2014/15 Melbourne Victory Thread - Home of the Champions!! #10yearsproud

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
According to the Herald Sun this morning Millsy's deal isn't done yet but will be, and Archie very likely to stay.

Last edited:

http://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/article/2015/06/23/milligans-baniyas-move-done-deal

Australia midfielder Mark Milligan’s lucrative move to the United Arab Emirates has been confirmed by long-time suitor Baniyas on its official website.

number 5 shirt is already taken at Bani, however he can wear number 6

Baniyas_soccer_2.jpg

here is nicky carle playing for the team

Baniyas%20vs%20Fujaira5%20copy.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I like this! we are keeping our squad together which is a very good sign and it shows that the bond between the players and the culture at the club is really strong. I smell more silverware or dunny seats :D.

Last edited:
We did lose Milligan though. He'll be tough to replace.
I guess the positive is we aren't losing players to rival clubs. Broxham is a decent replacement as he will play more id suspect. Not ideal but not many teams could lose a player of milligan's level and have a replacement in broxham.

Having said that, we still have the Aussie marquee spot.

I guess the positive is we aren't losing players to rival clubs. Broxham is a decent replacement as he will play more id suspect. Not ideal but not many teams could lose a player of milligan's level and have a replacement in broxham.

Having said that, we still have the Aussie marquee spot.
Juric, come on down?

i want a robust CM who can demand presence in the middle like milly did
Can't think of anyone Australian who would be willing to come to the A League to fill that role.

Ryan Edwards was released by Reading (haven't seen much of him) so not sure what he's up to. Pitty Tommy Oar has said he doesn't want to come back to Australia. I wouldn't have thought Bresciano would be the age of player we'd bring in either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back