NFL 2007 Off-Season Transaction Wire

Remove this Banner Ad

Thought I'd get a thread going here about the day-to-day transactions that will be occuring.

Feb 12 - NY Giants cut Arrington (LB), Petitgout (T), Emmons (LB).
Feb 13 - NY Giants cut Morton (RB)

Some interesting stuff going on in New York by the looks of it. I understand that Arrington would have had salary issues but to not even attempt to fish him for a trade in the market is interesting. Maybe its not worth the hassle, i'm not sure...

Morton will get a job for a special teams somewhere... he is a handy contributor, the only thing going against him is I guess teams will first look to draft that special teams guy/3rd RB/4th Receiver type...

Re: Offseason Transaction Wire

Detroit Lions cornerback Dre Bly, 29, has reportedly asked to be traded with one year left on his five-year contract. He will cost the Lions more than $5.4 million against their salary cap if he remains with the team.

I would say the Chargers are looking for a deal for Michael Turner? I think the jets are intersested in him.

Yeah well that will happen. Is he a free agent or contacted? I actually thought he was just going to hit the market as a free agent otherwise they could have traded him last year if thats what they wanted.

Jets are one destination, others off my head, who could/should be interested... Giants, Packers, Cards (too much invested in James however), Raiders, Jags?, Texans...

Yeah well that will happen. Is he a free agent or contacted? I actually thought he was just going to hit the market as a free agent otherwise they could have traded him last year if thats what they wanted.

Jets are one destination, others off my head, who could/should be interested... Giants, Packers, Cards (too much invested in James however), Raiders, Jags?, Texans...

Giants - Yes
Packers - Yes
Cards - No
Raiders - No (couldnt afford him, to mch invested in Jordan)
Jags - No (Jones Drew, Taylor)
Texans - Maybe (They have Davis back next yr)

Giants - Yes
Packers - Yes
Cards - No
Raiders - No (couldnt afford him, to mch invested in Jordan)
Jags - No (Jones Drew, Taylor)
Texans - Maybe (They have Davis back next yr)

Yeah I expected that... Raiders... you sure they couldnt afford him... a) Jordan wouldnt have cost that much... b) he wont cost 'that' much.

Jags - yeah I had them in mind... just not sure how Jones Drew fits in the picture (ie. will he carry the load)

Texans - agree, however its seems a lot of mock drafts suggest that get a RB. Based on the fact that didnt take Bush... sounds foolish to me, needs in other areas.

Yeah, he's restricted... depending on what tender they give him will decide what draft picks will be given up.

which can be matched by other teams, although they have to pay compensation in the form of draft picks

just a quick correction on that, a team can offer a RFA whatever they choose, and the original team can match their offer. IF they don't the draft choice/s are given.

Would the Packers give up a second rounder (that's for the lowest tender also I think, used to be a 3rd) for him? No. Thompson doesn't give up high draft picks, so count us out of the Turner Stakes.

Also, much love to TT, for giving Al Harris an extension and payrise. Same to Al Harris, who didn't bitch and moan like a few other players who've worn the green and gold recently. He was patient, and he got paid. Good on him. He is a true Packer man.

Yeah I expected that... Raiders... you sure they couldnt afford him... a) Jordan wouldnt have cost that much... b) he wont cost 'that' much.

From what i can remember they spent a lot of money to get Jordan over other sides as he was regarded as the best number 2 RB in the league at the time so several teams were after his services. They could probably afford him but it will probably cost them a lot to have two potentially starting RB's that have similar styles.

Yeah, he's restricted... depending on what tender they give him will decide what draft picks will be given up.

Would the Packers give up a second rounder (that's for the lowest tender also I think, used to be a 3rd) for him? No. Thompson doesn't give up high draft picks, so count us out of the Turner Stakes.

Personally - just out of gut instinct I think the running back market is pretty deflated and teams arent going to give up much to aquire one because it would seem the talent pool is quite large.

I also think there is a perceptions that Turner was a product of the system and being under Tomlinsons shadow... ie. teams relaxed thinking pass when Tomlinson went out etc...

I dont know I wouldnt like to see my team making big deals for RB's... looks at how the James situation worked out.

From what i can remember they spent a lot of money to get Jordan over other sides as he was regarded as the best number 2 RB in the league at the time so several teams were after his services. They could probably afford him but it will probably cost them a lot to have two potentially starting RB's that have similar styles.

yeah I agree 100%... I think they need to move from Jordan however but thats a whole other issue.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There's rumours of the Bears wanting Archuleta again as there is a very good chance he will be cut in March apparently.

The Bears aren't really sold on Danielle Manning while Mike Brown has shown to be injury prone, we'll see what happens, Lovie loved him when he coached him in St. Louis

So what draft pick will teams have to give up to get turner?

Im hoping for a high draft pick1 around 1st and 2nd round

Not a chance, 3rd rounder at best. Remember he is only a back up at San Diego.

There are nw four RFA tenders...

Low tender — $850,000
Second-round tender — $1.3 million
First-round tender — $1.85 million
First- and third-round tender — $2.35 million

Depending on what the Chargers think he's worth, for mine they'll probably give him the second round tender. Noone will give up a first for him, with HBs being a dime a dozen...

There are nw four RFA tenders...

Low tender — $850,000
Second-round tender — $1.3 million
First-round tender — $1.85 million
First- and third-round tender — $2.35 million

Depending on what the Chargers think he's worth, for mine they'll probably give him the second round tender. Noone will give up a first for him, with HBs being a dime a dozen...

Yeh i agree. hes one of those players that could be a bust if he is given a ful time job.

Cincinnati have slapped the franchise tag on DE Justin Smith.

If he signs he will get $8.6 million guaranteed for the 2007 season

He is the only player not to be arrested... thats why he got the tag!

Re: Uncle Marty still cleaning out his 14-3 office

MIKE SAYS HELLO

The San Diego Chargers began their coaching search so quickly that the first candidate to be interviewed ran into the guy he hopes to replace.

Hall of Fame linebacker Mike Singletary met with team executives yesterday, less than 48 hours after Marty Schottenheimer was fired.

The former Chicago Bears great said he crossed paths with Schottenheimer, who was still cleaning out his office.

"I saw him and said hello," Singletary said.

Singletary, interviewing for a head coaching job for the third time since early January, thinks he's ready to move up after four seasons as an assistant.

"There's no doubt in my mind," Singletary said after emerging from his interview. "Absolutely."

There you go folks, an update of what's going on in downtown San Diego.

Wonder if this was Uncle Marty's last hoorah as an NFL HC?

"There's no doubt in my mind," Singletary said after emerging from his interview. "Absolutely."

Remove this Banner Ad

Back