Universal Love đźŹ† GF = PIES WIN PREMIERSHIP #16 🏆🥇

Remove this Banner Ad

Real strange question for the faithful here, I want to watch the replay with some different commentary (SEN, 3AW or triple M), whilst syncing it to the video on Kayo.

Does anyone have access or know how to gain access to the audio of the commentary from the radio?

https://x.com/laceoutofficial?s=21

Search for the account @laceoutofficial on twitter

This guy has put all the radio calls together with the match on his Twitter. Having watched it all, it’s quite clear the TV commentary was the worst by far.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

......I'm also not convinced that McCluggage wasn't OOB at some point when he kicked to Daniher in the 4th for that goal, but we'll never see a good angle to prove or disprove it.
Watched it again today - McCluggage may have been out but I don't think the ball was

They’re replaying Nick’s Fox Face to Face interview during the Copeland Dessert break and he said his goal was to win the flag….. well it happened
And Jordy on his interview on "On the Couch" said he wanted to be remembered as a multiple premiership player. One is not enough. Sure that Nick thinks the same. Needs to match his brother with a Copeland in a premiership year.

I want a third flag for Pendles and a flag for Adams, hoping that he stays, McStay and Noble.

Yeah he's one of the only ones that worked out that games and flags aren't won on a stats sheet.

He said something along the lines of 'On numbers, you have to pick Brisbane but i'm tipping the Pies because i know they'll just find a way'.

Fukn oath we did!

I’m loving how all the stats nerds are having a tanty because we’re a team who’ve stuffed up their models and spreadsheets the last 2 years

It’s no surprise many of them are cats supporters-real w***er fans that mob

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Some of those guys looked like they were attending a funeral.

When Brisbane goaled - they were animated, hands in the air, beaming at each other.

When the Pies goaled - their voices were raised for the radio, but their faces were expressionless. Must take some effort to do that.

It’s been like that for 2 years now watch any of our close wins

Does make it sweeter!

Only the 2nd time in the clubs history it has won a game in front of a crowd over 99000. The 1st time was the 1970 semi against Carlton when 112800 people showed up to see the pies win by 10pts.
Don't mention the 120,000 + crowd 2 weeks later 🥵

PS - Pies the only club to have people sitting on top of a grandstand (old Sthn stand 195?) AND inside the boundary line 1970 GF - another useless stat - not sure what the "expected attendance" was on either occasion

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My Twitter feed seems to full of stats nerds defending their models that don’t have us as the best team. There’s a ******* reason your model is s**t, given the stuff it can’t capture is what actually wins you flags.
Ex fuc#en actly

I’m loving how all the stats nerds are having a tanty because we’re a team who’ve stuffed up their models and spreadsheets the last 2 years

It’s no surprise many of them are cats supporters-real w***er fans that mob

Those spreadsheets don't quantify Spirit, Heart, Determination and a Will to do whatever it takes to get over the line. Their stats alone will never tell the full sory

Alright whilst I'm riled up, let's do another.

Image 1: McLuggage is about to kick it back in to Daniher. He will kick on his right.
NOTE that his RIGHT foot is currently OUT OF BOUNDS. He is holding the ball OVER HIS RIGHT LEG/FOOT with his RIGHT HAND ready to drop it as a part of his kicking motion.

I will concede that he is running TOWARDS the field, not further OOB, so by the time he drops and kicks he is IN BOUNDS. But based on the very limited angle we have here, this looks to be him holding the ball out of bounds over his foot which is also out of bounds.

Also when you drop the ball for a kick, your arm and hand are slightly further out right (if kicking on right foot) than your foot, so that the ball is dropped in the correct spot. I. E. If your hand was directly over your foot the ball would drop to the inner (left) side of your foot rather than accurately on your foot.

As noted, his right foot is already out of bounds. For him to drop the ball on his foot accurately, he'd have had his hand further out of bounds than the foot.

AKA his right foot and right hand are OOB.

Image 2: The standing position of the boundary umpire. Whilst close, the umpire is at the mercy of the compromised view because of the curvature of the line boundary line. I think the ump has seen this as on the line / marginal from their angle and so has not called it out. I think that is a FAIR call based on the position. But that doesn't eliminate the fact that the view would have been slightly warped because of the curve of the line, and its unlikely they were looking at the foot right before the kick (a split second). Understandably a marginal call in this position of the game is given no whistle.

And yet, there's another Brisbane goal.

Maybe but Josh kicked it OOB in front of Frampton and got away with it. Swings and roundabouts.

Alright whilst I'm riled up, let's do another.

Image 1: McLuggage is about to kick it back in to Daniher. He will kick on his right.
NOTE that his RIGHT foot is currently OUT OF BOUNDS. He is holding the ball OVER HIS RIGHT LEG/FOOT with his RIGHT HAND ready to drop it as a part of his kicking motion.

I will concede that he is running TOWARDS the field, not further OOB, so by the time he drops and kicks he is IN BOUNDS. But based on the very limited angle we have here, this looks to be him holding the ball out of bounds over his foot which is also out of bounds.

Also when you drop the ball for a kick, your arm and hand are slightly further out right (if kicking on right foot) than your foot, so that the ball is dropped in the correct spot. I. E. If your hand was directly over your foot the ball would drop to the inner (left) side of your foot rather than accurately on your foot.

As noted, his right foot is already out of bounds. For him to drop the ball on his foot accurately, he'd have had his hand further out of bounds than the foot.

AKA his right foot and right hand are OOB.

Image 2: The standing position of the boundary umpire. Whilst close, the umpire is at the mercy of the compromised view because of the curvature of the line boundary line. I think the ump has seen this as on the line / marginal from their angle and so has not called it out. I think that is a FAIR call based on the position. But that doesn't eliminate the fact that the view would have been slightly warped because of the curve of the line, and its unlikely they were looking at the foot right before the kick (a split second). Understandably a marginal call in this position of the game is given no whistle.

And yet, there's another Brisbane goal.
I’m not having a dig at you personally, but are we as a collective possibly able to drop the pathetic relentless umpire whinging for at least a few months after we just won a premiership?

Let’s be winners, because that’s what this great club is all about right now.

McStay only scored 0.33 goals per game less than Hogan; underrated.
We don't win the flag if not for McStay, IMO. At the least we don't beat Melbourne and we don't beat the Giants. Who knows what that means in the sliding doors scenario. He's also a really good forward and I don't think there are key forwards who are much better than him right now, there are no real standouts - except for Charlie Curnow.

After half time, we kicked 1 goal 9 and 1 out on the full from our first 11 shots on goal. Game should of been over early in the last if we scored as expected:)

Wouldn’t mind playing them in the GF next year, and beating them comfortably. That would then be redemption for both 2002 and 2003:)

Fly said that one area we could work on is our offensive work, so that we don't have to have so many close games.

After half time, we kicked 1 goal 9 and 1 out on the full from our first 11 shots on goal. Game should of been over early in the last if we scored as expected:)

Wouldn’t mind playing them in the GF next year, and beating them comfortably. That would then be redemption for both 2002 and 2003:)

Fly said that one area we could work on is our offensive work, so that we don't have to have so many close games.
It's a safe bet that we should improve offensively in 2024 when analysing it IMO. I think Hill, Ginnivan, Mcreery will be better next year - McStay if he stays on the park will vastly improve us, and Mihocek and Elliott were in and out of form in 2023. I expect Reef and Harrison to really push for selection into the forward mix. Sidey will spend more time there too IMO.

I’m not having a dig at you personally, but are we as a collective possibly able to drop the pathetic relentless umpire whinging for at least a few months after we just won a premiership?

Let’s be winners, because that’s what this great club is all about right now.
Had the flu and clearly too much time on my hands. You're welcome to ignore/not read it :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back