2012 MLB Season Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Three-nothing down in a World Series - Tigers will need to make history now. And they face Matt Cain tomorrow.
It can change quickly though, if they scrape out a win against us tomorrow, they then get Verlander up, and then it could be 3-2 going back to the West Coast.

I hope we seal it tomorrow now, let's get it out of the way and start celebrating.:)

Cabrera really wasted that bases loaded tonight, he may be the triple crown winner, but considering the situation he had to make something happen.

Think it either ends tomorrow or we are heading back to SF. Issue for Detroit they don't even look like scoring.

Problem is SF only need one game where the Bullpens are needed and she is all over.

GO GIANTS!!!!

Giants pitching and fielding outstanding. Too many Tigers trying to hit big, just get base hits going and runs will come

giants pitching has been relentless. giving the tigers nothing, really has been a brilliant display overall. are the red sox the last team to come from 3-0 down (in a best of 7 series) when they got up against the yankees 7-8 years ago? either way, detroit have a sh*tload to do its fair to say to get out of this.

giants pitching has been relentless. giving the tigers nothing, really has been a brilliant display overall. are the red sox the last team to come from 3-0 down (in a best of 7 series) when they got up against the yankees 7-8 years ago? either way, detroit have a sh*tload to do its fair to say to get out of this.

The Red Sox are the only team ever to come back from a 3 game deficit in a 7 games series.

I feel for the Tigers Pitchers, they have done their job the last 2 games and have gotten nothing from the offense, the Tigers have great bats but have all year struggled to grind out runs, too much "millionaires" or "poor" hitting by them. They are going to have to grind out one of the next four if they are any chance.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Shows yet again how good pitching stops good hitting. Yep, Cabrera won the Triple crown, but Vogelsong handled him mano a mano- the way it is supposed to be. Lincecum with another marvelous job in middle relief. If he struggles next year as a starter, will be interesting to see what the giants do. His contract runs out after next year, but wyhat role does he have?

Fat lady has got her chords well warmed up- don't think there will eb another game at PacBell...er, ATT. Giants will celebrate tonight or tomorrow night.

Think there are only four teams in all of sports history to come back from 3-0 defecits (hockey and basketball added in). I saw one of those seventh games- Flyers v Bruins a couple years ago in boston. As a flyer fan, wearing my orange jersey, I was ecstatic, and surprisingly did not cop much from the beantowners.....

Tigers didn't score a huge amount of runs in the alcs. they have 4-5 quality hitters the rest battle. always thought the giants ability to score runs will be the difference. thought tigers may take a couple off the giants on the back of cabrera prince young and peralta but ultimately won't score enough.

Being a Indians fan I have watched the Tigers play the Indians a lot this year. We are one if the worst teams in the AL and yet we had a good record against them.

The Tigers could go down without a whimper today, but it also wouldn't surprise me if they won the next 4 games 10-6, that's the way they play, and that's why the Giants are up 3-0, too dependent on 4 or 5.

The Giants have a well balanced team that can lose, but also no how to keep it tight and score a run when needed.

Tigers seem to know how to score either1 or 10 runs.

You have to laugh at baseball players. Giants dugout saying a "gust of wind" carried that ball over the wall, when clearly the wind has been blowing out there hard all game.

Oh well, lead gone for the first time in the series, rally time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back