tb_fanboy

Cancelled
NFL Prediction Comp Participant
Mar 1, 2011
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Denver, UO, NY
Hi guys! Hoping after searching there isn't one big thread for all this I missed...:cool:

I know its a bit early but who cares! Off season talk and I'll start with the obvious one, Peyton Manning. Where? There's been recent talk of the 9ers but if any where I still think it'll be NY Jets. If he were to go to the Jets what do you think will happen to Sanchez? Redskins?

Re: NFL 2012 Off-Season Discussion - Drafts, Trades, Free Agents, etc

Hell, in Philly we're still waiting for Better Job Reid to give his end of season press conference. Guess he still thinks we're playing, although God knows where those games are being played- Samoa, maybe......

Re: NFL 2012 Off-Season Discussion - Drafts, Trades, Free Agents, etc

Hell, in Philly we're still waiting for Better Job Reid to give his end of season press conference. Guess he still thinks we're playing, although God knows where those games are being played- Samoa, maybe......
Close, Honolulu.

Re: NFL 2012 Off-Season Discussion - Draft, Trades, Free Agents, etc

With Grimes almost certainly gone, I want another corner too.

With Doug martin doing himself amazing favours in senior bowl week, we'll struggle to trade up to grab him even from a mid-late 3nd round pick. (We'll need cover for Turner really soon)

So I hope that 1st pick is for another cornerback.

I want 3 good ones. Robinson is good enough (as long as he doesn't get suspended next time we play the Eagles, he likes playing dirty against them for some reason) but behind that, our secondary is horrendous.

I just want a legit starting calibre wide receiver.
Think CT can ever be that?

That draft pick's still gotta be smarting...

Once Morgan comes back, I wouldn't be surprised to see CT relegated to 3rd WR, 4th receiver.

off-season prediction #1

Eagles fans will suggest we sign every single decent linebacker who is available. The Eagles will sign none of them and instead sign one or two of the s**t ones.

off-season prediction #1

Eagles fans will suggest we sign every single decent linebacker who is available. The Eagles will sign none of them and instead sign one or two of the s**t ones.

Just let me here BJR's comments on the season past and where he thinks we need to improve (not just we all have to do better jobs) and THEN I'll start talking Iggles.

How many days until pitchers and catchers report? I predict that will be the day BJR comes out of hiding to talk about the failure that was 2011.

Jets need upgrades at WR (Plax gone, Santonio being a nutcase), RB (especially if LT doesn't come back), safety and linebacker. Jets also need a decent backup QB, as Brunell doesn't cut it. Tanny will need to be on the ball with both free agency and the draft.

Don't know what's out there yet, but hopefully Tanny spends the salary cap wisely.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Think CT can ever be that?

That draft pick's still gotta be smarting...

Once Morgan comes back, I wouldn't be surprised to see CT relegated to 3rd WR, 4th receiver.

Unfortunately no.

Morgan is a FA but Harbaugh has made it clear he wants him back....probably the one WR that had real chemistry with Smith. I know they are few and far between but we need a true number one, Crabtree and Morgan in supporting roles is fine by me but we need that one guy that can make plays when the ball is up for grabs.

The 49ers rolled out Brett Swain and Joe Hastings in the NFC Championship game! Maybe we should have signed TO?

After the disaster that was the 2011 NFL season the Vikings are definitely in rebuilding mode. Their biggest needs are LT, CB, SS, G, WR, and MLB

LT: Left Tackles don't come round in free agency, a good/great LT is worth their weight on gold and will never see the light of free agency - the Vikings will very likely draft an LT in the draft

CB: The Vikings probably need not one, but two starting quality cornerbacks to help repair their defensive backfield. I can see the Vikings drafting a CB high in the draft as well as trying to sign one in FA

SS: Finding a starting quality NFL safeties in the 2012 draft could be difficult with a very thin field after Mark Barron. The Vikings will therefore be looking at the free agency safeties

G: The Vikings may actually be looking for two Guards in 2012 and will likely be looking to the draft, which is pretty deep this year, and to free agency

WR: The Vikings need a legitmate #1 WR and let Percy Harvin go back to #2. The Vikings have the option of taking a WR in the first or second rounds of the draft, but I would prefer a free agent and take LT/CB instead in the draft.

To further complicate matters, the Vikings stadium impasse is likely to have a detrimental effect in free agency. The preferred solution for the Minnesota legislature (yet to be voted on BTW) is to rebuild on the Metrodome site which means the Vikings will have to play elsewhere (probably the outdoor University of Minnesota TCF Bank Stadium) for the three years that the rebuild would take. Such a scenario is unlikely to have free agents knocking down the door to play in Minnesota.

Falcons need LT, DE, ILB, OLB, CB x2, FS, SS.
Falons should also prepare for the future and go C, HB, K and LS as well.

Biggest needs would be 1 CB and LT though.

Bears need back-up QB, 2 x WR, TE, LT, DE, OLB, CB

Just about every team in the NFL would like a better back-up QB though. :p

The Most Productive 25 Pass Rushers

Rank Name Team Pass Rushes Total Pressure Per Pass Rush PRP
1 Carlos Dunlap CIN 202 38 18.81% 15.47
2 Von Miller DEN 302 55 18.21% 15.15
3 Trent Cole PHI 231 43 18.61% 14.94
4 Cameron Wake MIA 311 56 18.01% 14.55
5 Chris Long SL 351 61 17.38% 13.60
6 Kamerion Wimbley OAK 324 53 16.36% 13.19
7 Brian Orakpo WAS 259 43 16.60% 12.93
8 Jason Babin PHI 272 44 16.18% 12.87
9 Clay Matthews GB 363 54 14.88% 12.26
10 Aldon Smith SF 238 36 15.13% 12.18
11 Demarcus Ware DAL 332 49 14.76% 11.45
12 John Abraham ATL 243 33 13.58% 11.01
13 Chris Clemons SEA 348 49 14.08% 10.99
14 Antonio D. Smith HOU 319 41 12.85% 10.66
15 Clark Haggans ARI 230 31 13.48% 10.65
16 Andre Carter NE 353 45 12.75% 10.48
17 Dwight Freeney IND 276 36 13.04% 10.42
18 Ryan Kerrigan WAS 291 38 13.06% 10.31
19 Osi Umenyiora NYG 216 28 12.96% 10.19
20 Tamba Hali KC 302 38 12.58% 10.18
21 Robert Quinn SL 218 27 12.39% 10.09
22 Cliff Avril DET 295 36 12.20% 9.66
23 Adrian Clayborn TB 285 34 11.93% 9.65
24 Terrell Suggs BAL 355 43 12.11% 9.51
25 Rob Ninkovich NE 233 28 12.02% 9.44

We need a few holes the plug but if we don't get a QB and we are left with Jackson, we might as well give up on the season.

And re-signing Lynch is crucial.

Saints still need a better pass rush from their front 4 so we don't have to blitz with up to 6 players, though with Greg Williams gone we probably won't be doing that anyway which makes it even more important.

yeah Denver are probably on the look for a QB in case thing with Tebow don't work out (hopefully will)

Also, I'm no good at mock drafts, or predictions in the NFL or AFL so was just wondering where you guys think LaMichael James would go and in what round? Which teams are looking for a running back?

Baltimore need another LT and to get younger at WR and MLB.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back