2012 MLB Season Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Congrats tot eh giants on a superb win. Best game of the Series by far as far as competitiveness went. I wouldn't be talking upo the superiority of the giants THAT much- they just came good when they had to and the tigers got cold. Nature of the ebats in the playoffs as now constituted. This is not meant as a knock against the giants by any means- they did exactly what they had to do.

On to the offseason. Pitchers and catchers report in a little over three months.

On to the offseason. Pitchers and catchers report in a little over three months.

And by that time I just seeing the trucks, then pitchers and catchers rolling in. Can't wait for Spring Training all ready.

I wouldn't be talking upo the superiority of the giants THAT much- they just came good when they had to and the tigers got cold.
That's what seems to win world series now though, not the "best" team of the year, but the team that hits form at the right time of the year, it's now happened three years in a row where a team that has had a good regular season, but not a great one has hit form in the playoffs and gone on a run.

Yeah, you're right, Matty- again, my comment is not to put down the Giants and their victory- it is the nature of the playoffs these days. almost makes the regular season irrelevant, which I truly hate. MLB is heading the way of the other major sports. When you have a team with a 500 record win the Series, then we will have arrived at that level.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back