2013/14 Melbourne Victory Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, apparently we have only scored one headed goal this season (I knew it wasn't many, but wasn't sure of the exact number) - this is embarrassing and totally unacceptable. I realise that the way we play is never going to create many header opportunities, but we have virtually no aerial threat at all from either open play or set-pieces and when you consider that there are only two methods via which a goal can be scored - feet and head - we are putting ourselves at a major disadvantage. Berisha might help to an extent next season, but we certainly need to become more of an all-round attacking threat.

On another note, Graham Arnold has been sacked from his Japanese club. If I were the Victory, I would be approaching him about replacing Muscat.
Milligan on the weekend and that's it?

Ansell scored one in the ACL as well but they're the only 2 I can think of

Clinical display. Haven't seen us play better than that all season.

Two pieces of the jigsaw in place. Two to go.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We should have sewn 2nd place up weeks ago and not had to rely on everything falling our way in the final round - particularly having to rely on Heart doing anything other than lose.

Etihad or AAMI?

The Perth final last year was at Etihad and I think that the contract stipulates that finals are played at Etihad, could be wrong though.

EDIT: If it's at Etihad, the game can't be on Friday night (unless the A-League would play a game on Good Friday), Saturday night (Essendon vs. St Kilda) or Sunday (Western Bulldogs vs. Carlton).

So I don't know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back