Other 15th IAAF Athletics World Championships 22–30 August 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

Bolt worked as bloody hard as I can remember him doing so, around that bend. You could see him blowing hard, but as usual was able to relax the last 20m or so.

He looks like he is finally hurting.

I ve been doing some work whilst having the TV on but have seen the other stuff and want to say

1. One of my favourite athletes of all time Allyson Felix was just brilliant in the 400m. Perfectly judged race and as always, poetry in motion.

2. That triple jump was shades of the Long Jump in Tokyo in 1991 (with back and forth between Powell and Lewis) - not so much the pushing the world record because only Taylor's last jump that got close to Johnathon Edwards, but it was the back and forth between Taylor and Pichardo.

3. The women's 800m semis were fantastic with so many PB's being recorded, it was like the heats of the 400m for mens.

4. The women's 200m semi's were pretty good and Schippers looks the big favourite but its missing a lot with no Allyson Felix and even no Shelly-Ann Fraser-Pryce.

The 4 x 100m is going to be a cracker. Bolt will be going for something unique in athletics - the treble treble. Bloody hell if he didnt stuff up the start in Daegu in 2011 he would be going for the quadruple double.

I reckon in all the Olympic sports only Phelps has done a treble treble.

1. One of my favourite athletes of all time Allyson Felix was just brilliant in the 400m. Perfectly judged race and as always, poetry in motion.

A lot of the Americans have huge ego's and think their s**t don't stink. However in her interview last night, I think, with Sky she seemed to buck that trend and was genuinely nice. Very humble, just wanting to concentrate on the task at hand. Well deserved.

A lot of the Americans have huge ego's and think their s**t don't stink. However in her interview last night, I think, with Sky she seemed to buck that trend and was genuinely nice. Very humble, just wanting to concentrate on the task at hand. Well deserved.
Yep she has been extremely humble since I first saw her in the lead up to Athens in 2004 when she won a bronze medal as an 18 year old. Her father is a minister, she has a strong christian background, I have heard her talk about god a bit but doesnt over do it and she does a lot of work with sick and/or disable kids. I think Obama put her on his wife's get the kids fit program. She has a beautiful smile that just lights up a room. Champion athlete and champion person.

I think Obama put her on his wife's get the kids fit program.

I watched a doco just yesterday about Michelle Osama's "Let's Move" campaign. Had never heard about it prior but it started as a program designed at taking action about what kids eat and the sugars that end up in 80% of foods. After a while a few little phonecalls must have taken place from these huge corporations and it became a fitness program. Dodgy.

Replying to my own post here but Bolt potentially didn't have to wait long before that injury happened with the segway taking him out.

That was so ******* lucky. Could have easily done a pretty serious injury there.

The cameraman was pretty lucky too as he wasn't far from knocking his head on the steel railing just behind him.

It did however give me an idea for a pretty cool camera angle on the track and that is a guy in the segway going about 10-20 metres behind them. Could only do it for short bursts as they go about 20km/h so they would pretty quickly outrun the segway.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've been thinking the same thing watching her these championships. You never like to judge without proof, but there are some physical signs there....

Absolutely. And as they just pointed out, she only switched to focus on sprints this year.

I may be imagining it, but I thought the commentators were a bit subdued also.

I thought no Allyson Felix no Shelly-Ann Fraser-Price meant the 200m final was going to be missing something but Schippers and Thompson made sure that wasnt the case. What a sensational match up. So glad I got to see Schippers run in a couple of Diamond League sprints to get a heads up how good she is.

Bloody hell. Eaton would've finished 7th in the 400 final with that run.
Good love his comment - there must be something wrong with that clock. He spent last year running 400m hurdles for some reason. It isnt even a decathlon event. Must be part of the search for hurt devotee.

Yeah, ridiculous. You'd have to think if he focused purely on the 4 flat, he'd be in with a real shot.

You could say that about the 100m and the long jump as well. Both his performances would have been very competitive.

And 2m+ in the high jump, whilst not world class, is still very very good.

Just an incredible all round athlete.

She is now the 3rd fastest runner in the 200m, behind only Flo Jo and Marion Jones. And we all know about the tainted career of those 2.

And she just surpassed Merlene Otte, another suspect athlete.

I hope she is legit, but I just can't bring myself to fully believe it. Marion Jones already broke my heart.

Just noticed all 3 of our javelin women are out. Kim Mickle (who was probably our best medal chance coming in) threw 2 fouls out of 3 and didn't even top 60m with her only fair throw.

And on the 110m hurdles final, it's hard to take a Russian gold medallist seriously.

You could say that about the 100m and the long jump as well. Both his performances would have been very competitive.

And 2m+ in the high jump, whilst not world class, is still very very good.

Just an incredible all round athlete.

Didn't see those events. I noticed he looks like a hurdler during the 400, yet still ran 45 flat. Tidy it up a bit and he'd be a serious contender.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back