9. Hawthorn
10. Port Adelaide
11. Carlton
12. Melbourne
13. Richmond
14. Brisbane
15. Essendon
16. Gold Coast

This is just a prediction thread, meaning people guess where teams will finish, don't get pissed off if people put (your team) 13-17, they are just guessing, there's a chance that their predictions won't eventuate

It is going to be an awesome year.

I don't think Collingwood are that far ahead of the pack (if at all). Certainly not on talent, but they are very well coached. Can see a nice hangover setting in.

Geelong and Saints still have the two best lists and will go down swinging.

North and Melbourne should find a spot in the 8 on the back of excitng young lists

essendon will be horrible as Hird tries to erase their softness

Gold Coast to avoid the spoon

1. Geelong
2. St Kilda
3. Hawthorn
4. North
5. Collingwood
6. Fremantle
7. Bulldogs
8. Melbourne

9. Adelaide
10. Carlton
11. Brisbane
12. Sydney
13. Port
14. Richmond
15. West Coast
16. Gold Coast
17. Essendon

Opinion or not, this 'prediction is lolworthy. Not just for Collingwood's spot on the ladder, but for Norths more than anything.

Opinion or not, this 'prediction is lolworthy. Not just for Collingwood's spot on the ladder, but for Norths more than anything.
Yet another North flog who overrates their team. Just about every one of their supporters is the same.

1. Fremantle
2. Collingwood
3. Western Bulldogs
4. Adelaide
5. Geelong
6. St Kilda
7. Essendon
8. Melbourne

-------------------

9. Sydney
10. Richmond
11. West Coast
12. Port Adelaide
13. Carlton
14. Brisbane
15. Gold Coast
16. North Melbourne

Not really too tough a season to pick imo.

Likewise, battling teams such as NM and Brisbane are pretty much a monty to finish near (if not at) the bottom. Carlton is savagely overrated at the best of times; if Judd goes down, the Blues are in massive trouble. Can't see GC doing a lot just yet, but the Suns could surprise.

You can't even work out there are 17 teams this year. Idiot.

1st Stk, 21 wins
2st Coll, 20 wins
3rd Geel, 17 wins
4th Fre, 17 wins
5th WB, 17 wins
6th Haw, 16 wins
7th NM, 12 wins
8th Port, 12 wins
9th Melb, 12 wins
10th Adel, 9 wins
11th Ess, 9 wins
12th Syd, 8 wins
13th Carl, 6 wins
14th GC, 6 wins
15th Rich, 3 wins
16th WC, 1 wins
17th Bris, 0 wins

Premiership St Klida
Norm Smith Lenny Hayes
Brownlow Joel Selwood
Rising Star Dyson Heppell
:thumbsu:

1st Stk, 21 wins
2st Coll, 20 wins
3rd Geel, 17 wins
4th Fre, 17 wins
5th WB, 17 wins
6th Haw, 16 wins
7th NM, 12 wins
8th Port, 12 wins
9th Melb, 12 wins
10th Adel, 9 wins
11th Ess, 9 wins
12th Syd, 8 wins
13th Carl, 6 wins
14th GC, 6 wins
15th Rich, 3 wins
16th WC, 1 wins
17th Bris, 0 wins

Premiership St Klida
Norm Smith Lenny Hayes
Brownlow Joel Selwood
Rising Star Dyson Heppell
:thumbsu:

Lol - where does all this CFC hate come from? Surprised how many people are picking Carlton to finish 10th or lower. I know this is a "Prediction Thread", but some are treating it more like a "Wishful Thinking Thread" (maybe you include me - I reckon we'll finish 3rd!). Want to come back to this thread at season's end - then again, what's the point: prefer to just enjoy the season and watch the blueboys prove they're the real deal.

Yet another North flog who overrates their team. Just about every one of their supporters is the same.

North are going to completely blitz the opposition this year - didn't you hear they secretly recruited Godzilla, Mothra, The Iron Giant and Ironman as their new KPP spine; with their elite midfield that includes The Incredible Hulk, Spiderman and The Green Hornet they'll be unbeatable!:rolleyes:

Lol - where does all this CFC hate come from? Surprised how many people are picking Carlton to finish 10th or lower. I know this is a "Prediction Thread", but some are treating it more like a "Wishful Thinking Thread". Want to come back to this thread at season's end - then again, what's the point: prefer to just enjoy the season and watch the blueboys prove they're the real deal.

I see Carlton finishing 10th at the lowest. Two of north, melbourne and Adelaide could easily overtake them. Stop sooking.

Essendon - My wooden spoon tip ATM, this side is in seirous trouble in the midfield. They have excellent ruckman and a promising spine but that's useless if your midfield is getting smashed week in week out. They have next to 0 chance of making the finals.
I keep seeing this.
I disagree.

We have ruckmen who got smashed by just about every side - Brogan taught both Hille & Ryder a lesson, they both made NicNat look good, McIntosh had a good game, Jolly killed us, Mumford about a billion hit-outs (as you should know), Warnock.
As a team, ranked 14th in hitouts for the year despite playing 2 big blokes just about every week.

I'd certainly agree our midfield is average or below; but to say our rucks are 'excellent' would be a bit hard to argue IMHO on present form.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

1 Collingwood
2. Geelong
3. Fremantle
4. St Kilda
5. Hawthorn
6. Bulldogs
7. North Melbourne
8. Carlton
-------------------
9. Melbourne
10. Richmond
11. Sydney
12. Port Adelaide
13. Essendon
14. Adelaide
15. West coast
16. Gold Coast
17. Brisbane

I think anyone of the top 5 could win the flag all things going right for them.

1. Collingwood - The best team last year and being such a young team, they are still on the up which is a scary thought.

2. Western Bulldogs - A semi-smokey of mine with most believing they are on the down, but i like the way they have recruited and will benifet from having less spot light on them, than last season being labelled the 'early favourites'.

3. St. Kilda - Excellent top 10 players possibly the best in the comp with the likes of Riewoldt, Montagna, Hayes, Goddard ect the list goes on, but there bottom 4-6 players are poor and are only performing just, probley due to the support around them. At a bottom 4 team, the likes of McQualter, Clarke, Eddy, Dawson ect would be struggling even more. I still rate them in 2011 due to this being the case the last 2 years and they have still been around in the last week of september

4. Hawthorn - Have underperformed being in a 'premiership hangover' since 08. The team is cappable of winning a flag but they never seem to get the job done when they need to (rd 22 loss to essendon in 09 and EF loss to Freo last year). They have the forward artilary, a star midfield and a solid young defence but if they do not make the 4 this year Clarko might(should) be shown the door

5. Geelong - Still a very strong team but key loss of personal both on and off the field will make this an interesting year for the catters. A new coach, a fresh start after a poor PF effort will do them good, but i still expect them to slip but not too far

6. Freo - Excellent last year, played past everyones expectations last year and a personal favourite to watch with the likes of Sandilands, Pavlich and Hill i do have a soft spot for the boys in purple. Will be around about come September but with early injuries i dont see them breaking the top 4.

7. Sydney - With the loss of Roos and Kirk it will be a diffrent sydney. They are a solid side with good talent around the ground. A top 8 spot looks likely.

8. North - Will just slide into the 8, with alot of young talents, Hansen, Cunnington, Bastinac, Goldstein ect the best is still to come from the rooboys

-------------

9. Carlton - Would love nothing more than Carlton to miss finals, so much biased opinion here. Although the A grade midfield the weaker KP area for Carlton is a worry, but if any team was to knock out the above team it woud be the boys in blue.

10. Adelaide - A new look Adelaide this year, after a long list of retirements in the past two years. They have strong young talent that will take the crows fair places give them a few years and they will be incontention for a top 4 spot

11. Richmond - A revival at Richmond last year despite finishing a lowly 15th. Damien Hardwick was the man at the head and had an excellent year as coach. With Jack Riewoldt breaking out as the next big thing down at Tigerlan plus 1st round draftee Dustin Martin had a good debut season. Bright times a head at Tigerland but will just miss out this year.

12. Melbourne - Tipped by most to be the Jumper in the comp this year, i disagree. I think there are too many holes in the 22, with the loss of Bruce, MacDonald and a long term injury to Frawley this will aslo hinder the Dees. Will show alot this year like last, but not september material

13. Essendon - Excellent young spine but doesnt have the midfield to compliment it. But led by Captain Jobe Watson a young bomber midfield consisting of Zaharakis, Jetta, Melksham, Myers, Colyer, Heppell ect it will provide great experience going forward. Expect the great Jimmy to bring some spirit back to Bomberland, but also inconsistancy of the last two years

14. Port Adelaide - Hard to rate due to the inconsistancy they show. Hopefully Primus does them the world of good and they can achieve what they are capable of.

15. Gold Coast - The new team will have a lot to prove in its first year, lead by arguably the best player in the league in Gary Ablett Jnr, the young bodies will tire in thier first season of AFL. Also dont see enough fire power when going forward which could be a problem

16. West Coast - Do or Die of Woosha, needs his side to perform or else he will be clearing his desk

17. Brisbane - After the rabble of Crazy Vossy's recruitings the lions appear to be lost and confused. Their FF is up to no good, lost their B&F in riska, X-Factor in Sherman and Brennan. I cant see much going for the lions this season.

1. Collingwood
2. St Kilda
3. Bulldogs
4. Carlton
5. Geelong
6. Fremantle
7. Hawthorn
8. Adelaide
-------------------
9. Melbourne
10. Richmond
11. Sydney
12. North Melbourne
13. Port Adelaide
14. Essendon
15. West coast
16. Gold Coast
17. Brisbane

AFL Ladder Predictions in a nutshell:

1. I will exaggerate my team's chances either intentionally or subconsciously because its my team and regardless of where we are at I believe we are a genuine chance this year. I will be shot down by all and sundry who will state facts and figures as to why my team should not and will not finish here. I will retort with an inner belief that our time has come.

2. I put the team I most despise well below where they will logically finish because of my bias against them. I will then be shot down by supporters of said team and will make up some outlandish statement as to why I put them there. After the obligatory retort from supporters I will then get personal. This is where a mum joke may appear.

3. I will inadvertantly omit a side whilst placing another side in my ladder twice. Generally, this will be either North Melbourne or Port Adelaide. Not sure why, thats just how it happens.

4. I will mull over where to put Sydney.

5. I will search for ladder prediction thread at the end of season 2011 and get seriously frustrated that the thread has disappeared. After sifting through 65 pages of december/January/February threads I finally find it only to realise that I was waaaaaay out.

Classic post, spot on.

1. Collingwood
2. St. Kilda
3. Western Bulldogs
4. Geelong
5. Fremantle
6. Hawthorn
7. Carlton
8. Melbourne
---------------------
9. Sydney Swans
10. North Melbourne
11. Adelaide
12. Essendon
13. Richmond
14. Port Adelaide
15. Gold Coast
16. West Coast Eagles
17. Brisbane Lions

1. St Kilda
2. Collingwood
3. Western Bulldogs
4. Carlton
5. Fremantle
6. Geelong
7. Sydney
8. Hawthorn

9. Melbourne
10. Port Adelaide
11. Adelaide
12. Richmond
13.Brisbane
14. Essendon
15. North Melbourne
16. Gold Coast
17. West Coast

**** you're a bit of a princess aren't you? I've never seen a poster who bites so fast, you just can't hack the idea that most people don't rate your Bombers.

They finished 14th in 2010 and all things being equal they're a really good chance to finish around that mark again. There's the possibility that they could surprise of course, but if you're so offended by anyone who predicts they'll be in the bottom 4 again then this thread probably isn't for you.

Can't hack it? I love it. Not as much as your ladder prediction though. I had a groundhog day moment reading it. :D

No doubt I'll end up getting bits completely off again(had Brisbane 1st last year:eek:), but here goes...

1. Collingwood
2. St Kilda
3. Fremantle
4. Hawthorn
5. Western Bulldogs
6. Sydney
7. Carlton
8. Geelong
9. Adelaide
10. North Melbourne
11. Melbourne
12. Port Adelaide
13. West Coast
14. Richmond
15. Essendon
16. Brisbane
17. Gold Coast

With our list I believe we can be Premiers. We've already proven it. However, I see the following teams ahead of us on the ladder unless we find a better game plan.

1. Collingwood
2. St. Kilda
3. Western Bulldogs
4. Geelong
5. Fremantle

If we finish below any other team it will be an extremely poor season.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back