Traded #17: Jake Melksham - Traded to Melbourne for pick 25

Remove this Banner Ad

Did I read wce get redden for 17 and won't pursue Jed?

Balls in our court with 25
Where did you see that? Redden for 17 is confirmed and I thought they were pretty committed to Jetta so we'd surely have a great chance at Anderson...would happily part with 25...To think we got it for Melky has me dizzy...

Always hoped melksham would step up as an important player in the team and thought he was capable. Wish him all the best at Melbourne and hope for him that he can show it. Very happy with pick 25 for him though.

Where did you see that? Redden for 17 is confirmed and I thought they were pretty committed to Jetta so we'd surely have a great chance at Anderson...would happily part with 25...To think we got it for Melky has me dizzy...

They'll swap Sinclair for Jetta and 17 for Redden.

Think this is a rare win/win/win deal if it does end up as 25 for Melk. Jake gets his money and security (which I think is an underrated aspect given we were only offering 2), Melbourne get the guy they headhunted and we get something we can really use.

Trading done right

Vozzo said the club respected Hawks midfielder Jed Anderson as a "very good player" but were unlikely to pursue the youngster.

2f0.gif

Thanks for the memories and pick 25. Still can't believe we'll jag a second rounder. That Goodwin bloke, despite being run out of Adelaide because of an enormous gambling debt, isn't a bad bloke after all.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Got to be something going back their way, and the fact the deal hasn't been signed off on probably suggests this. Or are the Dees accepting worse than 25 for Howe and sending us that instead?
Probably get the Toumpas pick instead of Melbourne's original second rounder. Or we send a third rounder to sweeten the deal.

I think a situation like the latter makes the most sense. Hopefully it isn't too late in the second round.
North apparently showing interest could mean pick 34. I'd still take that as Essendon aren't hard to deal with and trades that are fair enough should simply get done. Like #5 for Carlisle.

Other interested clubs 2nd rounders would seem to all be around the same mark as 25, so not too stressed if that's the story.

Genuinely hope he has a breakout year next season. Was just never going to happen with us - maybe at a new club

Genuinely hope he has a breakout year next season. Was just never going to happen with us - maybe at a new club

curious as to why you think it was never going to happen with us? (although I'd say he's already had a breakout season in 2013)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back