2010 Membership Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Reserved seating is definitely the way to go. I highly recommend it! It's great to arrive at the game, knowing that your seat is there waiting for you, even if you're running a bit late. And you get to sit with other intelligent like-minded people! The atmosphere is so much better when you are sitting with North Melbourne supporters!

Its something I highly recommend.

Go North stole alot of my thunder but look the great thing about reserved seating is that you get to meet new roos fans and there great seats.

Definately get a reserved seat. Best thing you can buy along with your membership.

As GN mentions, best thing about it is even if you are late, you know your seat is waiting for you. I know I've came late from work and didn't need to rush to find a seat, it was waiting for me in between the NM people.

Reserved seating is definitely the way to go. I highly recommend it! It's great to arrive at the game, knowing that your seat is there waiting for you, even if you're running a bit late. And you get to sit with other intelligent like-minded people! The atmosphere is so much better when you are sitting with North Melbourne supporters!

I sit in the reserved seating, now the highlighted bit may not be entirely accurate. The older couple that sat behind me for last year all they did was critisize and get north players names wrong.

According to them Levi should have given up on debut. All of the first year players were useless. the only player that really got a mention was turtle but then again according to the Petrie is also Turtle but then again so was Gibbo and every free kick is worth fifty.

I will be in reserved seating again however I will be moving from the seats we had last season and praying to have more enthusiastic people around me/us

I'm gonna go against the grain here and say no to reserved seating. But that's only because I prefer to stand at the back. I find that there I can yell alot more and people don't get as annoyed about it. And as far as North supporters go, well if I was sitting with a bunch of the fine folk from BF then it wouldn't be a problem. But i've found that every other year that I've had reserved seating, I've always had some group of old people close to me that would just complain and winge with everything I say. But if your a sitting person then i reccommend

We are social club members which is a really good deal.

Before the game you can have a cheap meal in the social club room.

A great way to relax before the game begins.

My late Husband & myself always get a Reserved Seat, along with the Social Club Membership. It's great value for money, &, as stated above, you can get there when you want & know it's there waiting for you. Guess we were lucky, with people we sit near. Made some really good Friends! Cheers Blabs

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The old Man has reserved seats and sat with him a couple of times this year. It's great that you can rock up any time and get a great seat. But for me it lacks the atmosphere of sitting amongst rival supporters.

Has there been any update on the Membership numbers at this early stage?

Yeah I too would like to know.

edit: Just rang the club and so far it's at 402.

This doesn't include the Troo Roo memberships as the first payment hasn't come out yet but they are expecting roughly 1500-1700 to auto-renewal as just as many people opted out as opted in.

Also the renewal letters still haven't been sent out as they are still being printed etc, I think this stuff needs to be done by now, things should be sent out mid-late October.

Yeah I too would like to know.

edit: Just rang the club and so far it's at 402.

This doesn't include the Troo Roo memberships as the first payment hasn't come out yet but they are expecting roughly 1500-1700 to auto-renewal as just as many people opted out as opted in.

Also the renewal letters still haven't been sent out as they are still being printed etc, I think this stuff needs to be done by now, things should be sent out mid-late October.

Cheers for the update Master Chief

..is that all ? that seems a tad dissapointing..:(

My sister and I signed up for a 16 game Kangaroos membership + a level 2 reserved seat each. (The first time we've purchased membership since we were kids in the 90's) Can't bloody wait! Does anyone know when our packs will be sent out?

..is that all ? that seems a tad dissapointing..:(
Agreed, even the total last year of around 3,000 is terribly disappointing.

You'd think at least half of the die-hard fans would have taken the Troo Roo option, so 7,000 would have been a good result.

Still, here's hoping the renewal notices get people into gear.

Agreed, even the total last year of around 3,000 is terribly disappointing.

You'd think at least half of the die-hard fans would have taken the Troo Roo option, so 7,000 would have been a good result.

Still, here's hoping the renewal notices get people into gear.

Agreed. I was expecting/hoping around the 7K mark.

Reserved seats are great. The only downside is how damn quiet my section is. Nobody makes a noise, it sucks.

I have been thinking about this^

If anyone on here is involved with the cheer squad what is the likelihood of being able to have 1 person per aisle that can assist co-ordinating the chants.

I remember when I was a teenager in the cheersquad and there would be 1 or 2 start the chant and everyone else would follow. So if there was one chant co-ordinator per aisle that got their section involved after the cheersquad started then the chants would be stronger.

I would definately be interested in doing this for which ever reserved seats I end up in.

I'm an Aussie Roo Social member - I ticked the lifetime renewal box (I hope) so all is good.

AND, have 2 new members to add to the list, my new woofers Bonnie & Clyde - Adult Dalmations who are from a "broken home" "nasty divorce" - I'm bringing them home today and they will become Roo Members and I'll teach them to hate all things that aren't NORTH MELOURNE.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back