Remove this Banner Ad

Roby

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jul 27, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Pie Times Carlton Squared Equals (#hatersgonnahate)

What it does mean is that the double loss to their archenemy spins us back full circle to round 3 when the Blues (4th) beat The Pies (5th) and pushed them down to the same ranking position as of this week in fifth. Many have been wondering why the premiership favourite have not been ranked 1st at any time this season, but the last fortnight they have dropped three spots and answered that question.

In fact we have a new outright premiership favourite in Hawthorn (1st) who has a gap over the rest of the competition after recording the 10th biggest margin in VFL/AFL history. Hawthorn is also the outright line leader in the betting, beating the lines ten times so far this season.

The Eagles (2nd) also move a spot and displace their arch nemesis, in Sydney (3rd). They face off this week at Paterson and the winner should reclaim second spot in the rankings. This is also the first time in the rankings history that The Eagles rank second.

There are five distinctive gaps in points in the rankings. Hawthorn over West Coast, Collingwood over Essendon (6th), Fremantle (11th) over The Power (12th), Brisbane (13th) over Bulldogs (15th), and The Suns (17th) over GWS (18th).

Adelaide (8th) also move a spot this week, they have now beaten the rankings predicted line the most this season with ten (equal with The Eagles) and the betting lines nine times. The also rank 5th on the Competiveness Table but 3rd last on the Unfairness Table (includes outs and umpiring weighting) – meaning they have had a favourable run this year. The Kangaroos (13th) have had the best run this year.

Saints (10th) also moved up a spot this week, and they rank 7th on Competiveness Table, 2nd in both the Competiveness Table for Wins (behind The Swans) and the Competiveness Table for Losses (behind The Hawks).

The Cats (9th) for the first time in the rankings history are out of the top eight ranked teams. They rank 10th in the Competiveness Table, 14th in Competiveness Table for Wins and 13th the Competiveness Table for Losses. They have also only beaten the betting lines three times this season, the least in the AFL and in fact only beaten the line once in their last nine games – they did it against The Swans back in round 13 by 0.5 points (with the last kick of the game hitting the post for Sydney).

1 Hawthorn (-)
2 West Coast (+1)
3 Sydney (-1)
4 Carlton (+1)
5 Collingwood (-1)
6 Essendon (-)
7 Richmond (-)
8 Adelaide (+1)
9 Geelong (-1)
10 St Kilda (+1)
11 Fremantle (-1)
12 Port Adelaide (-)
13 Kangaroos (-)
13 Brisbane (+1)
15 Bulldogs (-)
16 Melbourne (-)
17 Gold Coast (-)
18 GWS (-)

Last week the rankings tipped four out five lines. This makes it now 53 out of 84 lines correct. Also, all the $2 lines came up, which means the $13 stake has turned into $53.28 and quadrupled profit with plenty of rounds to go.

Round 16 is shaping up to be possibly the round of the year with the rankings predicting a lot of close games. It all starts in all starts Friday night with The Blues and The Kangaroos in a must win game, then Saturday night another massive eight point game when The Cats take on The Pies (the second worst line winner), and then Sunday we turn the clock back with the top of the table clash from 05’ and 06' Premiers.

Predicted Best Matches:

Melbourne (16th) vs Fremantle (11th)
Geelong (9th) vs Collingwood (5th)
Carlton (4th) vs North Melbourne (13th)

Interesting Match-Ups:

Lions (13th) vs Saints (10th)
Eagles (2nd) vs Sydney (3rd)
Port Adelaide (12th) vs Essendon (6th)

I'll eat my hat if Eagles-Sydney isn't a closer game than Geelong-Collingwood.

Also lolz at 4th v 13th on a neutral ground being a predicted best match. If there are 9 spots and 2 "distinct gaps" between them then either it should be a comfortable win for 4th or your rankings bear no correlation to reality.

Swans flog lions and are displaced by the eagles who just beat north? North and lions in similar form and similar place on the ladder?

A correction required Roby?

"12 Port Adelaide (-)
13 Kangaroos (-)
13 Brisbane (+1)
15 Bulldogs (-)"

Are you saying Lions and Roos are equal on 13th place?

Hawks have won 5 in a row and haven't gone down?

Why does this differ to Collingwood?

Less help from the umpires and whenever Collingwood win, Jupiter isn't aligned with Saturn. All in the details, mate.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Swans flog lions and are displaced by the eagles who just beat north? North and lions in similar form and similar place on the ladder?

In Roby-world the Eagles were expected to lose by 28 points so we actually performed 5 goals better than expected, while the Swans result was in line with expectations. Never mind the fact that we played like s**t for half the game and were lucky to win at all.

I'm quite partial to a good troll, but this s**t is some of the dumbest ever posted here.

Also would be intersted to know if Hawthorn went up in the power rankings when we touched 'em up in Tassie. :rolleyes:

Depends on how Roby feels at the time. Since the primary determination of where a team is placed is purely based on Roby's own opinion. Especially if it will get a reaction.

In Roby-world the Eagles were expected to lose by 28 points so we actually performed 5 goals better than expected, while the Swans result was in line with expectations. Never mind the fact that we played like s**t for half the game and were lucky to win at all.

I still dont get how Roby's rankings had north (13th) favourite over west coast (3rd)
surely power rankings depict that higher placed teams are the favourite?

I'll eat my hat if Eagles-Sydney isn't a closer game than Geelong-Collingwood.

Also lolz at 4th v 13th on a neutral ground being a predicted best match. If there are 9 spots and 2 "distinct gaps" between them then either it should be a comfortable win for 4th or your rankings bear no correlation to reality.

You are not very bright are you. Its a good match for Roby because they are close on the actual ladder yet he ranks Carlton far higher thus the line for Carlton will be way in his favor.

Moving along, i have North in front of Carlton winning the game overall so shall be interesting the line they come up with. I'd have both teams 1.90 a piece... in fact i'll go look on sportsbet for the head....

Carlton going in as slight favorites

Not much value Roby but good luck regardless

Well... I guess we're ****ed this weekend if they've gone up to 4th.
I suppose if you tell enough lies and make enough mistakes, that eventually you believe your own bullshit without fear of reprimand.

;)

I suppose if you tell enough lies and make enough mistakes, that eventually you believe your own bullshit without fear of reprimand.

;)

Can't tell you how epic that post is. Nobody in this thread will get that. Motherf*****, I'm laughing my arse off here.

Can't tell you how epic that post is. Nobody in this thread will get that. Motherf*****, I'm laughing my arse off here.
Well, I told you I shotgunned it.

Any Twitter nut can search for it...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back