2010 Membership Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Agreed, even the total last year of around 3,000 is terribly disappointing.

You'd think at least half of the die-hard fans would have taken the Troo Roo option, so 7,000 would have been a good result.

Still, here's hoping the renewal notices get people into gear.

Personally, i'll renew as soon as I get the membership info in the mail. I seem to remember when the details were first released on the website, it said the mail stuff would be posted within the next week (clearly that didnt happen). I'm sure the numbers will spike once people get the renewal notice in the mail

I have a couple of questions on the reserve seating...

I generally like to go to the football with a friend, does it make things awkward trying to sit next to someone if i have a reserve seat? do i need to buy two memberships with reserve seats or are there other options?

I'm still at uni (therefore pretty poor), and play weekend sport so there's already a bunch of games i cant make...

I've gone with the 16 game general admit the past few seasons, is reserve seating worth it?

I have a couple of questions on the reserve seating...

I generally like to go to the football with a friend, does it make things awkward trying to sit next to someone if i have a reserve seat? do i need to buy two memberships with reserve seats or are there other options?

I'm still at uni (therefore pretty poor), and play weekend sport so there's already a bunch of games i cant make...

I've gone with the 16 game general admit the past few seasons, is reserve seating worth it?

For people who are there most weeks, reserved seating is great, for someone in your situation, probably not.

But saying that, i sat in an area where people only used there reserved seats two or three times for the whole season.

I got reserved seating once, but as who I go to the footy with changes a lot depending on opposition, work commitments, etc it never got used. (This was when I was living in Melbourne.)
Got the interstate with social club again for 2010. Hopefully I'll actually get to a game next year.

when I used to buy my membership through the club I got a reserved seat.. it was good in they way you got to know the people around you as you were next to them for every home game.. what I didn't like though was that you didn't get reserved seats for away games and at that time we only played 8 home games in melb...

so back in 2005 I signed up as an AFL member with kangaroos club support. So you are still a member of NM and money still goes to the club.

What is also good now is that I get a reserved seat to every game whether at the G or the dome.. go to practice matches for free, nab cub matches for free and can go to 40 games of H&A season regardless of what teams are playing. My two younger brothers go for pies and bulldogs so it is handy in that they can come to roos games with me and sit in the same seats or vice versa.. and come final times we can all sit together regardless of which teams are playing.. plus it is handy if I want to take a mate to a game I just buy a guest pass for him and he also gets a reserved seat next to me.

Renewed the seven household memberships yesterday and must send a big thankyou to Carla who on the phone kindly reminded that additional memberships for the Family 5 package only cost $35 per kid - I'd forgotten that from last year, and there's no obvious mention on the website. Thanks Carla!! And we signed on as True Roos for Life too - at less than $30 per month for us all next season it's a bargain.

Just to give m'self a big pat on the back (and a holy picture!) 2010'll be my 21st consecutive season as a North member. On the downside I've averaged less than one game a season for the past decade since we went bush but promise to get to Docklands more often now that the AFL/Collo/whoever are not screwing us over so completely anymore. These days the youngest offspring aren't so dreadful in the car over the three hour trip down to Melbs either.... A quick lunch at a Vietnamese in Footscray and then on to the game = heaven on a stick. Mighty North!

They probably wont be published until we process our "Roo for Life" members. Would hope that we will have around 5k in early Dec.

Season 2005 - 21/12/04 - 6,700
Season 2006 - 21/12/05 - 5,718
Season 2007 - 19/12/06 - 4,287
Season 2008 - 13/12/07 - 9,350
Season 2009 - 1/1/09 - 9,124
Season 2010 - 7/12/09 - 5,000+ (projection)
Season 2010 - 1/1/10 - 9,000+ (projection)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back