2008 Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

If Mitch Banner keeps up his current form next year where will he go?

Hard to say, as next years top 15 looks pretty good at the moment. Try these ones on for size:

Michael Hurley
Daniel Rich
Tom Swift
Hamish Hartlett
Nick Suban
Nick Heyne
Jackson Trengove
Chris Yarran
Nicholas Naitanui (Misses by 4 days)
James Strauss
Michael Brunelli
Shaun McKernan
Ashley Smith

There's 13, although i'm sure there are a few that I have missed.

Hard to say, as next years top 15 looks pretty good at the moment. Try these ones on for size:

Michael Hurley
Daniel Rich
Tom Swift
Hamish Hartlett
Nick Suban
Nick Heyne
Jackson Trengove
Chris Yarran
James Strauss
Michael Brunelli
Shaun McKernan
Ashley Smith

Aaron Cornelius

Michael Brunelli (184cm and 75kg) will be one to watch next year as well.

HAHAH that definatly has the be the biggest call of all time
that kids a joke played against him atleast 5 times and done nothing at all

Michael Hurley
Daniel Rich
Tom Swift
Hamish Hartlett
Nick Suban
Nick Heyne
Jackson Trengove
Chris Yarran
James Strauss
Michael Brunelli
Shaun McKernan
Ashley Smith

nick suban must be a top 15. he must be playing a good brand of football
in the tac he hasn"t been in the best since he played for vic country?

Michael Hurley
Daniel Rich
Tom Swift
Hamish Hartlett
Nick Suban
Nick Heyne
Jackson Trengove
Chris Yarran
James Strauss
Michael Brunelli
Shaun McKernan
Ashley Smith

Seems like you are not a big rap on Banner HBF. Any reason?

He'd want to add to that 171cm frame VC. At least 5-7cm's if you ask me, at the very least.

i think he will grow abit taller, but his mum's family have abit of height (his dad's not overly tall) but he has got the lean frame from his mum's side, definately not his father's side and he has a good head on his shoulders.

Dont think Strauss, Brunelli or Mckernan are realistic first round picks. Not close to Vic Metro selectioN IN 07.

Agree with the first two, but absolutely think McKernan is a realistic first rounder next year if he continues to play like he did last weekend.

Dont think Strauss, Brunelli or Mckernan are realistic first round picks. Not close to Vic Metro selectioN IN 07.

MCkernan is flying. Kicked 4 goals in first quarter after coming back from broken collarbone. Has improved enormously and really needs a good preseason to be flying in 08

Michael Hurley
Daniel Rich
Tom Swift
Hamish Hartlett
Nick Suban
Nick Heyne
Jackson Trengove
Chris Yarran
James Strauss
Michael Brunelli
Shaun McKernan
Ashley Smith

lynch?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Luke Shuey from oakleigh is definatley a shoe in to get picked up...has all the attributes of an afl footballer....is a machine, can run all day fantastic on both sides of the body, gets the hard ball, can do tagging jobs and can kick some goals if he pushes forward. One to watch over the next year...

alex goodingham from dandenong stingrays
191cm 85 kg winger or half back
absoloute freak
15.2 on the beep 10.13 for 3km
3.01 for the 20m

got great blood in the veins with father playing afl only a few games
uncle is barry goodingham 250 for north
and ivan goodingham his grandfather playing many games with essondon including a premiership

i go down and watch calder alot jus because there local to me and i think mckernan will be a first round pick but theres things he will certainly need to work on to get there. jackson trentrove is a first round pick but will need to sharpen his kicking up. the one i think will go well is marcus white providing he shows good form next year for the cannons he will eb a hand pick. beautiful kick good runner. reminds me a lot of lindsey gilbee coming out of the backline. anyone got any comments on him?

the one i think will go well is marcus white providing he shows good form next year for the cannons he will eb a hand pick. beautiful kick good runner. reminds me a lot of lindsey gilbee coming out of the backline. anyone got any comments on him?
Think you might be right there mate, certainly likes to push up and create off half back. Came in Round 1 and immediately looked at home in the TAC Cup. Think the blond locks made him stand out a bit too.

You'd expect will get more midfield time next year (did get some during U18 carnival times) rather than the back pocket. It will be interesting to see how he performs in the middle and whether he can improve a few things in his game.

Any bottom age player whose on about 15 + possessions a game on average in their first season is going ok in my book. He's achieved that so far.

Thomas Rockliff from the Murray Bushrangers. Badly broke his leg (Nathan Brown style) During NAB U/16's champs last year. In 9 games he finish 2nd on the overall TAC goal kicking including bags of 7, 6 and 5 goals. Is Averaging 17 possies a game from Full Forward swaping occasionally on ball. Freak. And thats without doing preseason this year

Remove this Banner Ad

Back