List Mgmt. 2014 Draft + DFA Talk Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

What's the go with Laverde sliding? Has he got an injury concern? Or something else we don't know about?

He's got a big drinking problem; could embarrass the program. Meet me up in that tree later and I'll tell you more.

9jI7q.png

Just for Tomnat Tigers I've done a top 70. Go easy on me please (yeah I know you're all campaigners). :D

I did it based on picking for RFC. There were a couple I found hard to split and tended to go the Vic option when there was a struggle.

Broke it into sections where I think there is a bit of a drop off in talent.

1-6: Guys we likely have no shot at

1. Christian Petracca
2. Isaac Heeney (top 2 could go either way but seems we ain't getting them who cares :p)
3. Angus Brayshaw
4. Darcy Moore
5. Peter Wright
6. Patrick McCartin

7-15: guys I'd use pick 12 on.
7. Lachie Weller
8. Paul Ahern
9. Jarrod Pickett (found him and Ahern tough to split so gone the home town boy higher.)
10. Jayden Laverde
11. Jordan De Goey
12. Jake Lever
13. Liam Duggan
14. Corey Ellis (I still struggle to separate him and Duggan)
15. Reece McKenzie

16-27: Guys that likely fall between our picks but hopefully get to 33.

16. Connor Blakely
17. Jarrod Garlett
18. Connor Menadue
19. Jack Steele
20. Sam Durdin
21. Nakia Cockatoo
22. Dean Gore (love this kid and shocked there is talk he could go 3rd round, especially to us)
23. Kyle Langford (Found him the hardest to place)
24. Caleb Marchbank
25. Touk Miller (does he become a mid at AFL level or just a forward? If he becomes a mid then I think he could be in the top 15)
26. Hugh Goddard
27. Daniel McKenzie

28-38: 2nd/3rd round prospects

28. Harrison Wigg
29. Brayden Maynard
30. Jaden McGrath (probably too high but he has a heap of talent)
31. Damian Cavka
32. Alex Neal-Bullen
33. Dillon Viojo-Rainbow
34. Liam Dawson
35. Peter Bampton (seems like the slider. If we can grab some speed with first couple I'd take him.)
36. Corey Gregson
37. Tom Lamb (the other with Langford I found hard to place. Not convinced he will reach his ceiling which is quite high)
38. Blaine Boekhorst (didn't realise he was only 21 and had to squeeze him into this group. Very talented)

39-53: other options for pick 52

39. Jack Lonie
40. Jackson Nelson
41. Toby McLean
42. Billy Stretch
43. Clem Smith
44. Declan Hamilton
45. Lukas Webb
46. Billy Evans
47. Aidan Anderson
48. Ed Vickers-Willis (not as high on this bloke as others it seems. I must be missing something)
49. Ed Langdon
50. Keenan Ramsay
51. Daniel Nielsen
52. Nathan Drummond
53. Daniel Capiron

54-70: guys I'd take at pick 70 or rookie.

54. Nic Newman
55. Bailey Dale
56. Matthew Panos
57. Jayden Short
58. Daniel Howe
59. Bradley Walsh (really like this kid, despite his lack of athleticism)
60. Josh Glenn
61. Mac Bower (under-performed this year but he's tall and athletic with good skills, nice project to see if he can put it together)
62. James Rose
63. Daniel Butler
64. Oleg Markov
65. Dougal Howard
66. Caleb Daniel
67. Jermaine Miller-Lewis
68. Shannon Taylor
69. Matthew Goodyear
70. Nick Mellington

Just for Tomnat Tigers I've done a top 70. Go easy on me please (yeah I know you're all campaigners). :D

I did it based on picking for RFC. There were a couple I found hard to split and tended to go the Vic option when there was a struggle.

1. Christian Petracca
2. Isaac Heeney (top 2 could go either way but seems we ain't getting them who cares :p)
3. Angus Brayshaw
4. Darcy Moore
5. Peter Wright
6. Patrick McCartin

7. Lachie Weller
8. Paul Ahern
9. Jarrod Pickett (found him and Ahern tough to split so gone the home town boy higher.)
10. Jayden Laverde
11. Jordan De Goey
12. Jake Lever
13. Liam Duggan
15. Reece McKenzie

16. Connor Blakely
17. Jarrod Garlett
18. Connor Menadue
19. Jack Steele
20. Sam Durdin
21. Nakia Cockatoo
22. Dean Gore (love this kid and shocked there is talk he could go 3rd round, especially to us)
24. Caleb Marchbank
25. Touk Miller (does he become a mid at AFL level or just a forward? If he becomes a mid then I think he could be in the top 15)
26. Hugh Goddard
27. Daniel McKenzie

28. Harrison Wigg
29. Brayden Maynard
31. Damian Cavka
32. Alex Neal-Bullen
33. Dillon Viojo-Rainbow
34. Liam Dawson
35. Peter Bampton (seems like the slider. If we can grab some speed with first couple I'd take him.)
36. Corey Gregson
37. Tom Lamb (the other with Langford I found hard to place. Not convinced he will reach his ceiling which is quite high)
38. Blaine Boekhorst (didn't realise he was only 21 and had to squeeze him into this group. Very talented)

39. Jack Lonie
40. Jackson Nelson
41. Toby McLean
42. Billy Stretch
43. Clem Smith
44. Declan Hamilton
45. Lukas Webb
46. Billy Evans
47. Aidan Anderson
48. Ed Vickers-Willis (not as high on this bloke as others it seems. I must be missing something)
49. Ed Langdon
50. Keenan Ramsay
51. Daniel Nielsen
52. Nathan Drummond
53. Daniel Capiron

54. Nic Newman
55. Bailey Dale
56. Matthew Panos
57. Jayden Short
58. Daniel Howe
60. Josh Glenn
61. Mac Bower (under-performed this year but he's tall and athletic with good skills, nice project to see if he can put it together)
62. James Rose
63. Daniel Butler
64. Oleg Markov
65. Dougal Howard
66. Caleb Daniel
68. Shannon Taylor
69. Matthew Goodyear
70. Nick Mellington

Ahhhh Panos...touted a first rounder by most on BF....went 3rd round of the rookie draft!

What does anyone know about Pat McKenna?
I played cricket at the sane club and he is outstanding. Was skipper of Australian under 17's and then went to Carlton last year with the world at his feet.
I find out today he's a good footballer also. Had no idea.
As many as ten clubs have been in contact including us on more than one occasion?
I wondered why he hadn't been playing cricket at Carlton.
Apoarently he put it all aside for footy.

Why we should draft Ellis:
Ellis' ball use and decision-making sets him apart. He's in the top echelon for both categories, and he makes use of it in games.
His versatility is also a strength. He can be used off half-back, on a wing, in a midfield role and even closer to goal, where his left-foot disposal is damaging. But wherever he plays, he knows what to do.
Ellis has the knack of reading the play, finding the ball and making quick and correct decisions when it's in his hands. He can't really explain where it comes from, just that he's good at thinking clearly under pressure.
Behind Ellis' quiet personality is also a steely determination to succeed. He knows what he wants, has worked hard to this point to get there, and has the mature head to settle into an AFL club.
Query:
He is perhaps one-paced, but that's not a huge concern. Ellis' foot injury is not ideal, particularly given the proper diagnosis wasn't found until later on, but hopefully it doesn't linger.
Hopefully he will be a Tiger because:
There's a bit of Dom Tyson to Ellis. He isn't especially fast, but gets around that by being very quick of mind and at getting the ball in his hands.
Ellis is a first-round pick in the eyes of most club recruiters, but will most likely fall between picks No.12 and 20
Ellis is unassuming, but he's courageous at the stoppages, smart when he has the ball and a very damaging kick. He brings players into the game and does everything without looking troubled.

all taken from the AFL website.....

You are much higher than others on Wigg tigs2010 ? What's your thoughts on him?
I think he's a great fit off half back. Sounds like GC will probably take him at 29 though. I think he's similar to Colquhoun or however you spell it but is more competitive and capable of winning contested footy. Probably doesn't have a massive ceiling but his floor is higher than most because his kicking will be a weapon no matter what.

What does anyone know about Pat McKenna?
I played cricket at the sane club and he is outstanding. Was skipper of Australian under 17's and then went to Carlton last year with the world at his feet.
I find out today he's a good footballer also. Had no idea.
As many as ten clubs have been in contact including us on more than one occasion?
I wondered why I he hadn't been playing cricket at Carlton.
Apoarently he put it all aside for footy.

Apparently he's a creative half forward like Breust and Stevie J. Where did you hear we are interested? I'm not surprised though, we keep in regular contact with Alex Keath, a gun junior footballer who now plays cricket with the Bushrangers just incase he decides to return to footy.

Why we should draft Ellis:
Ellis' ball use and decision-making sets him apart. He's in the top echelon for both categories, and he makes use of it in games.
His versatility is also a strength. He can be used off half-back, on a wing, in a midfield role and even closer to goal, where his left-foot disposal is damaging. But wherever he plays, he knows what to do.
Ellis has the knack of reading the play, finding the ball and making quick and correct decisions when it's in his hands. He can't really explain where it comes from, just that he's good at thinking clearly under pressure.
Behind Ellis' quiet personality is also a steely determination to succeed. He knows what he wants, has worked hard to this point to get there, and has the mature head to settle into an AFL club.
Query:
He is perhaps one-paced, but that's not a huge concern. Ellis' foot injury is not ideal, particularly given the proper diagnosis wasn't found until later on, but hopefully it doesn't linger.
Hopefully he will be a Tiger because:
There's a bit of Dom Tyson to Ellis. He isn't especially fast, but gets around that by being very quick of mind and at getting the ball in his hands.
Ellis is a first-round pick in the eyes of most club recruiters, but will most likely fall between picks No.12 and 20
Ellis is unassuming, but he's courageous at the stoppages, smart when he has the ball and a very damaging kick. He brings players into the game and does everything without looking troubled.

all taken from the AFL website.....

Can't see Dom Tyson personally. IMO Dom looks to be far more inside than Ellis.

I really cannot see us passing on Lever if available. The difference he would make to our back line as well as midfield would be immeasurable! He simply represents the class and skill set we lack the most! Lever would propel us into the top 4 IMO!

Apparently he's a creative half forward like Breust and Stevie J. Where did you hear we are interested? I'm not surprised though, we keep in regular contact with Alex Keath, a gun junior footballer who now plays cricket with the Bushrangers just incase he decides to return to footy.
He is still in contact with the players at the cricket club and a few of them told me.

I've never seen him play.
I've seen him play cricket plenty!!!
Haha.
Actually for a cricket club it's proving a fertile breeding ground for footy!
Adam Kennedy was playing there for a few years until drafted and our very own recruiter Luke Williams also once upon a time!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've never himn him play.
I've seen him play cricket plenty!!!
Haha.
Actually for a cricket club it's proving a fertile breeding ground for footy!
Adam Kennedy was playing there for a few years until drafted and our very own recruiter Luke Williams also once upon a time!

We might pick him with our 3rd rounder. Who knows? I have not seen him. Its one for the recruiters. If they think its warranted fair enough. Hopefully they have scouted him and know enough to make the right call.Could be a versatile player, really depends on what recruiters see in him and how they rate him!

He would be worth a rookie spot at least one would think!

1. Christian Petracca
3. Angus Brayshaw
4. Darcy Moore
5. Peter Wright
6. Patrick McCartin

7. Lachie Weller
8. Paul Ahern
10. Jayden Laverde
11. Jordan De Goey
12. Jake Lever
13. Liam Duggan
15. Reece McKenzie

16. Connor Blakely
17. Jarrod Garlett
18. Connor Menadue
19. Jack Steele
20. Sam Durdin
21. Nakia Cockatoo
24. Caleb Marchbank
26. Hugh Goddard
27. Daniel McKenzie

28. Harrison Wigg
29. Brayden Maynard
31. Damian Cavka
32. Alex Neal-Bullen
33. Dillon Viojo-Rainbow
34. Liam Dawson
36. Corey Gregson

39. Jack Lonie
40. Jackson Nelson
41. Toby McLean
42. Billy Stretch
43. Clem Smith
44. Declan Hamilton
45. Lukas Webb
46. Billy Evans
47. Aidan Anderson
49. Ed Langdon
50. Keenan Ramsay
51. Daniel Nielsen
52. Nathan Drummond
53. Daniel Capiron

54. Nic Newman
55. Bailey Dale
56. Matthew Panos
57. Jayden Short
58. Daniel Howe
60. Josh Glenn
62. James Rose
63. Daniel Butler
64. Oleg Markov
65. Dougal Howard
66. Caleb Daniel
68. Shannon Taylor
69. Matthew Goodyear
70. Nick Mellington
Oscar Mcdonald will be picked in the top 35.

You've got marchbank rated at 24th which is interesting. He's been invited to draft night so someone inside the top 10 must have serious interest.
Yeah it's just where I rate them not where they'll go. Goddard I have lower and I believe he's a top 7 certainty it seems.

Nobody has any idea how this draft will pan out, so everyone's keeping their cards close to their chest. We have no idea who Richmond want for good reason.

Sit back and enjoy as it all unfolds!
I wouldn't be too quick to judge
I reckon there will be a few Harry Hindsights telling us why we picked up the players we did...like it was all so obvious

Looking forward to seeing how it all pans out...and banging on BigFooty for laughs

I wouldn't be too quick to judge
I reckon there will be a few Harry Hindsights telling us why we picked up the players we did...like it was all so obvious

Looking forward to seeing how it all pans out...and banging on BigFooty for laughs

I feel there will be more bemoaning the fact we didnt pick up certain players ;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back