List Mgmt. 2014 Draft + DFA Talk Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

IMO we need another KPD and a mid sized defender.
Sean McLaren Michael Hartley or Ryan Tester for the KPD
Josh Glenn Daniel Capiron Jason Castagna or Adam Saad for the mid sized defender.

Would love to see the age profile aw of our list now in relation to the other clubs.

Out: Edwards (29) Jackson (29) King (29) Stephenson (31)
In: Ellis (18) Menadue (18) Drummond (19) Butler (18) McKenzie (18)

(If someone skilled could do a graph, I think it would be very interesting)

Steffi_Graf_für_Rexona.jpg

Last edited:
Would love to see the age profile of our list now in relation to the other clubs.

Out: Edwards (29) Jackson (29) King (29) Stephenson (31)
In: Ellis (18) Menadue (18) Drummond (19) Butler (18) McKenzie (18)

(If someone skilled could do a graph, I think it would be very interesting)

8mnbnmZ.png

That's a breakdown of list age as of Round 1. Kamdyn McIntosh is 20 in this table as he turns 21 the day after round 1.

I'll spend the next week or so dissecting other clubs and do a comparison.

53.26% of the list will be 25 or younger heading into round one, and 68.74% 26 and under. Strong age distribution now.

I'm just reading Twomey's list of who could still be picked up. Nick Jackson as a developing KPD?

Correct me if i'm wrong but we have 3 other picks if we take Arnot with our last pick. With that in mind

1. Bampton/Evans/Yarran/Walsh etc- Best mid available
2. Keitel/Ramsey/Hartley- KPD
3. Glenn/Capiron/Castagna- Med Back

Well it will beel very sad if weller is tearing it up. And ellis is on the sidelines with a foot injury that he had when they recruited him... hopefully its a sign though that he was steal for us at 12

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rival clubs on Friday agreed Ellis, 18, was among the best kicks in this year’s draft pool but said they baulked at recruiting him because of the injury.

This is why Ellis is not actually a low risk pick but a risky pick. He's one of the youngest in the draft, had an injury and has a lot of development in him. People assuming this is another high floor low ceiling pick are mistaken. His numbers would have been much better if he had have stayed fit this year. Weller is older, didn't have the injuries that Ellis did and isn't as good contested wise. He's faster, but Richmond picked up speed later. I wouldn't be surprised if Ellis turns out to be better than all the other players posters wanted, such as Weller, Duggan and Cockatoo. Cockatoo is still quite raw, Duggan is as slow as Ellis and isn't as proven in the midfield and Weller's inside game needs improving. He's a much better talent than Conca, who happens to be Richmond's only real disappointing first round midfielder from the past decade or so. He's arguably a better prospect than Lennon. I hope Ellis dominates and teaches these youtube recruiters a lesson. "You can judge a player based on five minutes of video", bullcrap!

Last edited:
People should stop complaining about how we didn't pick Laverde or Weller because there's nothing we can do about it and only a handful of people here actually have the vast knowledge and experience of being an AFL recruiter. I trust Francis Jackson entirely with this draft. If people keep whinging about picking Ellis and the media picks this up then starts making up some bullshit about us not picking so and so, it'll turn into Tambling 2.0 again.
Embrace who we pick in the draft, ultimately it comes down to development, ones own mentality and environment. Melbourne has picked up plenty of gun junior players but their development sucks.

People should stop complaining about how we didn't pick Laverde or Weller because there's nothing we can do about it and only a handful of people here actually have the vast knowledge and experience of being an AFL recruiter. I trust Francis Jackson entirely with this draft. If people keep whinging about picking Ellis and the media picks this up then starts making up some bullshit about us not picking so and so, it'll turn into Tambling 2.0 again.
Embrace who we pick in the draft, ultimately it comes down to development, ones own mentality and environment. Melbourne has picked up plenty of gun junior players but their development sucks.

Great post

So how many rookie picks do we have? I have Richmond on 41 players on the main list and one on the rookie list, which means two rookie picks, is that correct? Assuming Arnot is picked, that means one live pick left?
No. It appears we are going with the 39/5 player system, but remember Soldo is a cat b rookie which isn't counted in the 5. So that means Arnot, Thomas plus 3 more picks.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back