NFL 2010 Hall of Fame Nominations

Remove this Banner Ad

Is it 5 they induct each year?
You would think Smith and Rice are monties for election.
Would love to see LaBeau get the gig after what he has done for football.
Would also like to see Russ Grimm but not so sure thats gonna happen.

I assume Emmitt is going in as a Caridnal?? :D

I assume Emmitt is going in as a Caridnal?? :D

Not_Really_Sure.jpg

Haley won 5 Rings and Grimm won 3 - how much of a factor is that?

Haley was a deadset gun and i loved him when playing for Dallas but..... anyone that has not seen him play get a copy of the XXVII SB Cowboys V's Bills.

is he a Hall of Famer...

Honestly i dont know! I would love to see him in there but at the moment there is more worthy candidates.

Watching it now as well Rosie. :thumbsu::thumbsu:

The reception Emmitt received was great and all candidates are very worthy of entry. Cant believe the stat that Berman mentioned in that Emmitt Smith has rushed for nearly 19 Miles in his career against some of the best defences and tacklers going around. Massive effort :eek:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Emmitt Smith. Legend.

When he started talking about and to Moose Johnston, that was so emotional. You could tell how much he appreciated his work and his friendship. That's powerful stuff.

Moose Johnston was critical to our success in that golden era. He rarely gets talked about but i have no doubt from the 20 odd years i have followed this game he is the best all round FB i have seen play. Excellent blocker who's unheralded work lead to so many great Emmitt runs. Jay Novacek as well was the other unsung hero on the team then. :thumbsu:

Moose Johnston was critical to our success in that golden era. He rarely gets talked about but i have no doubt from the 20 odd years i have followed this game he is the best all round FB i have seen play. Excellent blocker who's unheralded work lead to so many great Emmitt runs. Jay Novacek as well was the other unsung hero on the team then. :thumbsu:
Did you hear just after Emmitt had spoken to Aikman and Irvin, he paused and all the Dallas fans in the crowd were yelling "MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSSSSSE". Cowboy fans know how much he meant to the team, that's for sure.

Did you hear just after Emmitt had spoken to Aikman and Irvin, he paused and all the Dallas fans in the crowd were yelling "MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSSSSSE". Cowboy fans know how much he meant to the team, that's for sure.

Yep!! Was awesome stuff. :thumbsu::thumbsu:

Re: 2010 Hall of Fame Inductees

ll-lebeau_crop_340x234.jpg

Position: Cornerback | Ht./Wt: 6'1", 185 | College: Ohio State
Yrs/Team: 1959-1972 Detroit Lions

LeBeau.jpg

Pro Career: 14 playing seasons, 185 games … Selected by Cleveland Browns in 5th round (58th overall) in 1959 draft … Cut by Browns during rookie training camp …
Signed with Lions, earned place in starting lineup final six games of rookie year … Didn’t miss another game until late in 1971 season … Started 171 consecutive games, an NFL record for his position.

In 1960, began to make mark by intercepting four passes, starting string of 12 straight seasons with three or more interceptions.

In 1963, intercepted five passes which he returned for career-high 158 yards, including 70-yard TD return against Rams.
It was one of three interceptions he returned for touchdowns in career. The following year, intercepted five passes and was voted to first of three consecutive Pro Bowls.
Also earned All-NFL second-team accolades, an honor earned again in 1965, 1966, 1970 … Finest season came in 1970 when he recorded NFC-leading nine interceptions for 96 yards … In all, recorded 62 picks for 762 yards … Ranked second among pure cornerbacks at retirement with 62 interceptions, third overall … Currently ranks third all-time among pure cornerbacks … Born on September 9, 1937 in London, Ohio.
That makes him 73 this September. And for those "new" to the NFL, D.LeBeau is still the Steelers Defensive Co-ordinator.

LeBeau_HOF_99944.jpg

One way to get LeBeau to talk about himself is to ask him about the deep and abiding love his players feel for him through different eras. Tired of waiting for their brilliant defensive coordinator to receive his long-overdue Hall of Fame nod, several Steelers showed up at the 2008 induction week wearing replicas of LeBeau's old "44" Detroit Lions jersey. A year later, Rod Woodson used his Hall of Fame speech to stump for LeBeau's candidacy. "Seriously - I hope the voters get it right," Woodson said behind the podium. "First of all, he belongs in as a player. And if you don't want to put him in as a player, you put him in as a contributor. Because he did so much for the National Football league for over 50 years. He deserves it."

62160_crop_340x234.jpg

source: Steelers Addicts

Remove this Banner Ad

Back