would be likely this year. EFC have made the call this year to abandon general admission memberships. ie this year every Essendon member must have a reserved seat. The thread on the EFC board is littered with discontent from 2011 Bronze level members who are being forced to buy a season reserved seat. It is a huge rider to impose on its members. These people who were members without a seat just want to be members but still sit in a general area on level 3 at the Dome with their friends and family and make choices from week to week - like the MCG clubs do. Now all members must have a reserved seat membership which means which is having a significant impact on the Bronze level membership. The club says their research indicates members are sick of queuing and late entry to get into the Dome and that this policy eliminates this problem. My concern is that this is forcing thousands of 2011 members to abandon membership in 2012. The EFC thread indicates there is an undercurrent of discontent amongst the supporter base who are already far from happy playing games at the Dome.

This may be a great revenue result. I guess revenue is what matters and that if annual reserved seat sales go from 18,500 to 25,000 then despite a small reduction in numbers the revenue result will justify the move with strong growth on the $10.5M it generated last year.

I can't help but wonder how big this clubs membership would be in 2012 if it were playing majority of its home games at the MCG and that every supporter could buy a membership that suits them. We have also abandoned the Country membership! That we are targeting 50,000 members at a time when finding a membership that is suitable appears quite difficult may be a more meritorious result than I give them credit for. At the same time, Essendon would have 60,000 members in 2012 if it were at the MCG I have no doubt about that. We averaged 71,000 at the MCG in 9 games in 2012, how can we get back there and get the Essendon following back in the fold??

It would seem this would be likely this year. EFC have made the call this year to abandon general admission memberships. ie this year every Essendon member must have a reserved seat. The thread on the EFC board is littered with discontent from 2011 Bronze level members who are being forced to buy a season reserved seat. It is a huge rider to impose on its members. These people who were members without a seat just want to be members but still sit in a general area on level 3 at the Dome with their friends and family and make choices from week to week - like the MCG clubs do. Now all members must have a reserved seat membership which means which is having a significant impact on the Bronze level membership. The club says their research indicates members are sick of queuing and late entry to get into the Dome and that this policy eliminates this problem. My concern is that this is forcing thousands of 2011 members to abandon membership in 2012. The EFC thread indicates there is an undercurrent of discontent amongst the supporter base who are already far from happy playing games at the Dome.

This may be a great revenue result. I guess revenue is what matters and that if annual reserved seat sales go from 18,500 to 25,000 then despite a small reduction in numbers the revenue result will justify the move with strong growth on the $10.5M it generated last year.

I can't help but wonder how big this clubs membership would be in 2012 if it were playing majority of its home games at the MCG and that every supporter could buy a membership that suits them. We have also abandoned the Country membership! That we are targeting 50,000 members at a time when finding a membership that is suitable appears quite difficult may be a more meritorious result than I give them credit for. At the same time, Essendon would have 60,000 members in 2012 if it were at the MCG I have no doubt about that. We averaged 71,000 at the MCG in 9 games in 2012, how can we get back there and get the Essendon following back in the fold??

do you know why they did this and when does the etihad agreement expire?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A (relatively) sizable jump for the Giants overnight, ticking over 5,000 members - 4,635 on 14/2 to 5,193 today; presumably they had a bunch waiting to be processed.

do you know why they did this and when does the etihad agreement expire?
They did it to streamline a lot of the membership stuff.
At Etihad you still had to line up & get a seat allocated on game day - which was absolutely hell at some games last year when Etihad (prats) had only a couple of ticket windows open.

Short term pain,but if the long-term result is we can outsell the 40,000 or so reserved seats we have at Etihad, they can then mount a big case for a move back to the G. (Or jack up membership prices...)

After the...?

Another 20,000? We hit 40,000 BEFORE the 2008 flag.
I'm intrigued by how that sentence was going to end.
"after the... recruitment of Mitch Thorp", for example, would be completely correct.
"after the... semi-final loss to North" also works.
"after the... release of Britney Spears' studio album 'Blackout' " - all correct

Richmond-the best supporters in the league!

That is all!

Argue for a million years .

You know we are!!!!

The King Of Beasts!!!!! We Don't sell those cheapo memberships!!! High Revenue here baby! Long live the Kings!!

Two prime examples of Richmond Noobs that derail this thread year in, year out.

Back on topic.

Hawks 47,193

SN_280px.jpg :)

Two prime examples of Richmond Noobs that derail this thread year in, year out.

Back on topic.

Hawks 47,193

SN_280px.jpg :)
Those figures are simply just cheapo memberships sold to embark on an insecure marketing campaign. Richmonds Revenue was higher last year and will be this year, proving we have more members than you if prices were similar. Back under your bridge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back