Sep 22, 2008
ESPN
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
NYG, Chicago Bulls
Round 1- Phantom Draft

1:Melbourne – Watts (Lock it in Eddie)
2:West Coast – Rich (Ready made midfielder, to cover cousins/judd hole)
3:Fremantle- Naitanui (With the departure of warnock, add to the ruck division)
4:port Adelaide – Vickery (Take over Lades ruck role when he retires as all the rest suck)
5:Essendon – Hurley (Key defender to take over fletcher/mal michaels role)
6:Carlton- Hartlett (Not sure on this pick, hes the best player available and will add to the gun midfield but carlton need a key CHF/CHB)
7:Brisbane- Ziebell (Lacking in midfield department which is what Voss said he would be drafting)
8:Richmond- McKernan (Need a key position forward/ruck, but may go with sidebottom if they get seaby)
9: North Melb- Sidebottom (Desperate need of midfielders, swapped position with blease after the TAC cup performance)
10: Adelaide- Johnstone (Need a key Forward, also a local boy)
11: Collingwood- Blease (Quick and skillful will add needed strength to the midfield)
12: Sydney- Trengove (After a KPP, with the loss of hall, oloughlin... and leo barry soon)
13: St Kilda- Robinson (After a midfielder and quality pick at 13)
14: Bulldogs- Cordy (Need a ruckman)
15: Geelong- Swift (Can take the gamble on his injury, and could be another j.selwood... hope they dont so west coast can take him with there priority)
16: Hawthorn- Lisle (After a key position backman)

This is how I think the picks will be taken and not necessarily my views on the players... if I were rating on talent I would put blease and swift as the top midfielders ie (pick 2 and 6)

Yeh richmond is the only iffy pick but i think they might go with a KP forward with there first pick and try get a mid in 2nd round

good effort
although i think wce will unfortunately take nait over rich :(

also swift should be about top 5
but as you said will probably fall...

yeh depends. I think they might go naita over rich and they with pick 18 try and get a midfielder who dropped

ie (Robinson, Swift etc)

And maybe even go cockie with 36?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Much prefer Richmond to go with Sidebottom in that situation as I believe you should always go best available with first selection, plus we should be able to get a good KPF with our second pick.

Also think Carlton will go with Ziebell as I think he is better then Hartlett and he is from Victoria so no going home factor.

People who are just letting Yarran slip out of their top 10. Are just followers of these forums. He's LOVED by the coaches and scouts. I bet you've never even watched any under 18 games. Just a normal predictable phantom draft!

People who are just letting Yarran slip out of their top 10. Are just followers of these forums. He's LOVED by the coaches and scouts. I bet you've never even watched any under 18 games. Just a normal predictable phantom draft!

I hope you've got that on copy/paste, because you'll probably need to post it on 9/10 phantom drafts.

People who are just letting Yarran slip out of their top 10. Are just followers of these forums. He's LOVED by the coaches and scouts.

Leroy Jetta had his crew of followers in 2006. There were rumours that Mark Williams might even pull the trigger at Pick 5.

Yarran's a super talent, but he's a long way off being a sure talent. Leroy Jetta was much the same.

If Yarran were to slip outside the top 10, it wouldn't be the first time conservatism has got in the way.

I think yarran will go for pick 17- melbournes priority.

His type of player has a tendency to slip unexpectedly and in this draft where its pretty strong i cant see him going top 10.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back